Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-06-2011, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
    Good day so far diet wise. Not so good day relationship with my mother wise. Long story, but to make it quick I finally told her off for throwing me under the bus with my brother. And afterwards I didn't go get something to eat. Good for me.
    I am sorry to hear about your spat with your mom. I am proud of you for not going to food to soothe your ache. That is a huge thing!

Missy
    Old 05-06-2011, 12:33 PM

Thanks for letting me chime in girls (I haven't seen any guys posting, are there any?)

I have about 25 lbs to lose- probably twice more than that if I go by WW & medical charts, but that is my goal for now. I have had success with WW in the past, but the meetings seemed so much the same after awhile...they did keep me accountable though which is what I hope to gain here!

My food choices have been good- maybe not perfect, but good- the last week & I am thinking about counting calories with FitDay or something I can program into my phone. I just did 2 miles on the treadmill so my exercize is in for the day. I love being able to watch recorded shows when I walk- just caught up on Grey's Anatomy.

Weekends are my hardest time food wise! Everyone sounds like they are doing well- thanks for the encouragement!
    Old 05-06-2011, 01:19 PM

Good day to you all...
    Have been on my 2 1/2 mile walk today and the scale is down a 1/2 lb. this morning. I went out for lunch to Wendy's with DH I had 5 chicken nuggets and pulled of what breading I could and drank a diet coke Not the best lunch for me but I could have done worse. Tonight is grilled shrimp and salad so that will be better. I stopped at the market and picked up sugar free popsicles for dessert. Now off to quilt for an hour if DH does't find something for us to do.
    I'll try to check in later this evening to see how you all have done.
    Hugs,
    Gail
    Old 05-06-2011, 02:32 PM
    Power Poster

Gail thanks for the congrats.Don't sound to me like you blew it.Wendy's can be a real mess when watching your fat and calories Etc. Sounds like everyone is working really hard.Missy enjoy your evening relaxing with your friend.Sounds like "2 hearts beating as 1".How exciting for you.Love the picture you posted of the hand holding.Gail the grilled shrimp sounds good. Think I'll grill outside. Maybe some chicken. I have some asparagus left.Maybe a spoonful of Rice and veggies.I had a salad for lunch and a whole grain bagel for breakfast. I made some orange sugar free jello for desert.maybe a 1/2 banana with it. It's really pretty today. in the low 70's and sunny. not much wind for a change. I think summer may be finally gonna start here in mo.Have a great evening everybody. Mary
    Old 05-06-2011, 02:46 PM

Hi everybody, Todays gone pretty well food wise. I went to 1 hour of water aerobics for my exercise. Weekends are hard for me to. I have tommorow all planned out but Sunday is a real bear for me to get through.I have to stay out of the snacks at church which is difficult because I'm in the kitchen the whole time. I think I'll plan on checking in here before I go and report back when I get home. That way I'll feel like you are there supporting me all morning.
    Old 05-06-2011, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    Hi everybody, Todays gone pretty well food wise. I went to 1 hour of water aerobics for my exercise. Weekends are hard for me to. I have tommorow all planned out but Sunday is a real bear for me to get through.I have to stay out of the snacks at church which is difficult because I'm in the kitchen the whole time. I think I'll plan on checking in here before I go and report back when I get home. That way I'll feel like you are there supporting me all morning.
    Jeanne, on Sunday morning put a piece of gum in your mouth before you leave for the kitchen duty. Chewing gum will help keep other stuff at bay, and will give you a "sweet" satisfaction.
    Old 05-06-2011, 02:53 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by JHolm
    Maybe you can take something to eat that won't mess up the weight loss. I bought a watermelon yesterday. I cut it up into cubes today to snack on.It sure is a sweet one. Maybe something like that or some string cheese and veggies.Good luck. Mary
    Old 05-06-2011, 02:59 PM

Hello everyone. DH has business in Jacksonville, FL Monday so he is dropping me off at my Mom's tomorrow in South GA. I will spend tomorrow and Sunday night with her. When his business is over Monday, he will pick me back up and we will head back home to AL. I look forward to spending time with Mama, my 3 sisters, one of my daughters, my son and 4 of my precious grandkids. As you all know, it's hard to stay on track with weight loss when going to your Mom's. Well, all my family knows I'm watching my weight and they are happy for the 23 lbs I've lost so far. So, our menu for the weekend will all be healthy meals. I've told Mama NO JUNK food. I am taking bananas and fiber bars to snack on in the car, as well as my water bottle. I plan to weigh tomorrow morning before leaving. That will give me more of an incentive to stay on track also. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and an easy time of making healthy food choices. Gail, your grilled shrimp sounds good. Now I want some.... Happy Mothers Day to all your mothers. Hugs, Sandy
    Old 05-06-2011, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
    Good day so far diet wise. Not so good day relationship with my mother wise. Long story, but to make it quick I finally told her off for throwing me under the bus with my brother. And afterwards I didn't go get something to eat. Good for me.
    That's good.Sometimes releasing the pressure cooker helps.Now you can continue on with the business of losing your weight.I'm proud of you not eating and giving in to 'it'.'IT' is just a word.And 'IT' can be used to spur you on.Sometimes I know it hurts like heck,but you just continue on and don't look back.you are headed down the right road of a new beginning and a new you.Every pound is a pound less and a pound to your goal.When I started,I looked at 250 lbs,and thought,oh no,I can't do it.But I chose to do it in small increments.Like,in stead of thinking,I got 125 lbs to lose,I said,If I can just get 5 pounds off,and keep it off,I'd be happy.So I do 5 lbs at a time.90 lbs later,here I am.3 1/2 yrs to do it,but that's ok too.I did want to keep it off.I gained 15 lbs back,but it isn't going to stop me.I still have done great.And you can do it too,if I can.My doctor said he was proud of me,and also said "you did it without surgery,pills,or even dieting".I changed my eating habits.Portion control was the key.I can't exercise,can eat what I want (within reason) healthy things, just smaller portions.And it's worked.So,I'm very proud of you.We have to love our mothers,but we don't neccessarily have to like them,or the things they do.Sometimes our family,mothers can be cruel to us.And I don't know why.But I figure they must be insecure themselves,or they wouldn't treat us that way.They must have had something in their background that made them this way.Or maybe they just don't know how to be a mother.Or maybe,some are just mean.A mother protects their children,loves and defends them.But some eat them and spit them out.You and your brother just ban together,and be a family,and just forgive your mother because she's her own worst enemy.Alienating her kids is a selfish thing to do.And is her loss.How sad.Today is a new day.You focus on your weight so your family can have you around to be a great mother and grandmother to their children.And don't let food be your therapy again.Use this to your advantage and make you even more determined to lose the weight.You already are doing it,by doing it.That shows you are in control of these emotions,so very well done.I know everybody else is proud of you too on here.We need these success stories.It helps others.Good luck,(you already got it).But we're all sending you more anyway.We can never have too much.Your mo-jo is turned on!So,you go girl!
    Old 05-06-2011, 04:27 PM

Thanks for the encouragement and advice