Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-12-2011, 06:09 AM

Lynne, Hooray for your husband for not needing blood pressure meds any longer and to you for your lower choleterol numbers. I'm so proud of you for sticking with that 17 day diet. You and your DH are both doing so good. You go girl!!! Big hugs my friend, Sandy
    Old 05-12-2011, 07:22 AM

:) :thumbup: :) Yay, Sandy. It's exciting when the scale drops below number ending in zero. You are to be commended losing post surgery. How is the knee doing?

Lynne, I need to sew today, too. My youngest daughter just called about a vintage Singer. Do I need another? Obviously, overeating is not my only compulsion.

Off to get a tire on my car fixed. Supposed to have more thunderstroms after dozens yesterday, but right now, the sun is shining. Have a healthy day, everyone.
    Old 05-12-2011, 08:43 AM

My knee is coming along. Yesterday at PT, my bend angle was 74 degrees. After PT, I had a follow up visit with my Dr. He said if the bend angle was not 90 degrees in 2 more weeks, he will go back in and "manipulate it", which means he will put me to sleep and force the knee to bend. Otherwise the scar tissue will build up and keep the knee from bending. However, I am progressing. I have gone from 50 degrees to 74 degrees in 2 wks, so I am praying I will reach 90 degrees by 2 more weeks. I'm doing my exercises as I'm supposed too. They hurt, but I cry through them. I know they are pertinent for my recovery. Thank you for asking. Sandy
    Old 05-12-2011, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by linz83
    Well, off to wash the new fabric I bought today for the bargello I am trying to begin.

Have a great evening.

Keep us updated on the progress of your Bargello PLEASE.
    I have the pattern and it is next on my list to do but I am a little intimadated. :-)

I am wiped today!
    I have been doing zumba with some girlfriends and I LOVE it! it makes you sweat like crazy but doesnt make you want to die halfway through it!
    BUT I thought since it is such a pleasent workout I would kick it up a knotch and try Jillian micheals (from biggest loser) 30 day shred video as well! WRONG
    I would pay someone to never have to do that again!! I have muscles in my legs crying out in pain, muscles I never knew existed! I wanted to cry last night trying to put my pajamas on.
    so today i am keeping my food diary and just relaxing. (but lets face it I WILL face the aweful video tomorrow because I need it and it works) :D
    You all are soo lucky I did'nt get into this weigh in for may because I am ALL in this month :thumbup:
    good luck ladies[/quote]

Those contestants puke and whine on the biggest loser because it is so intense.Bob and Julian say it's because their getting the toxins out.They run them thru the wringer and then some.Some are even sorry they joined in.But they do lose a lot of weight there.Of course they do teach them how to do it.So,I got to give you coo-do's.Good for you.And as far as the bargello.Their beautiful quilts.I never done one either.So I wish you luck,and next month,you'll be in for the prize.
    Old 05-12-2011, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
    Good morning all. I am so excited! I weighed 249.2 this morning. My total loss is 23.6 lbs. I havent seen the 240's in 7 yrs. My next goal is to see the 230's on my scale. My appetite has come back but I have been able to keep up with doing good since I've lost so much weight. Going through my closet the other day and trying on clothes that had been to small and finding some that fit me again, sure did help motivate me to keep doing good.

Im so proud of all you who are doing good. Even if you dont see the scales moving as fast as you would like, if you are eating healthier or starting to move/exercise more, you are doing your body good. Hang in there. Don't be discouraged. Still step it up a notch and maybe you will soon see a difference in the way your clothes fit, or on the scale, but especially in the way you feel. Have a great day! Hugs to all, Sandy
    That's great.And that's the way I do it.I didn't look at the big picture.Just what was just ahead of me.That helps me more if I just concentrate on even the next 5 pounds.They do add up.So,I'm proud of you for hanging in there.Great job.
    Old 05-12-2011, 11:53 AM

Oh Sandy that sounds very painful. I have herd joint replacement is not for wimps. I hope you can get it to the 90 degrees without his help!lol Losing weight and going through this at the same time is alot of strength on your part, but just think how good you will look and feel by the end of summer. It will all be so worth it though.

Does anyone else get frustated when life gets unorganized and hectic? When there is too much going on and I don't get meals planned out very well, I don't know who is and who is not going to be here for dinner, and when there are to many bad foods around I get frustated and tempted to just eat what is convienient and not so good for me. I also have platued for the last week and a half which really makes me easily tempted to eat. What causes platues and how do you break them?

It sure is quiet on here, where is everybody?
    Old 05-12-2011, 12:23 PM

Hi,
    Yesterday I felt so bad that I literally thought I was going to die. I am much better today, as I peed off 8 pounds last night! I will have to go out in the heat in a few minutes, that will be challenging. It is my bi-weekly grocery shopping.

My INR was 2.1 this week, too high. I just got cut from green stuff until it gets into a better range. This screws my diet as that was the very few freebies I could eat.

I think your fearless (not!) leader (double not!) is falling behind on the weight loss part. On the other hand, I'm still alive and feel so much more functional today.

Are you moving and shaking your jelly parts? Have a giggle and a wiggle on me!
    Old 05-12-2011, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    Oh Sandy that sounds very painful. I have herd joint replacement is not for wimps. I hope you can get it to the 90 degrees without his help!lol Losing weight and going through this at the same time is alot of strength on your part, but just think how good you will look and feel by the end of summer. It will all be so worth it though.

Does anyone else get frustated when life gets unorganized and hectic? When there is too much going on and I don't get meals planned out very well, I don't know who is and who is not going to be here for dinner, and when there are to many bad foods around I get frustated and tempted to just eat what is convienient and not so good for me. I also have platued for the last week and a half which really makes me easily tempted to eat. What causes platues and how do you break them?

It sure is quiet on here, where is everybody?
    I platue too.I think it's just our body's way of taking a break.On the biggest loser this week,that one poor guy only lost 1 pound,and he did everything right.It's just one of those things.Google "why do we platue losing weight" I did,and there is a bunch of good advise on what to do and why it happends.I was amazed,plus there was a lot of good advise on losing weight too.
    Old 05-12-2011, 12:48 PM

I can break a plateau with a day of no carbs at all. I'm just too lazy to do it. But our weather went from Winter to Summer, so it's time to get started. I think my Summer clothes are a size smaller than my winter ones.

Off to mow the lawn if I can. There's only one way to find out. See you later.
    Old 05-12-2011, 01:33 PM

Rita's Mom, I think of a plateau as our body's way of resting. Therefore, to get out of the plateau we need to kick things up a notch. Either move a little more, eat a little less, or eat different foods. We need to do something to jump start it back into the losing mode. I imagine it is frustrating not knowing how many to cook for. If you are like me, you had rather have too much than not enough, so you cook a lot and if not many people come to eat, you have all this food leftover. Then you are the one dealing with eating it..... I hope things will get better for you. Have a good evening. I'm sending you big hugs from AL. Sandy