Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-10-2011, 10:31 AM

So far so good today. Went in for my routine mamogram this morning then met my friend for a walk. We walked for over an hour at a pretty good clip- I would say a few miles at least. We walk twice a week & I do the treadmill twice a week too. Yesterday I did 1.25 miles on the treadmill. I should have done more, but I didn't get off of the computer in time! I am going to weigh myself tomorrow & hope for the best! Have a good day everyone!
    Old 05-10-2011, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Hey guys! I am sorry I haven't posted much this week. My girlfriend arrived here on Friday and we have been having a FABULOUS time with my family.

All is going great here. Just doing the same ole same ole. I will post more soon and just know that I am thinking of you!!

Missy who has only 17 days to surgery...
    That's good Missy,I'm getting excited for you.It's almost like we're all getting one.I think because we're all happy for you.Surgery is a life changing event.I wished I could of had it,but my insurance wouldn't pay for it.And I just got tired of being fat and getting bigger,so that's when I changed my eating habits.And did portion control.It's worked.So,I am excited for you.Good luck.
    Old 05-10-2011, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
    Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Hey guys! I am sorry I haven't posted much this week. My girlfriend arrived here on Friday and we have been having a FABULOUS time with my family.

All is going great here. Just doing the same ole same ole. I will post more soon and just know that I am thinking of you!!

Missy who has only 17 days to surgery...
    That's good Missy,I'm getting excited for you.It's almost like we're all getting one.I think because we're all happy for you.Surgery is a life changing event.I wished I could of had it,but my insurance wouldn't pay for it.And I just got tired of being fat and getting bigger,so that's when I changed my eating habits.And did portion control.It's worked.So,I am excited for you.Good luck.
    Oh thank you so so much!! I am getting excited too! I am still nervous about those last couple of pounds and scared I won't lose them. I am going to go weigh in on Thursday so we shall see what I weigh then. Nervous is the word of the day! :shock:
    Old 05-10-2011, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Leann
    Hello everyone. I've had limited online time lately, but have stayed on program. On Thursday, we can add 2 half-cup starchy carbs. I am tired of cooking 3x every day. How I long to be able to open a can of soup for dinner. Or have a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

I signed up for my first swap - oh why did I do that? I need a keeper.
    I told my sister about the diet.She's lost 1 pound already.And is excited.That's the problem of being on a regimine,it does get monotoneous (sp) after awhile.But there is a pay day at the end,so worth it.And I think that's why many fail at losing weight,They just don't have the fortitude to stick with it.So,hang in there we're very proud of you for sticking with it.Good job.
    Old 05-10-2011, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Maggiemay- I weight about twice a week sometimes just once. If I weigh more than that seems like my weight is up and down and I get discouraged. Sometimes your weight is up a lb or 2 cause you ate something that made you hold more water. Or maybe ya just haven't pooped yet. (technical term) lol.Boy was it hot hre again.89* too early to be so hot.One thing about the heat I don't eat much heavy food. good luck everybody. Mary
    I weigh 2 X a week too.And I know what you mean about the pooping.I need help in that dept,as my meds are very constipating.Or I wouldn't go but every 3 to 4 days on my own.But go every day with help.It's 100 degrees here already.Not even ready for summer.I go up and down too.That's normal,especially if I eat high sodium food,it retains up to 10 lbs of water I swear.
    Old 05-10-2011, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Good morning, all! Thank you for missing me...I have had a very busy weekend reading and writing for a friend. I haven't done academic research and papers for 10 years or so, it is really challenging my brain!

As far as the weight loss and exercise- I DID exercise 3 times last week and stayed on my program. Because of whatever reason, my CHF is kicking my butt and my allergy to cottonwood is in full bloom. Makes it very hard to breathe and I have at least 10 pounds of fluid in my chest. It'll get better but I want to show a Loss!

Thought for today:
    Remember your goal is to get healthier, not to show off the number on your scale. If we are truly trying to change our health prognosis, the numbers on the scale are just a symptom of our unhealthiness. Focus today on the goal of healthy, allow yourself the time to visualize yourself in better health. Think of yourself doing one different thing today to make that happen.
    WHAT SMALL CHANGE WILL YOU DO TODAY THAT WILL MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN YOUR FUTURE?

For me, I'm going to do 5 jumping jacks every hour that I read and research. This will stimulate my heart while I stimulate my mind. The long-term difference will be a stronger cardio-vascular system.

Have a special day!
    Wow,I'm so sorry you have those ugly allergies.It's hard enough for you to breath without having allergies sounds like.And 10 pounds of fluid on your chest?My neighbor just had that and she was in the hospital and then a re-hab facility for 3 1/2 weeks.Just got home day before yesterday.So,please keep an eye on that.Sometimes, that could be polmanary heart disease.They drained her fluid off.Sometimes,they give her water pills.She's a good ole gal too.I know what you mean about the scales.I hate scales myself,but need them for a gauge.Everybody is doing great on their diets,some losing more,some not as much.We're not all cookie cutters,and our metabolism's aren't the same.I've reved up my metabolism because I can't exercise in the shape I'm in.And really,I didn't see where anybody was showing off as we don't all lose at the same rate.I generally lose slowly,but there is a prize at the end this month.That has motivated me.So,this is a different this month for me.I have to work extra hard.Plus I got to go to the dr. the 17th,and I'd hate to go in with a 15 lb gain.As I've inspired the girls there,and they are watching me,and asking questions how I did it.So just don't want to let them down.I'm sure once you get the water off,you'll see a significant drop in weight.10 lbs of water is a lot.So please see if they can help you to get it off too.And I give you coo do's for even doing jumping jacks.I can't do them at all,nor would I even try.I'd kill myself or fall down and break something.So,good job.
    Old 05-10-2011, 03:49 PM

Hello to all my beautiful friends! I've been on my feet all day long and it is past time for pain meds. I was up all night with my knees anyway.

Dunno if I mentioned that DH no longer needs to take blood pressure meds since we are on the 17 day diet? Within a week, he quit taking them and his bp is 117/77 most days without help. Once he used too much soy sauce for stir fry and it shot up; we know he is very salt sensitive.

Saturday I had my cholesterol levels checked. Last August, it was 247, ldl 148. My doc said treatment is recommended when ldl levels are 135. Dunno why she did not treat me then.

My new numbers - cholesterol 199 - ldl 116. Great motivation to continue eating this way.

I'll never be able to EAT again.

(just kidding)
    Old 05-10-2011, 03:55 PM

Good afternoon everyone! sounds like everyone is doing good. MJ sorry to hear about the fluid on your lungs again, be careful with that. I have been fighting with the same 3 pounds since the 1st part of the month, up a pound down a pound, up a half down a pound. I have not been eating perfect either so that is probably why. I had a great Mother's Day but my youngest daughter and her bf surprised my Mothers day morning with a shaken iced tea lemonaide(Starbucks!) and ......you guessed it....DONUTS!!! I ate just one and nothing else for breakfast but the tea which had sugar in it also, skipped lunch and had dinner.I had already planned to make steak, potatoe salad, deviled eggs and lemon dessert for dinner which I already knew would push my limits for the day. I kept my portions small and hoped for the best. I didn't want to disapoint my daughter so hopefully I will start losing again. I weigh every day also, it is amazing how much what you see on the scale influences your mood for the day. Does anyone else ever step off and on the scales a few times trying to talk the scales into having a different opinion on what you weigh?....I know I do!
    Hang in there Missy you are almost there! Then we can have a block party!!!.......OH! I forgot I still have a FQ to send to Sandy!
    Old 05-10-2011, 04:12 PM

Had a setback. Went to the dr yesterday for my annual physical. I gained 4 lbs since last Sunday. I do not know how that came to be. We have been eating healthy. My blood work came back and my thyroid is out of whack and cholesterol is too high. So it is back on the thyroid medicine. Dr states that this will help the lipids and weight. I sure hope so!

I am very happy to read that everyone is doing great. I love the support this group gives as well as all of the helpful tips.
    Old 05-10-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    Good afternoon everyone! sounds like everyone is doing good. MJ sorry to hear about the fluid on your lungs again, be careful with that. I have been fighting with the same 3 pounds since the 1st part of the month, up a pound down a pound, up a half down a pound. I have not been eating perfect either so that is probably why. I had a great Mother's Day but my youngest daughter and her bf surprised my Mothers day morning with a shaken iced tea lemonaide(Starbucks!) and ......you guessed it....DONUTS!!! I ate just one and nothing else for breakfast but the tea which had sugar in it also, skipped lunch and had dinner.I had already planned to make steak, potatoe salad, deviled eggs and lemon dessert for dinner which I already knew would push my limits for the day. I kept my portions small and hoped for the best. I didn't want to disapoint my daughter so hopefully I will start losing again. I weigh every day also, it is amazing how much what you see on the scale influences your mood for the day. Does anyone else ever step off and on the scales a few times trying to talk the scales into having a different opinion on what you weigh?....I know I do!
    Hang in there Missy you are almost there! Then we can have a block party!!!.......OH! I forgot I still have a FQ to send to Sandy!
    Did someone say PARTY? Hehehe...After dinner Cathie (girlfriend) and I are off to the gym. Oh fun fun fun.

I hope everyone has a great evening!

Missy