Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-16-2011, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Maggiemay
    Good job on your weigh in Missy! Keep up the good work. Is you surgery scheduled yet?

I've had a good day- walked 2.25 miles on the treadmill & my eating has been good.
    Thank you! Surgery is scheduled for next Thursday, May 26th, 6 am. I will weigh in again on Friday and again on Monday before I leave for Sioux Falls. Long way to go to get the surgery but well worth it.

Missy
    Old 05-17-2011, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by sewNso
    Xlyia, we have put a loud ticking clock in with puppies/and or cats. and maybe a dirty shirt or dirty sock. seams to calm them, to have human smell, and a steady noise. sorry about your momma cat. i hear all the wild cats, and lots of bunnies are gone around our neck of the woods also.
    Thank you.Their doing better.Toppling over and stumbling,but walking better now.And trying to run, {funny} And they play fight some already.I'll try the clock,I bet that would help.And I been putting in soft tee shirts.I'm sorry to hear your having problems in your neck of the woods too.Guess their just really bad this year.
    Old 05-17-2011, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Scakes
    Originally Posted by Xylie55
    Hello everybody,I'm still hanging in there.3 days ago,my mama cat went MIA (darn coyotes) so now have 3 / 2 week old babies.They have to eat every 4 hrs.Potty trained already.Eating or drinking out of a shallow dish.So am bushed!Not much rest.Need some formula ideas,got any?How about the stimulation part? Some say use a warm wash rag,but then what?I got the warm wash rag.But they don't say how to do it.They are going better now,but think they need help,their awfully tiny.Anyway,still doing good on the diet.Haven't weighed in a while,but my pant's are falling off,litteraly.Ok,well good luck to everyone,if any of you can help me out with the babies,I'd be most grateful for any help.Any formula mixes. etc.Thanks.
    Sure wish you lived closer. Our mama cat had kittens on the 2nd of May (6 of them). They all disappeared last week. We think it was a fox that got them as it has been seen close to us. I'm sure she'd love to adopt them. Good luck with your babies.
    Oh,that's too bad.I didn't know foxes ate kittens.I know hawks and owls do.Ya,they need a mama.Their so little.Wished you did live closer.You could come get them.
    Old 05-17-2011, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    To stimulate baby kittens that young take a warm moist cotton ball or rag (the cotton ball is smoother) and wipe down their little butts. For the first 2-3 weeks the mother cat washes them there to stimulate them to go potty as they don't know how when they are born. I've raised several litters og orphaned kittens and it is alot of work. I used to mix my own formula but then my vet started carrying premixed which was just as cheap as mixing my own so I used that. The kittens seemed to do better on the stuff from the vet. Good luck, I wish I was closer I would love to help.
    Originally Posted by Xylie55
    Hello everybody,I'm still hanging in there.3 days ago,my mama cat went MIA (darn coyotes) so now have 3 / 2 week old babies.They have to eat every 4 hrs.Potty trained already.Eating or drinking out of a shallow dish.So am bushed!Not much rest.Need some formula ideas,got any?How about the stimulation part? Some say use a warm wash rag,but then what?I got the warm wash rag.But they don't say how to do it.They are going better now,but think they need help,their awfully tiny.Anyway,still doing good on the diet.Haven't weighed in a while,but my pant's are falling off,litteraly.Ok,well good luck to everyone,if any of you can help me out with the babies,I'd be most grateful for any help.Any formula mixes. etc.Thanks.
    Thank you so much.They have the squirts now.Since I put them on canned kitten milk.I'm going to the vet tomorrow morning and will check out their formula's.And tell them about the babies.Haven't weighed in a while,but will tomorrow.Thank you so much.I can use all the help I can get with the babies.
    Old 05-17-2011, 01:38 AM

Well,I'm hanging in there.Will weigh tomorrow at the doctors.Sticking to the regemine.And clothes are loose,so doing good I think.And sweating my butt off both inside and outside.From both the weather,and the hot red peppers.One's burning calories,the other is water weight.Good luck to you all.
    Old 05-17-2011, 02:27 AM

Missy - Congratulations I knew you could do this. Hang in there I'm praying for you and walking every step of the way with enthusiasm. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 05-17-2011, 05:13 AM

Good morning everyone. It's 8:00 a.m. here and I've got a good portion of my day done. I've done some work around the house and I went swimming already. Mon, Wed, & Fri I go to a water aerobics class for 1 hour, but on Tue & Thur theres no class so I go to the pool and lap swim and do some exercises on my own. This morning I spent 40 min in the pool.

MJ I do enjoy your posts and take your advice so please don't stop posting.
    Old 05-17-2011, 05:30 AM

Good morning all,

I'm really dragging today. The sun isn't out like it was promised. I have a ton of aches and pains from yesterday's marathon gardening event. (got a sunburn from it too!) And girly time is slowly creeping up on me. I'm not really complaining, but all of that is just making me lethargic. I'm not even dressed to go on my power walk yet. Just sitting her drinking my coffee...slowly.
    Ten days until I go get my girls and I'm finally getting a bed on Sunday! I don't own a truck or I'd already have it. My sister, who has a truck keeps promising to get me one. Finally, she was asking me what I wanted for my birthday and I told her "I just want a bed so the girls don't have to sleep on the hardwood floors." She had the nerve to ask me "When are the girls coming?" So, she's snagging her husband's truck on Sunday and we're going to pick up the bed.

Did you know that it's National Pack Rat Day? Are quilter's stashes considered a form of pack rat? I admit, I am a pack rat. I go through stages of wanting to get rid of a bunch of junk. I've learned the hard way, don't try to purge while Mom is staying with me! Last Fall, we had a fight and she refused to talk to me for a day because I threw away a broken keychain that I carried when I was a teen.

Well, I'm going to quit babbling and make myself go for my walk. Weather is yucky so I won't be gardening again today. I think I'll spend the day cleaning and organizing the girls rooms! I also need to make a small tablecloth as one of the girls will be using my safe as a nightstand.
    Old 05-17-2011, 06:23 AM

Good Morning all.

MJ keep up the encourgaement and challanges. I enjoy reading them.

As for what I did yesterday that I wish I hadnt. I ate 2 candy bars yesterday. After a successful weekend of staying away from the vending machines all weekend at work, took my own food and drank my 6 glasses of 24 ozs of water each day. Even stayed away from the donuts and junk they brought on sunday for a potluck.

Missy - congrats on your success. You are an encouragement and inspiration on working hard for what you want. Keep up the good work.

Today will be a much better day, I am off work until next Monday. Will be doing some house cleaning as we are getting the house windows tinted tomorrow so have move what is in front of the windows.

Keep up the fight on weight loss.............I am down 3 lbs this month.

The sun is shining and life is good. Enjoy you day.

Cindy
    Old 05-17-2011, 06:48 AM

Good morning, y'all.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Today's issue:

Fiber. Are you adding enough fiber in your diet? Did you know for fiber to work, you also have to drink water? the fiber binds with the fats in your body, the water moves them on out

An appropriate day's worth of fiber for an adult is:
    14 grams for every 1,000 calories
    so one day's worth of fiber would be:
    1/2 c oatmeal 3 grams
    1/2 c cooked beans 7 grams and
    1 apple 5 grams
    that just satisfies for the 1,000 cal count, eating more? add more
    be sure and check your fiber counts, it will make you feel much fuller and will remove the ickies from your body!