Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-13-2011, 04:30 PM

Happy Birthday Cindy. Kudos to you for planning your meals ahead. I hope everyone has a good weekend. Eat healthy. Get up and move. Think positive. Hugs to all, Sandy
    Old 05-13-2011, 04:53 PM

I am doing good. I am working out twice a day now. I have to lose another 6 pounds before surgery in 12 days. I will weigh in again on Monday and then next Friday. I am sure hoping I see the scale go south. I am doing exactly what I have to diet-wise to lose the weight. Hopefully with the increased activity it will take me over the edge so I can get those few pounds off.

My girlfriend Cathie and I are doing great. Tomorrow we have a family wedding to attend then the reception after. We plan on doing a lot of dancing. I am going to drink my shakes before we go so that I am not hungry and won't be tempted to eat the reception food and especially not the cake.

I am trying hard to read everything and will update for sure on Monday after I weigh in.

I am so so happy right now with Cathie and all that is going on in my life. Isn't love grand? :)

I have so many hopes that this week I will get those few pounds off and then can get my surgery in 12 days. *crossing fingers*

Okay guys...I promise I will check in this weekend and definitely on Monday! You guys have a great weekend!

Oh by the way...tomorrow is my 42nd birthday! I am not going to be celebrating with food this year. I am going to be celebrating with activity instead. That is the only way I know that I can stay on track with my liquid diet.

Take care and BIG HUGS from me!!

Missy
    Old 05-13-2011, 05:54 PM
    Power Poster

Createfourpaws & Missy HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both of you and celebrate by losing some more weight.Sounds like Createfourpaws is a very busy lady. And Missy is in a wonderful dreamland.Good night everyone. Mary
    Old 05-13-2011, 09:27 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY createfourpawa and Missy!
    Old 05-14-2011, 02:59 AM

Missy - so good to hear things are going well for you. I'll be praying for you, can't wait to hear from you on Monday. Happy Birthday!
    Old 05-14-2011, 05:52 AM

Happy Birthday, Missy :b:

GrandmK, will you post the recipe for the Chocolate Chip Rhubarb cake? Or if it's not appropriate for a weight loss site, PM it to me. I found on online that is made with brown sugar and has br sugar, cinn, choc chips and nuts baked on top. Is this it? I have a friend who loves choc chips and rhubarb. I'd like to make the cake. Not for me - no gluten here. By the way, IMO, cake (perferably unfrosted) is appropriate for a diet - a small piece eaten before noon. Freeze the rest in small portions. That's what I do with my yummy muffins, so I don't have a dozen calling my name everytime I come to the kitchen.

I had a wonderful time with my best friend yesterday. It's been years since we had a day together. Her husband came home and took us out to dinner. Nice surprise.

What's our assignment for the day, MJ? I hope everyone has a good week end.
    Old 05-14-2011, 09:10 AM

Happy Birthday, Cindy and Missy!

I slept in today, so our assignment for today is:

BE GOOD TO YOURSELF

When we continue to beat up ourselves for our mistakes and side ventures, we are harming our on self-efforts. Would you continue to berate your puppy over and over for a mistake they made? I hope not! Quit doing it to yourself! Be fresh and open minded to today, not comparing it with yesterday, nor entering into expectations for tomorrow.

Live today like it is your last. Embrace life. Hug yourself. Hug your friends. Smile every hour, even if it is an effort. Put flowers or good smelling stuff in the room. Make your environment a happy place. Increasing the flow of positive energy around you will help you make better choices and have less stress today.

BE GOOD TO YOURSELF.
    Old 05-14-2011, 09:35 AM

Hello everyone. Happy Birthday Missy. I am craving a 3 muskateer candy bar, but I wont be giving into this craving. With my knee, I am not able to go shopping, and DH sure won't go buy me one. I dont have anything chocolate, or fattening, in my house, which is good. I think I will make some popcorn. Surely this craving will pass. While eating my popcorn, I will go through my weight loss journal, looking at the pictures I put in there of clothes I wish I could wear, and read comments and notes Ive put in there. This will help me get past this craving and make me glad I won't be eating any candy bars. I hope you all have a good weekend. Healthy eating.... Sandy
    Old 05-14-2011, 10:24 AM

Omigoodness!!! I was going to wear a dress for the wedding we have to go to today that was a 36 (aka HUGE) but I decided to try on a dress that was a 34 to see if it would fit. Before I put it on I checked the size to make sure it wasn't bigger than a 34 and discovered it was really a 30. I said to Cathie that it was not going to fit because it was a 30 and she said to try it on anyway and I did. IT FIT!!! But, not just barely, it fit GREAT!!! I am so happy!!! I have not been in a 30 in many YEARS!!! I hope that soon I will be in the 20s. Oh how amazing it will be to wear a size that most people wear not just the super morbidly obese like me.

I feel so happy and I coincidently just got home from the gym where I walked another 1/4 mile on the treadmill. WOOHOO!!! I have 11 days til surgery and I feel so good about being able to lose those 6 pounds. I will weigh in on Monday and hope with all of my being I am down.

You guys are the best and I love you!!!

Missy who is jumping for joy!!
    Old 05-14-2011, 10:31 AM

Missy, that's wonderful. You will make your deadline. You are working so hard. Go the wedding, enjoy the flowers, the loving atmosphere, Cathy's company and ignore the food. You can do it for yourself.