Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-06-2011, 04:28 PM

Well,good news.I got on the scales and I'm down to 170 lbs.A 5 lb loss since beginning.I was surprised by that too.But happy.Yea!
    Old 05-06-2011, 08:02 PM

Great news. Good for you.
    Old 05-06-2011, 08:40 PM

Thank you,now if I could just get my darn water pump to stay on,so I could do laundry,I'd be more happy.Rural living.
    Old 05-06-2011, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
    Well,good news.I got on the scales and I'm down to 170 lbs.A 5 lb loss since beginning.I was surprised by that too.But happy.Yea!
    That is great. You have made a big step on the road to health. Keep on going. We are pulling for you.
    Hugs
    Gail
    Old 05-06-2011, 10:56 PM

scapngmom You did the right thing telling your mom how you feel. My mom had a mean streak and bad temper and could say things that made you cry. I grew up thinking that is what moms do until i married and my DH mom showed me what a loving person a mother can be. Dosen't mean I didn't love my mom but I was so lucky to have my mother in law in my life. So chin up and know we are saying a prayer for your mom and you.
    Hugs
    Gail
    Old 05-06-2011, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
    Originally Posted by Xylie55
    That is great. You have made a big step on the road to health. Keep on going. We are pulling for you.
    Hugs
    Gail
    Thank you.It's not easy,but can be done.I'm like a lot on here.We can lose weight,but keeping it off is the key.That's why I been doing it 3 1/2 yrs.Am down and don't want to go back, ever.So,what ever it takes to keep it off,that's what I need to do.And am glad you found a 'mother'.They are our backbone's,but don't define us.My mother had a mean streak too.But I thank god,none of us kids were like her in that way.As we had a wonderful grandmother whom showed us,what a mother was supose to be like.Good luck to you too.And yes,we'll pray for them both.
    Old 05-07-2011, 04:32 AM

Good Morning All!

I'm skipping my walk this morning as I'm heading out to another town-wide yard sale. If they are good, I'll end up walking more than my regular walk. If not, I'll go for my walk when I get back.

All this mother talk is making me want to call my Mom, but she won't be home until tomorrow. (wonder if my siblings will call her? *crosses fingers*)
    Old 05-07-2011, 06:34 AM

Good Morning all......keep up the weight loss.

Got on the scale this morning I am down another lb. that makes a total so far this month 3 lbs. since last month now a total of 12 lbs.

Every day is a challange to keep going, deciding to eat the right food, doing some kind of excercising and staying motivated. I am grateful to have found this group of ladies and gents if there are any. Thank you for sharing your stories to keep us encouraged and motivated.

Several of you ladies have been an inspiration, MJ, Missy, NannySandy and several others I cant think of your name. Some have shared your disabilities and how you keep going doing whatever it takes to get some exercising in. I am lazy in nature and use that as an excuse not to do any excercising at all except the walking I get when I am at work, running around the hospital for 12 hrs a day. I will excerising in some way everyday not matter what.

I am having to eat healthier due to the diabeties and want to see my future grandchildren. I see too many who have health problems for not taking care of themselves and I pray everyday that I dont end up like them.

I am thankful and fustrated at times with my mom. When I got divorced, mom was there for me to help out. Then she got sick and with me being single and kids out of the house. I moved in to help them out. We have since converted their garage into an apartment for me so I have my privacy. I am glad we are able to help each other out. If I dont set boundries with her she will plan my everyday I am off work. I just have to remind her that I have to have my time. She and I quilt together and do embroidery together. I find she seems to wait for me to do any sewing, so I am praying that she will start doing some on her own.

Have a blessed day and a wonderful Mother's day weekend.
    Old 05-07-2011, 08:21 AM
    Power Poster

I'm so proud of you that have lost weight. I am proud of you that have at least tried to lose. Now about Mom's. This breaks my heart to hear that some mom's have been so mean to their kids. I was soo close to my mom (passed on 32 yrs ago)I am sooo very close to my kids.and grandkids and their kids. I just have a ball with all of them. That's why I had kids was to enjoy them. There have been alot of rough times too.But most of the time we all laugh and tease each other. My family loves to come to my house. Even the teenagers. I just can't see it any other way. I'm so sorry some of you have missed that special love and sharing with your mom's. Happy mother's day to all of you and treat your kids with love and hug and kiss them everytime you see them like it is for the last time.You just never know if it is. Now that's enough preaching.lol. Today is a beautiful new day with sunshine and gonna be near 80*. I plan on doing several odd jobs I been putting off. I'm still at 2lb loss for the month. But feeling good about it. I'll check in later .Have a great day everyone. Mary ps Missy how did your evening go with your very special friend.
    Old 05-07-2011, 12:24 PM

xlie 55--How rural is rural. We live about 5 miles out of town on three acres. Don't get fast internet, tv or anything. So we have slow dial up and satellite tv. Can't just run to the store if we run out of anything, so have to make sure my pantry is fully stocked. Is that how it is for you? Also, no neighbors close by. Can go outside in my undies if I want.

Onto weight loss: Today I have been good. Just a scrambled egg and freshly squozen grapefruit juice with a little splenda. I know it is better to eat the grapefruit than juice it, butI don't like grapefruit, but love ice cold grapefruit juice -- go figure. DH and I are headed to town for groceries and will share a subway sandwich for lunch. (No cheese or mayo) 5 years ago when I was on weight watchers I ate at subway every day for lunch and lost 30 lbs. So, yes, Jared, I was on the subway diet also.

Did some weeding in the grove and also walked down the lane to the mail box instead of getting into the car and driving. Baby steps, but more than what I used to do.