Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-12-2011, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Scakes
    Gosh, there have been a lot of posts since I last checked on here. I will have to catch up on reading them.

Haven't really lost enough to mention, so I won't. :lol: Been walking my laps most days; wore my little step counter thingy a couple of days and it usually counts around 8000-9000 steps so I need to up that; been doing yard work. I just haven't gotten my heart into losing yet. Gotta give myself a stern talking to. Kids and grandkids arriving tomorrow or Saturday so maybe chasing a 2 year old for a week or so will help. :lol:

Hope everyone loses a bunch this month. I've got to buy some pastel fabric so I'll be ready for the end of the month. :lol:
    Well I think your doing pretty good myself. 9000 steps? I'd say that was great in fact.I know I don't do that.And yes,chasing a 2 yr old will do it.They can move pretty fast.And yard work is pretty physical,you get more exercise doing that than exercising I think. I'm going to buy some pastels too,because even tho I'm giving it my all.Good luck,and don't give up.I'm not.The month's not over by long shot.Some ahead of you are having a hard time,so as they say,it ain't over till the fat lady sings!so hang in there,you still have a chance.
    Old 05-12-2011, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
    The last two days I have really fallen off of the wagon. Completely sabotaged myself. Probably gained the pounds I lost. Oh well. I am not complaining and I am taking full responsibility for my actions. I shouldn't let my personal problems get in my way of getting myself back into shape.

Tomorrow is a new day and a new beginning.
    Well,life happens,I gained 15 pounds 2 months ago too.But thought to myself,that's crazy to work that hard and lose 90 pounds and toss it away.So,I got back on track.Here I am.7 pounds down so 1/2 way back to 160 pounds.I was 250 at one time.I've done it without any help.So,it can be done.But you know that already.And you know yourself better than anybody.It's not a big deal.Just get back on track,and get 10 pounds off,then have a nice dinner to reward yourself.That's what I'm going to do.For every 10 pounds off,I'm having a steak dinner.Or 20 pounds probably for me.That's what I been a doing,and it seems to work better for me.That way I work a little harder,cause I love steak and don't get to eat it very often.Keeps me motivated!Good luck,
    Old 05-12-2011, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    I'm being bossy today, I guess. Some of you wonderful people need to get over what's "bad". Three chicken planks and one container of sauce isn't bad. Three or four orders at once is. A mini candy bar isn't bad. The whole bag is. A small blizzard once a week isn't bad. A large one every day is. Want to guess what I had for lunch today? I went to see a young friend today who had a 15 pound tumor removed from her breast Tuesday - they took the breast, too, just for insurance that the tumor won't return. I picked up lunch for her and she wanted DQ chicken wrap. I got her a sundae in a waffle bowl, too, and a small Blizzard for each for her mother and me. After that I talked to her about this being a wake up call and having to change her eating habits - no more diet soda, etc.

If there's a splurge you 'need', have a moderate portion and work it into your eating plan as sewNso did today.
    I agree
    Old 05-13-2011, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by GrandmK
    I just read all the new posts. Everyone seems positive. That makes me so happy, it helps me as I was feeling really down. I had to bake for a bake sale and picked Chocolate Chip Rhubarb cake. it is to die for. Of course I couldn't take the edges that were just a little to done. I cut them off and they jumped in my mouth. Honestly I tried to keep it shut so they couldn't get in but some of them still jumped in. Now I am really mad at myself for making one of my favorite sweets to share!!! I have them all packaged up and will deliver to the sale in the AM. But I really blew my diet for a few praises of oh they are so good!! Why did I do that???
    Well,it's like she just said.Once,isn't going to kill you.Just not every day.So,I think you did right.You should of had some.And it won't put 40 pounds on you.(But that cake does sound good,my hubby loves both chocolate and rhubarb,I'll have to look that up)You'll be fine.In fact I've ate some things I thought would of put 10 pounds on me,and I still lost weight.I guess because I just stuck with it.It was fine.So,hang with us,were all in the same boat.Everybody is struggling.Others are having set backs too.Continue on and get back on track.That's the main thing.Together,we can do it.Good luck.
    Old 05-13-2011, 12:58 AM

Okay, time to get back on the horse! Start today with a "do-over". Go back to the basics and do what works for you. Don't dwell on what doesn't work...if you need a "no-carb" day to jump start you, DO IT! If you need to go to the gym today, DO IT! If you need a nap and a splurge, DO IT!

What is important is starting over, not giving up. Start today by assessing your best success and DO IT FOR TODAY!

Not everyday, not the rest of your life, JUST FOR TODAY...

JUST DO IT!
    Old 05-13-2011, 02:17 AM

Good morning!
    Old 05-13-2011, 03:12 AM

Good morning everyone. I weighed myslf this morning and am down 1 lb, that makes 4 for the month, What I was even happier about was that I measured myself and have lost several inches.

MJ, thanks for the tip of myfitnesspal.com - it really helps me stay on track and it's easy to use. (I haven't) figured out how to put the ticker on here yet. I kind of computoe illiterate)

Myfitnesspal.com recommends that you weigh once a week and measure every two weeks so I've picked Friday for my day of reckoning.

I got a pedometer and found out that I haven't been walking as far as I thought I had so I have to step it up. I might be loosing my walking partner though so that will make it tougher to get motivated to walk.

Hang in there everyone - lots of positive thoughts and great advice on this board. Remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life!
    Old 05-13-2011, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm

MJ, thanks for the tip of myfitnesspal.com - it really helps me stay on track and it's easy to use. (I haven't) figured out how to put the ticker on here yet. I kind of computoe illiterate)

Myfitnesspal.com recommends that you weigh once a week and measure every two weeks so I've picked Friday for my day of reckoning.
    Jeanne, have you found the ticker tool on myfitnesspal.com? PM me your phone number and I'll call and walk you through while on my computer...
    Old 05-13-2011, 01:30 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Xylie55
    Originally Posted by irishrose
    I'm being bossy today, I guess. Some of you wonderful people need to get over what's "bad". Three chicken planks and one container of sauce isn't bad. Three or four orders at once is. A mini candy bar isn't bad. The whole bag is. A small blizzard once a week isn't bad. A large one every day is. Want to guess what I had for lunch today? I went to see a young friend today who had a 15 pound tumor removed from her breast Tuesday - they took the breast, too, just for insurance that the tumor won't return. I picked up lunch for her and she wanted DQ chicken wrap. I got her a sundae in a waffle bowl, too, and a small Blizzard for each for her mother and me. After that I talked to her about this being a wake up call and having to change her eating habits - no more diet soda, etc.

If there's a splurge you 'need', have a moderate portion and work it into your eating plan as sewNso did today.
    I agree
    thanks ladies. I didn't think it was too bad,just admitting we all slip.OMG what a tumor. Poor baby. Hope she is doing well. Shows how little my slipping was in the scheme of things. I'll think of her in my prayers. Has anyone heard how Missy did at the doctors?? Mary
    Old 05-13-2011, 02:13 PM

Sorry Ladies I haven't kept up. This is my long week at work. Work Monday to wednesday 14 hour days, and off for 2 days....which is good as today is my birthday. Then work again Saturday to Monday before a mini vacation.

I just got home from shopping so I can take what I need for meals at work the weekend. I am going to be successful and not raid the vending machines or the soda machines. I am going to take my water with lemons and fruits and veggies for snacking. I am also cooking some small steaks and pork chops to be my protein. I will be in control and eat healthy and stay away from the junk.

Hope all have a great weekend.

Cindy