Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-01-2011, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Missy good luck and I know you can do it. Check in here for incouragement. Good luck at the doctors.mary
    Thank you Mary! I definitely will keep checking in!

Missy
    Old 05-01-2011, 02:23 PM

Rose, I was also going to suggest Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds. I have her DVDs and those are good work outs for when you cant get out and walk. I agree that planning meals ahead are a good idea when trying to lose weight. It helps me to stay on better track.

Missy, I have confidence in you, that you are going to reach your goal before surgery. I'm rooting for you and so proud of you!! You go girl. Keep on keeping on. Hey, I weighed 250.6 yesterday. I've lost 22.2 lbs. Im SO close to being in the 240s, which I havent seen in 7 years. I WILL see 249 on my scales within the next few days. I'm right there with you on seeing the numbers going down....down......down..... Hugs, Sandy
    Old 05-01-2011, 02:25 PM
    Power Poster

Today I had 2 eggs scrambled with onion and mushrooms and decafe coffee with equal and a tbsp 1% milk and 3 prunes,lunch was a green salad about 2 cups lettuce,2 grape tomatoes,1 blk olive sliced 1/2 oz skim milk motzrella cheese, 1/4 avacado 2 tbs ranch dressing. supper will be another salad (simalar to lunch)leftover brocoli and cauliflower medley , bok choy, and 1 sm. chicken brst broiled. I have water with my lunch and supper.snack about 7 will be a light yogert cup.
    Old 05-01-2011, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
    Rose, I was also going to suggest Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds. I have her DVDs and those are good work outs for when you cant get out and walk.

Missy, I have confidence in you, that you are going to reach your goal before surgery. I'm rooting for you and so proud of you!! You go girl. Keep on keeping on. Hey, I weighed 250.6 yesterday. I've lost 22.2 lbs. Im SO close to being in the 240s, which I havent seen in 7 years. I WILL see 249 on my scales within the next few days. I'm right there with you on seeing the numbers going down....down......down..... Hugs, Sandy
    Sandy,
    I am so excited that you will be in the 240s! That is just sooo wonderful!!! Thank you for all the encouragement!!
    Missy
    Old 05-01-2011, 02:32 PM
    Power Poster

240's that will be exciting.I can't wait to start losing also.I gotta try and get one of those meters that some of you have.That's really like bragging without showing your numbers of weight. Even when I was in the 130's very long time ago I hated for anyone to know my weight. Now I would put it outside my house in neon if I down to that.lol
    Old 05-01-2011, 02:42 PM

Mary, I am on myfitnesspal.com. You can get the meter there. I love the site. I will say I dont log my food in every day, but I am going to do better. You can put in what you ate and it will automatically tell you the calories, fats, carbs etc that you ate. It will also keep up with your exercise. All you have to do is enter the info and it figures everything up for you. It's free. It's neat. Check it out. I am in no way affiliated with that site, just a satisfied customer. Sandy
    Old 05-01-2011, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Hello hello! I have 25 days until my weight loss surgery. I have eliminated all solid food out of my diet and am drinking 7 shakes a day totalling 1,170 calories. I have just a few pounds to go to meet the requirement that I have to weigh less than 400 pounds on the day of the surgery. That seems like a huge thing to me but I am going to work my buns off trying! If I can get to 390 by surgery day I will be one happy girl!!!

Tomorrow I have to go get my meds and meet with my therapist and at 1 o'clock I am going to the gym to work out. Hopefully if I work out every day and do the shakes then I can get to my goal of 390 pounds by May 25th.

May 25th is the day before surgery but it is also the day I weigh in for the last time. The surgeon said if I am not at 400 or below on that day then he will not do the surgery. Sigh. That is why I am working so hard to get under that mark. I am trying to account for any differences in the scales. PLUS I think it will prove to the surgeon how serious I am about losing this weight.

So, everybody, please pray for me and know that I will keep you updated every step along the way on my journey to a better body and a healthier life!

Love y'all!

Missy
    Hey Missy,
    Just want to wish you luck and send big cheers of support your way. You can do it! You go girl!!

Rose
    Old 05-01-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rose L
    Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Hello hello! I have 25 days until my weight loss surgery. I have eliminated all solid food out of my diet and am drinking 7 shakes a day totalling 1,170 calories. I have just a few pounds to go to meet the requirement that I have to weigh less than 400 pounds on the day of the surgery. That seems like a huge thing to me but I am going to work my buns off trying! If I can get to 390 by surgery day I will be one happy girl!!!

Tomorrow I have to go get my meds and meet with my therapist and at 1 o'clock I am going to the gym to work out. Hopefully if I work out every day and do the shakes then I can get to my goal of 390 pounds by May 25th.

May 25th is the day before surgery but it is also the day I weigh in for the last time. The surgeon said if I am not at 400 or below on that day then he will not do the surgery. Sigh. That is why I am working so hard to get under that mark. I am trying to account for any differences in the scales. PLUS I think it will prove to the surgeon how serious I am about losing this weight.

So, everybody, please pray for me and know that I will keep you updated every step along the way on my journey to a better body and a healthier life!

Love y'all!

Missy
    Hey Missy,
    Just want to wish you luck and send big cheers of support your way. You can do it! You go girl!!

Rose
    Oh thank you thank you Rose!!

Missy
    Old 05-01-2011, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
    Rose, I was also going to suggest Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds. I have her DVDs and those are good work outs for when you cant get out and walk. I agree that planning meals ahead are a good idea when trying to lose weight. It helps me to stay on better track.

Thanks, Sandy, I did find my DVD and have placed it beside the TV so I can find it come fall. You are going to be in the 240s in no time! I was 252 when I started my journey and you just won't believe how fast the numbers go down from here. You'll be styling a whole new wardrobe by summers end. Keep going, you are doing great!!
    Rose
    Old 05-01-2011, 03:18 PM

Hi all, Haven't been here for quite some time have been out of town and without a computer. Congrats to the winner I will be contacting you for your info.
    Missy even if I'm not on the board to visit I still think of you and pray for you. Don't weaken your sooo close to you goal.
    To all the rest I only lost a half pound this month so next month I will do better with all your help and encouragement. Lets all pull together for each other and together we can be the biggest lossers yet.
    Hugs to all.
    Gail