Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-06-2011, 01:51 AM

Well I did better today.Ate a little more so felt better.It was 100 degrees here already today and high dew points.Wore a towel most of the day.Whew!Summer's here.Yuk!Anyway,I hope to stay on track.I got to go to the dr the 16th,and he won't be pleased with that 15 lb gain.Of course by then,I should have some of it off.I felt bloated today,so didn't weigh.Hope I haven't gained.I'll weigh in a couple of days when I'm over the bloat.Good luck to all.
    Old 05-06-2011, 02:03 AM

I just noticed the add at the top of this page has " Get sirloin and 2 crab cakes with side dish $12.99" And of course a nice big juicy picture of it.Darn,that just wasn't right.I could eat a cow bout now.(symbolic of course) How do they know what we're talking about?
    Old 05-06-2011, 02:53 AM

You'll make down below 160 you're doing really great. Just wanted to thank you for the tip of Myfitnespal.com. I joined the site and it's wonderful to keep track of weight loss, food etc. Thanks again and hang in there!
    Originally Posted by purplemem
    Everyone is doing so well~!

I had a good day, too. I am down to almost taking off the medicine weight. I weigh 263.4. That's fantastic!

I want so badly to be under 260. Maybe soon!
    Old 05-06-2011, 05:06 AM

where's all the rest of the new people? come out and play. i blew it last nite. awful. well, today is a new day. my goal today. eat sensably, drink water, and move more.

the quilt in my new avatar pic was made according to ditter's 1/2 sq method. thanks ditter. i heard she just had a birthday. happy birthday ditter. is that spelled right?
    Old 05-06-2011, 05:11 AM

Good Morning Gang!

Yesterday I went on my power walk in the morning. (fyi...power walks when the farmers are fertilizing is like walking through a 3 mile cowpie!) then dropped my car of to be serviced and rode along with my sis while she made sales calls. She dropped me off to shop (at Joanns, of course) while she had a meeting. I finished my shopping well before she was set to come back and get me, so I spent the next 35 mins making laps around the parking lot. Did the same later while waiting for my car to be finished. So all in all, I probably walked about 6 miles for the day. I considered buying a pedometer, but they never seem to really work for me.
    The only downside is that anytime I'm out with Sis, she wants to go out to eat. We went to an Indian buffet and I feel like I did really good there. Just had some curry, chickpeas and veggies. I only took one bite of the dessert. Managed to make it the entire day without having a soda or jellybeans (my adddiction) even when I have a bag in my car!
    Well, off to throw some laundry in and then head out for my walk. Weather looks surprisingly good outside!
    Old 05-06-2011, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by deedee75
    Good Morning Gang!

Yesterday I went on my power walk in the morning. (fyi...power walks when the farmers are fertilizing is like walking through a 3 mile cowpie!) then dropped my car of to be serviced and rode along with my sis while she made sales calls. She dropped me off to shop (at Joanns, of course) while she had a meeting. I finished my shopping well before she was set to come back and get me, so I spent the next 35 mins making laps around the parking lot. Did the same later while waiting for my car to be finished. So all in all, I probably walked about 6 miles for the day. I considered buying a pedometer, but they never seem to really work for me.
    The only downside is that anytime I'm out with Sis, she wants to go out to eat. We went to an Indian buffet and I feel like I did really good there. Just had some curry, chickpeas and veggies. I only took one bite of the dessert. Managed to make it the entire day without having a soda or jellybeans (my adddiction) even when I have a bag in my car!
    Well, off to throw some laundry in and then head out for my walk. Weather looks surprisingly good outside!
    I SO love Indian food! That is one thing I am going to have after my surgery. As I drink my shakes this morning I am going to imagine that the milk chocolate taste is really curry chicken and chapati bread...MMMMM! *curried chicken curried chicken* Oh well. It still taste like chocolate darn it. *sigh*

Missy who has 480 hours until surgery (but who's counting right?)
    Old 05-06-2011, 07:04 AM
    Power Poster

Finally nice weather here. Cant wait to get out and walk around the neighborhood. Fish for lunch.
    Old 05-06-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by zennia
    Finally nice weather here. Cant wait to get out and walk around the neighborhood. Fish for lunch.
    It is gorgeous here today! My girlfriend is coming here today --- should be here in about two hours --- and I will be spending this glorious week with her! Sooo excited! I so love her! :)

I have had one shake and will be having another in a few minutes. Then after she gets here I will have two more. Then 2 at dinner and one before bed.

Tonight is poker night at our house and while mom and dad and friends are playing I think me and Cathie will go downstairs to our media room to watch DVDs. It will be a relaxing evening for sure.

Tomorrow after they deliver my morning meds I will be taking Cathie to see Mount Rushmore (it is about 10 miles from our house).

So, this weekend I will be very active walking and enjoying the gorgeous weather.

What kind of plans do y'all have that will get you moving? What kind of safe guards to you have in place for making good food choices?

Sorry for writing a novel. I am just so excited about my beloved coming to see me. :)

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-193695.jpe  
    Old 05-06-2011, 11:11 AM

Good day so far diet wise. Not so good day relationship with my mother wise. Long story, but to make it quick I finally told her off for throwing me under the bus with my brother. And afterwards I didn't go get something to eat. Good for me.
    Old 05-06-2011, 11:11 AM

Good day so far diet wise. Not so good day relationship with my mother wise. Long story, but to make it quick I finally told her off for throwing me under the bus with my brother. And afterwards I didn't go get something to eat. Good for me.