Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-17-2011, 08:56 AM

Its only tuesday!
    I think I need to get out more, I spent ALL day yesterday thinking about food, looking for food, and EATING food.
    Thank goodness I went grocery shopping on Sat and didnt buy any junk or I would have ate it!
    My Zumba was cancelled this week b/c my partner's BIL had to have unexpected brain surgery. :(
    Tomorrow is my 10yr Anniversary! but my hubby is working out of town and we cant afford to take time off and do anything. :(
    I think I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and go for a walk (in the rain b/c its been raining for days!)
    see I cant stop!
    ok I'm going to go. . . if for nothing else than to leave my prison of a home for a few minutes! :D
    Old 05-17-2011, 09:34 AM

What I did yesterday that I wished I hadn't was get a sunburn. It was so nice out and not hot and I didn't even think of a hat or sun screen. Worked in yard and garden all day!! Funny story. We were at my mom's and wanted to try and burn some grass and brush. I went on link and got a burn permit at least I thought I did. we seen a plane fly over and my girlfriend teased me. They are going to get us. I knew there was a burn ban on but didn't know why because it is so wet and we were not even sure we could get a fire going. My husband made a fire break all around what we wanted to burn. About 30 minutes after the plane flew over here comes the DNR truck. I walked over and it was a couple of young kids. You male and one Female. I said are you here about the fire. They said yes and I said I have a permit. They asked if they could see it and I said sure. I don't have a printer but it is on my lap top and I kept it on incase. So we went to the house and I got the lap top and showed them where it said "permit active" Only they pointed out it didn't say permit active it said "Permit activate" They told me to "click on it and when I did a window came on that said "the permit cannot be activated due to the fire ban. Ooops................Most folks were getting up to a $500.00 fine. They could see we were safe in it and they said the ban should have been lifted in their opinion so............. They wrote me a variance!!!
    I didn't want to get the permit. I wanted to just blow it off but my husband insisted. i am so glad he did because I was being honest I did think I had a permit and if I didn't i would have said ooops busted and paid the fine. Funny this is 10 days before we had burned like crazy and didn't have a permit and didn't get caught. I think I learned my lesson!!!
    Same thing happened to me a few years ago. That was an older DNR guy and since it was my mom's house and he needed ID with a different address it took him 45 minutes to write a warning. He said he had written 6 tickets that day and had never written a warning. He could see we were save. My husband is Mr. Boy Scout!!!
    Old 05-17-2011, 09:35 AM

Oh I forgot to say. I have lost 2 pounds this month. My goal is only 2 a month so I am doing OK. Had hoped for more but am happy. Going to eat some fiber now!!
    Old 05-17-2011, 12:33 PM

I have exercised like crazy, drank tons of water but I can't bring myself to eat today. I know it's not good for me, but nothing sounds good and nothing tastes good today.
    Old 05-17-2011, 02:12 PM

Well I weighed in this morning with not much of a loss. But I've been having a lot of trouble trying to only eat 1200 cal a day so think I'll up it just 200 cal and give it a try again. Went to doctor for a physical today also and she said just keep trying. Have to go back May 31 so hope I can lose at least 5 pounds by then. We eat out frequently so may have to stop that too.
    Old 05-17-2011, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Fabricnut
    Well I weighed in this morning with not much of a loss. But I've been having a lot of trouble trying to only eat 1200 cal a day so think I'll up it just 200 cal and give it a try again. Went to doctor for a physical today also and she said just keep trying. Have to go back May 31 so hope I can lose at least 5 pounds by then. We eat out frequently so may have to stop that too.
    You may very well find that adding those extra calories will be the trick you need to lose and to have the extra energy you need during the day. When I started out doing the liquid diet I was only drinking four shakes a day. When I increased that to 7 a day I started losing weight and feeling better. It really was amazing.
    Old 05-17-2011, 03:02 PM

missy, catching up on posts, and see you have lost 6 more pds. way to go. congrats.
    Old 05-17-2011, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso
    missy, catching up on posts, and see you have lost 6 more pds. way to go. congrats.
    Thank you so so much!!

Missy
    Old 05-17-2011, 03:58 PM
    Power Poster

Missy what kind of shakes are you drinking? I would like to ask my doctor about them?Maybe have 1 or 2 a day instead of a meal.I heard when you have the lap band done it doesn't work for awhile. Is that true?I hope your healthy.I have had a couple operations and that kinda makes me nervous. I understand though that this isn't to hard on a person. I'm just so curious not trying to be nosey about your bussiness. As I have said I wish you the best.I will be waiting with the rest of the girls to hear from you after the surgery. My weight is still the same down 2 lbs. so far. Not bad since I am limited to what kind of excercize I can do. Mary
    Old 05-17-2011, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Missy what kind of shakes are you drinking? I would like to ask my doctor about them?Maybe have 1 or 2 a day instead of a meal.I heard when you have the lap band done it doesn't work for awhile. Is that true?I hope your healthy.I have had a couple operations and that kinda makes me nervous. I understand though that this isn't to hard on a person. I'm just so curious not trying to be nosey about your bussiness. As I have said I wish you the best.I will be waiting with the rest of the girls to hear from you after the surgery. My weight is still the same down 2 lbs. so far. Not bad since I am limited to what kind of excercize I can do. Mary
    I am drinking the Opti-Fast shakes. They are not the greatest tasting but they are surely doing the trick. A bit spendy too but some insurance plans cover them.

As far as the lap band not working right away? Nope. Completely false. My surgeon is expecting me to lose about 30 pounds the first month. Lap band patients will lose 90% of their excess weight in the first 2 yrs. Gastric bypass patients lose it in the first year.

You are definitely NOT being nosey! :) My surgeon told me that he is now putting the lap bands on a lot of gastric bypass patients because they do not follow his instructions and they are stretching their pouches out and gaining their weight back. He also says that the band and the bypass are only tools to weight loss and if you want to cheat and eat crap you will feel like crap and not lose what you need to.

It truly is all about the attitude and how we educate ourselves about nutrition. Even though I hated that it has taken me this long to get to my surgery date...the time has served me well. I am very well versed in nutrition now and that is how and why I have been able to lose almost 75 pounds. Make sense?

I am healthier than I have ever been at this point. It will only get better once the surgery is done. :)

Missy