Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-03-2011, 04:32 PM

Mostly for MY benefit

May 1 starting weight 166.6#.

This reflects an almost 4# loss for April, which I started weighing 170.2.

Have a restful evening.
    Old 05-03-2011, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    I went to the doctor today and got some good news. All my diabetis tests have been in the normal range since I lost the 133#. He said if I could get the weight off I had gained back and maintain the loss that I shouldn't have any trouble with my diabetis again. All the more reason to stay with this thread for your help and support.
    Jeanne, what great news! I know you have to be pleased.
    Old 05-03-2011, 04:50 PM

Jeanne,
    You are living my dream. Congratulations!
    Old 05-03-2011, 05:22 PM

Jeanne, Congratulations! I know you will get back to your ideal weight and remain there. Messing around with insulin and medication is just not fun. I'm sure the good news has been a real inspiration to you as it is for many others. Keep goin'!!

Leann, My DD2 is leaving for college on the 11th of June. She will be living with her father. I'm not sure how that will go but for now that is the plan. I'll be on my own then after 29 years of parenting. It's kind of scary, don't know what I'll do with myself. It's a good thing I am focusing on my weight or living alone could easily do me in.

I am headed out for my second walk of the day, in a few minutes. I did really well the first half of the day but this evening was really bad. My DD2 decided to surprise me with a Mother's Day meal so I had Subway but ate my sandwich on wheat/no cheese/no oil. But then she gave me chips and a candy bar with it. I had to eat it because she was so pleased with herself. I'll tell her tomorrow that I am going back on my diet. She also gave me a Gerbera Daisy plant for my garden and a Happy Mother's Day helium balloon. She is such a sweet girl!

I'll be back in while to put up tomorrows menu. Sorry about today's being MIA. I had to help butcher hogs yesterday and I was just too tired to stay up any later to post it.

Rose
    Old 05-03-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rose L
    Leann, My DD2 is leaving for college on the 11th of June. She will be living with her father. I'm not sure how that will go but for now that is the plan. I'll be on my own then after 29 years of parenting. It's kind of scary, don't know what I'll do with myself. It's a good thing I am focusing on my weight or living alone could easily do me in.
    I went through that 14 years ago when my sons left for college. (They are twins and went to the same college.) Both of them came home from the hospital at the same time and it seemed like I snapped my fingers and they were going out the door to college. Someone once told me that we prepare our children to leave but we don't prepare ourselves for them to leave. It was very true for me, and although I was busy with working full-time, going to graduate school, and a social life, I still had a difficult time. It took me awhile, but I finally adjusted and we still have a very good relationship.
    Old 05-03-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
    Missy was the third one, she was on so seldom last month I really wasn't sure if we would hear from her this month. I am glad she is back.
    Yes yes yes. I have been accused of being a ring leader. It's all true! LOL!!!

I promise you will be hearing from me like crazy!!

My very special girlfriend is coming to be with me for a week or so. She will be here Saturday. I can hardly wait!! Gosh she makes me incredibly happy!! Soo love her. Love is surely in bloom in my house.

Here is a picture of me so you know what I look like.

Missy (who has only 23 days to surgery!)
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-192551.jpe  
    Old 05-03-2011, 06:20 PM

wow so many posts I can't remember who all I was going to reply to so I will just say good job to everyone! I really like getting to know a little about everyone on here it makes it alot more personal.

I have been toying with the idea of doing a weight loss quilt ever since I read about it on the thread here on the board. Well I didn't lose any weight the first 2 months that I was here so I forgot all about it until recently. lol Anyways you make a block for every pound you lose and eventually you end up skinny and have a quilt to show for it.:) I have been trying to come up with a block or blocks that I want to do with out any success. I have alot to lose so they have to be small blocks. Well today I came up with a plan. I LOVE Kansas troubles fabric and I have alot of left over scraps of it from other projects. I have been wanting to improve my applique skills. And one of the things I am trying to do in addition to losing weight is to learn to take care of myself and stop putting everyone else befor my needs or in other words love myself more. So I came up with making a scrappy quilt with 4 1/2 inch blocks with a heart appliqued on each block. One for every pound I lose. I will improve my applique skills, use up some of my stash,and each heart will stand for each pound I lose. Also I figure each pound I lose is love I give myself so I can be healthier and hopefully be around a long time for my daughters and husband. So the heart would represent that. And since I have so much to lose I should be an awsome appliquer by the time I am done! lol And since Kansas troubles is my favorite fabric the quilt will be all mine. Kind of corny I know but I don't plan on giving up on losing this weight and I think it would be good to be able to stand back and see just how many pounds I have been lugging around for so many years and where I don't want to end up going back to. I have lost 26 pounds so far, so that will give me plenty of blocks to start on. Just thought I would share my plan and applique is portable so it will give me something to with my hands instead of sticking them in the cookie jar! :shock:
    Old 05-03-2011, 07:53 PM

Missy you are beautiful and you are wearing my favorit color purple. I am pulling for you girlfriend.
    Old 05-03-2011, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    I went to the doctor today and got some good news. All my diabetis tests have been in the normal range since I lost the 133#. He said if I could get the weight off I had gained back and maintain the loss that I shouldn't have any trouble with my diabetis again. All the more reason to stay with this thread for your help and support.
    That's terrific! :thumbup: Keep up the great work! :D
    Old 05-03-2011, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    wow so many posts I can't remember who all I was going to reply to so I will just say good job to everyone! I really like getting to know a little about everyone on here it makes it alot more personal.

I have been toying with the idea of doing a weight loss quilt ever since I read about it on the thread here on the board. Well I didn't lose any weight the first 2 months that I was here so I forgot all about it until recently. lol Anyways you make a block for every pound you lose and eventually you end up skinny and have a quilt to show for it.:) I have been trying to come up with a block or blocks that I want to do with out any success. I have alot to lose so they have to be small blocks. Well today I came up with a plan. I LOVE Kansas troubles fabric and I have alot of left over scraps of it from other projects. I have been wanting to improve my applique skills. And one of the things I am trying to do in addition to losing weight is to learn to take care of myself and stop putting everyone else befor my needs or in other words love myself more. So I came up with making a scrappy quilt with 4 1/2 inch blocks with a heart appliqued on each block. One for every pound I lose. I will improve my applique skills, use up some of my stash,and each heart will stand for each pound I lose. Also I figure each pound I lose is love I give myself so I can be healthier and hopefully be around a long time for my daughters and husband. So the heart would represent that. And since I have so much to lose I should be an awsome appliquer by the time I am done! lol And since Kansas troubles is my favorite fabric the quilt will be all mine. Kind of corny I know but I don't plan on giving up on losing this weight and I think it would be good to be able to stand back and see just how many pounds I have been lugging around for so many years and where I don't want to end up going back to. I have lost 26 pounds so far, so that will give me plenty of blocks to start on. Just thought I would share my plan and applique is portable so it will give me something to with my hands instead of sticking them in the cookie jar! :shock:
    What an inspiring story you're sharing here! I just love your plan for your heart appliqued blocks, too! Kansas Troubles fabrics are also my all time favorite fabrics! Fancy that. :lol: I don't think your idea is corny at all, and you'll have one gorgeous quilt when you're done, too! Hope you'll consider posting some pics along the way of your heart quilt blocks, I'd love to see them.

You better get started, you're already 26 blocks behind!! :lol: