Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-11-2011, 02:57 PM

Well, off to wash the new fabric I bought today for the bargello I am trying to begin.

Have a great evening.[/quote]

Keep us updated on the progress of your Bargello PLEASE.
    I have the pattern and it is next on my list to do but I am a little intimadated. :-)

I am wiped today!
    I have been doing zumba with some girlfriends and I LOVE it! it makes you sweat like crazy but doesnt make you want to die halfway through it!
    BUT I thought since it is such a pleasent workout I would kick it up a knotch and try Jillian micheals (from biggest loser) 30 day shred video as well! WRONG
    I would pay someone to never have to do that again!! I have muscles in my legs crying out in pain, muscles I never knew existed! I wanted to cry last night trying to put my pajamas on.
    so today i am keeping my food diary and just relaxing. (but lets face it I WILL face the aweful video tomorrow because I need it and it works) :D
    You all are soo lucky I did'nt get into this weigh in for may because I am ALL in this month :thumbup:
    good luck ladies
    Old 05-11-2011, 03:22 PM

I missed that about eating within an hour of getting up. I just could not do that. I do eat breakfast but not until about 9 or 10 and I usually get up at 6. Once in a while I sleep until 7 but not past that. Why do they say to eat within an hour of getting up???
    Old 05-11-2011, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by GrandmK
    I missed that about eating within an hour of getting up. I just could not do that. I do eat breakfast but not until about 9 or 10 and I usually get up at 6. Once in a while I sleep until 7 but not past that. Why do they say to eat within an hour of getting up???
    I'm not sure! But I read it somewhere on this thread- I can't remember who said that is what they do.....I could go back & look, but that sounds like too much work!
    Old 05-11-2011, 05:49 PM
    Power Poster

Will everyone send a extra good thought out for Missy as she goes to Dr. tomorrow. Mary
    Old 05-11-2011, 06:25 PM

Good evening, all. No dog walking today. We are being washed away. I'll walk in the rain, but not the lightning we've had today nor in the hail. I allow myself one day a week off. I think this is it.

Yesterday when we leaving to go walking, Lily (Siberian/Shiba Ina) was yodeling loudly about something - not her usual excited one. Moira (Border Collie/Lab) left the room and came back with my back brace. I had forgotten to put it on. I'm fortunate to have Cheech and Chong to take care of me. I have a prescription for an ESA - an emotional support dog, but I'd be hard to put to say which one it is. Lily is a good caretaker, but bouncy Moira makes me smile.

My weight - plateauing - I keep losing the same two pounds and then they slide back on. At least I've been running two pounds a month really gone. Slow and steady wins the race.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.
    Old 05-11-2011, 06:59 PM

My weight - plateauing - I keep losing the same two pounds and then they slide back on.

Irish, that is exactly what is going on with me! It's been like that since the first of the month. It is very discouraging! :evil:
    Old 05-12-2011, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Originally Posted by Xylie55
    Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Hey guys! I am sorry I haven't posted much this week. My girlfriend arrived here on Friday and we have been having a FABULOUS time with my family.

All is going great here. Just doing the same ole same ole. I will post more soon and just know that I am thinking of you!!

Missy who has only 17 days to surgery...
    That's good Missy,I'm getting excited for you.It's almost like we're all getting one.I think because we're all happy for you.Surgery is a life changing event.I wished I could of had it,but my insurance wouldn't pay for it.And I just got tired of being fat and getting bigger,so that's when I changed my eating habits.And did portion control.It's worked.So,I am excited for you.Good luck.
    Oh thank you so so much!! I am getting excited too! I am still nervous about those last couple of pounds and scared I won't lose them. I am going to go weigh in on Thursday so we shall see what I weigh then. Nervous is the word of the day! :shock:
    Oh,I've no doubt,you'll get it off,throw some hot peppers in your food. or salsa.The spicy REALLY does rev up the metabolism.I'm doing that,and I imediatly start a good sweat.I read up on "foods that burn fat,and help lose weight" and boy,does it work.You feel the heat from with in before you finish eating.Your sweating bullets.I just got the red peppers like they have a pizza places/and just sprinkle it on my food,or salads.And it don't take a lot,just a sprinkle.I know not everybody can do hot foods,but I love it.
    Old 05-12-2011, 02:27 AM

Missy, I'm thinking about you and will be praying for you. The time is getting close!

MJ - Sounds like you're still having breathing problems. Do you think you've lost any of the 10 lbs of water yet? I'm thinking about you and praying for you. Did you say you see the doctor tommorow to check the water retention?
    Old 05-12-2011, 05:49 AM

Good morning all. I am so excited! I weighed 249.2 this morning. My total loss is 23.6 lbs. I havent seen the 240's in 7 yrs. My next goal is to see the 230's on my scale. My appetite has come back but I have been able to keep up with doing good since I've lost so much weight. Going through my closet the other day and trying on clothes that had been to small and finding some that fit me again, sure did help motivate me to keep doing good.

Im so proud of all you who are doing good. Even if you dont see the scales moving as fast as you would like, if you are eating healthier or starting to move/exercise more, you are doing your body good. Hang in there. Don't be discouraged. Still step it up a notch and maybe you will soon see a difference in the way your clothes fit, or on the scale, but especially in the way you feel. Have a great day! Hugs to all, Sandy
    Old 05-12-2011, 06:02 AM

Hello you beautiful losers! We had rain yesterday!!!!!!!! The fire danger here is extreme. WE may get more today.

Today we begin the next phase of the 17 day diet. Meager addition of starchy carbs with breakfast and lunch. Plus lean beef, pork, and shellfish.

Off to sew. Got my strips all cut after buying two new fabrics to switch out. Gonna take it slow since this is my very first.

Have a wonderful Thursday!