Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-01-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
    Hi all, Haven't been here for quite some time have been out of town and without a computer. Congrats to the winner I will be contacting you for your info.
    Missy even if I'm not on the board to visit I still think of you and pray for you. Don't weaken your sooo close to you goal.
    To all the rest I only lost a half pound this month so next month I will do better with all your help and encouragement. Lets all pull together for each other and together we can be the biggest lossers yet.
    Hugs to all.
    Gail
    Hi Gale, Just wanted to say hello and wish you a great weight loss month! Keep going!

Rose
    Old 05-01-2011, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
    Hi all, Haven't been here for quite some time have been out of town and without a computer. Congrats to the winner I will be contacting you for your info.
    Missy even if I'm not on the board to visit I still think of you and pray for you. Don't weaken your sooo close to you goal.
    To all the rest I only lost a half pound this month so next month I will do better with all your help and encouragement. Lets all pull together for each other and together we can be the biggest lossers yet.
    Hugs to all.
    Gail
    Thank you so much Gail! I just printed out a May calender (blank) to keep on the fridge so that each day that passes I can cross off the day to see how close I am getting to the surgery day. I am going to bump up my exercise routine starting tomorrow at the gym. Hopefully between the shakes and the exercise I will get to my goal sooner rather than later. I hope so at least!

Missy
    Old 05-01-2011, 03:43 PM

My goodness! Ya'll are doing great!

I'll have to think about tomorrow's menu, that's a really good tip.
    Planning always makes a day go better.

39. Cosy
    40. deedee75
    41. malindaann
    42. quilthappygail
    43. meanmom

I found a GREAT FREEBIE at JustKeepMoving.com. It is a Tylenol Arthritis sponsored site. Join and they GIVE you an elastic band and send a list of exercises that can be done in a chair to improve strength and mobility. I just got it and it's great.

Get your FREEBIE today!

Missy, I really hope you are best loser this month...how's that for incentive to finish the job right?
    Old 05-01-2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    My goodness! Ya'll are doing great!

I'll have to think about tomorrow's menu, that's a really good tip.
    Planning always makes a day go better.

39. Cosy
    40. deedee75
    41. malindaann
    42. quilthappygail

I found a GREAT FREEBIE at JustKeepMoving.com. It is a Tylenol Arthritis sponsored site. Join and they GIVE you an elastic band and send a list of exercises that can be done in a chair to improve strength and mobility. I just got it and it's great.

Get your FREEBIE today!

Missy, I really hope you are best loser this month...how's that for incentive to finish the job right?
    That would be a great incentive MJ! I just want to see those numbers fall down down down. I have been working so so hard for this. It will be such a joy to lay on that hospital bed and be wheeled to surgery! What a wonderful day that will be!!!

Missy
    Old 05-01-2011, 03:59 PM

I'm ready. I need some motivation.
    Old 05-01-2011, 04:25 PM

I just went to the JustKeepMoving website and it says the offer has expired. I have relatively new exercise bands. My old ones snapped while in use. Ouch!

Missy, you are working so hard you can win in 25 days. You won't need the whole month. What is the recovery time after surgery?

It sounds like we have a batch of dedicated weight losers this month. I'd better get more serious about this so I don't look like a slacker. Maybe I'll get out my bike. I haven't been on a real bike ride since I went over the handlebars almost two years ago. Promise not to laugh. I was biking with one of my dogs and a squirrel attacked. I hit the brakes too hard so the bike stopped suddenly and I didn't. It's not a good feeling to be in the air above the bike knowing you have to come down.

Welcome to all the newbies and welcome to the rest.
    Old 05-01-2011, 04:44 PM

OK I'm new on here-I want to get to know you ladies more --and-- I have 24 lbs to lose. So count me in! I'm gonna figure out that weight thingie that some of you have on the bottom of your posts too!
    Old 05-01-2011, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    I just went to the JustKeepMoving website and it says the offer has expired. I have relatively new exercise bands. My old ones snapped while in use. Ouch!

Missy, you are working so hard you can win in 25 days. You won't need the whole month. What is the recovery time after surgery?

It sounds like we have a batch of dedicated weight losers this month. I'd better get more serious about this so I don't look like a slacker. Maybe I'll get out my bike. I haven't been on a real bike ride since I went over the handlebars almost two years ago. Promise not to laugh. I was biking with one of my dogs and a squirrel attacked. I hit the brakes too hard so the bike stopped suddenly and I didn't. It's not a good feeling to be in the air above the bike knowing you have to come down.

Welcome to all the newbies and welcome to the rest.
    Recovery is very easy...maybe a week or so. Thank you so much for the encouragement!

Missy
    Old 05-01-2011, 04:52 PM

I just got home from the gym. I walked at twice the speed that I have walked at at my fastest AND I also walked for 10 minutes....that is twice as long as i have ever walked!! Woohoo!!!

Tomorrow I will be adding the weight circuit machines before I get on the treadmill. I think that bumping the exercise like this will do the trick to get me to my goal.

I am feeling so happy and so encouraged right now! Thank you everyone! Love y'all!!!

Missy
    Old 05-01-2011, 04:52 PM

I'm sorry that offer has expired. I apologize, I thought it was still available.

Welcome

44. pjemark