Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-03-2011, 09:34 AM
    Power Poster

Gee.so many of you alls story sounds like me. I posted my story a few days ago when I joined. so I will just say a little of it.I am 62 yrs young.love having fun even while working.I am also on disability due to open heart surgery (mechanical valve) and double by pass.I also am diabetic which was dscovered when I was 25 and thin.Most of my weight has been put on the last 15 yrs or so. due to heel and ankle spurs and heart slowing me down. Now I can't stay on my feet very long. I used to walk alot and I really miss it. I live way out in the country on our cattle farm.I was thinking I should bring my stable bike back in the house.(took it to shed to make room for family coming soon) Then I thought stupid me could walk out to the shed. It's only about 100 yds.Then I could walk and bike.Ta Da !! Some times I just amaze myself.lol.Well I am married to a stubborn but great guy for 33 yrs.We have 5 grown kids,16 grand-kids and 2 1/2 great grand kids. 2 dogs,a cat,chickens,cows and usually several animals from neighbors.Dark Chocolate is my weakness. I do eat the sugar free though.Everyone hang in there and together we will let the skinny girls out.lol. Mary
    Old 05-03-2011, 12:51 PM

Oh shoot! It is now 3:48Pm and I just now found this thread. I don't care if I win this month but I want to be counted in for May. I need lots of support and hope this is the place to find it. Will the thread always be May2011 Weight Loss Venture? Looking forward to this.
    Old 05-03-2011, 01:08 PM

Guess I should introduce myself too. I'm 65, married to a farmer who won't wear his dentures so I cook a lot of soft things. Well that is a lousy excuse for some of the things we often eat but it is true. Anyway I retired from nursing last year as those 12 hour shifts were killing my back. So I took up quilting and sitting instead of walking. I've had a weight problem for 20+ years and it is really inhibiting my activities now. I've tried Weight Watchers several times but it costs too much now days. I hope I can get support from this group and will check the thread every day. Looking forward to this.
    Old 05-03-2011, 01:19 PM

OK, here's my intro:
    I am 64, diabetic, retired OB nurse. I used to racewalk 6 miles daily, could eat anything I wanted & not gain an ounce. Now, I'm older, slower, arthritic, and overweight.
    I used a Nu-step recumbant bike 25 minutes yesterday, did water aerobics for 30 minutes, then blew it and ate candy last evening. AURGHHHH!
    Today's another day - back on track.
    Old 05-03-2011, 01:25 PM

Don't feel bad about the candy last night, I gave into an impulse this morning and had TWO Krispy Kreme donuts. But that's okay, cause I forgave myself and started doing good at lunch time--lean cuisine pannini and water, then had some almonds for a snack later on.

Dinner tonight will be a large salad, with pork tenderloin and a side of steamed vegies.
    Old 05-03-2011, 01:33 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
    Don't feel bad about the candy last night, I gave into an impulse this morning and had TWO Krispy Kreme donuts. But that's okay, cause I forgave myself and started doing good at lunch time--lean cuisine pannini and water, then had some almonds for a snack later on.

Dinner tonight will be a large salad, with pork tenderloin and a side of steamed vegies.
    This is exactly why I need all of you. For some incouragement when we slip.When we are doing perfect ,We just don't need it as much. But times like that with the candy.....Yep that's when we need to be pushed on to keep in line. One or two mess ups doesn't ruin the whole month. You still can lose . right ladies? Mary
    Old 05-03-2011, 01:36 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Fabricnut
    Oh shoot! It is now 3:48Pm and I just now found this thread. I don't care if I win this month but I want to be counted in for May. I need lots of support and hope this is the place to find it. Will the thread always be May2011 Weight Loss Venture? Looking forward to this.
    I am new to this.I started just a few days ago. Seems to me purplemem said you can join just can't be in on the fabric winning. So you could still jump in and keep track and help yourself and us to lose this month.Mary
    Old 05-03-2011, 01:45 PM

Well, I know the deadline was this morning but...

53. Fabricnut
    54. lauriejo

This time is the last...I was out for the day, so I couldn't check email. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. They asked so nicely I couldn't turn them down.

I've had a long active day. Now I am exhausted and out of breath. I have stayed with my food plan. I went to the grocery and bought healthy snacks, knowing I WILL eventually have to "graze".

If you struggle or fall, pick yourself back up. You didn't give up trying to learn to tie your shoes, did you? I bet every one of us can tie our shoes. Having healthy habits has to be learned and practiced. Let's get up and keep going!

Good job! It's not a setback until you let it be.

BY THE WAY, IF WE ARE HERE NEXT MONTH THE TOPIC WILL BE CALLED:

JUNE2011 WEIGHT LOSS VENTURE & PRIZE
    Old 05-03-2011, 01:48 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Well, I know the deadline was this morning but...

53. Fabricnut
    54. lauriejo

This time is the last...I was out for the day, so I couldn't check email. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. They asked so nicely I couldn't turn them down.

I've had a long active day. Now I am exhausted and out of breath. I have stayed with my food plan. I went to the grocery and bought healthy snacks, knowing I WILL eventually have to "graze".

If you struggle or fall, pick yourself back up. You didn't give up trying to learn to tie your shoes, did you? I bet every one of us can tie our shoes. Having healthy habits has to be learned and practiced. Let's get up and keep going!

Good job! It's not a setback until you let it be.

BY THE WAY, IF WE ARE HERE NEXT MONTH THE TOPIC WILL BE CALLED:

JUNE2010 WEIGHT LOSS VENTURE etc.
    So well put !!! Glad you let them in.Mary
    Old 05-03-2011, 01:52 PM

Really nice to meet you all. Welcome and lets do this together and have fun doing it. I did really well yesterday but today I won't make the 10,000 steps that I set as a goal to do each day. Just got up late this morning and can't seem to make up the time. Had oatmeal with cranberries 1 tsp brown sugar and 1% milk, coffee and 5 oz. OJ. Lunch was two tacos and water. Tonight will be egg drop soup and salad.
    Hugs to all, Gail