Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-17-2011, 04:25 PM

Good for you Missy- you have a great attitude & I am sure you will be successful after your surgery! I look forward to keeping up with your journey. And then maybe you can tell me what a "fill" is! I told you I follow a few weight loss blogs & they talk about fills & I don't know what it is!

@Fabricnut- Maybe take your 1200 (or whatever your amount is) calories & multiply them by 7= 8400. That is your calories for the week. Play with your amounts for the day, like 1500 one day & 1000 the next day, 1200 the next as long as you keep to the week's max. Keeps your body guessing!

Went to Joann's today with my 60% off coupon. I am making slipcover type pads for our outdoor furniture & was able to use it on something for those. We have sling type mesh chairs that are all discolored & I saw some pads for them somewhere so I thought I'd give it a try. Went to Tuesday Morning too. They had lots of fat quarter bundles & 2 yard pre packs. I didn't get any but did pick up some thread snips.

Just did 1.50 miles on the treadmill. I'll weigh in tomorrow & see what the damage is!
    Old 05-17-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Maggiemay
    Good for you Missy- you have a great attitude & I am sure you will be successful after your surgery! I look forward to keeping up with your journey. And then maybe you can tell me what a "fill" is! I told you I follow a few weight loss blogs & they talk about fills & I don't know what it is!

@Fabricnut- Maybe take your 1200 (or whatever your amount is) calories & multiply them by 7= 8400. That is your calories for the week. Play with your amounts for the day, like 1500 one day & 1000 the next day, 1200 the next as long as you keep to the week's max. Keeps your body guessing!

Went to Joann's today with my 60% off coupon. I am making slipcover type pads for our outdoor furniture & was able to use it on something for those. We have sling type mesh chairs that are all discolored & I saw some pads for them somewhere so I thought I'd give it a try. Went to Tuesday Morning too. They had lots of fat quarter bundles & 2 yard pre packs. I didn't get any but did pick up some thread snips.

Just did 1.50 miles on the treadmill. I'll weigh in tomorrow & see what the damage is!
    Thank you so much! A fill is where the surgeon puts fluid into the port that is placed under the skin in order to make the band tighter and the banded person less hungry and make the pouch even smaller. The general rule is if you are getting hungry between meals then you need a fill. My first fill will be one month after surgery. It should be interesting to see what I am able to eat and drink post-op. :)

Missy
    Old 05-17-2011, 06:35 PM

I just got home from the gym and I increased my speed from 1.4 MPH to 1.5 MPH. That may not seem like much but when I started going to the gym I was only going .5 MPH.

I am just thrilled and over the moon right now. I talked to my personal trainer and she was overjoyed too.

Even feeling like dog doo with this cold and having no voice I was still able to walk that 1/4 mile. I feel so proud of me.

I could NEVER have made it to this point in my life without the help of all of my wonderful friends here. THANK YOU!

I will admit I am terrified of my weigh in on Friday but I am sure that is just last minute jitters. I am just going to keep on going and doing what I know to do and drink those shakes! What more can I do?

I hope you guys are doing well tonight!

Missy who has only 201 hours til surgery!

PS: I hope you do not think I am a bragger...I just need to get this stuff off my chest.
    Old 05-17-2011, 07:29 PM

Great Job Missy! I knew you could do it! The .8 pounds will be nothing for you to lose now.
    Nobody thinks you are a bragger. We love that you are keeping us updated on your journey, please don't stop. We are all pulling for you! I don't know about everyone else but you keep me motivated. I tell myself if you can work as hard at this as you are, then what the heck am I whining about. Keep up the good work!:)
    Old 05-17-2011, 09:31 PM

Hi Ladies. Well, my weight hasn't budged in a few days. Hopefully, all the exercise I got today shows something tomorrow.

Stephanie
    Old 05-17-2011, 11:01 PM

Congrats Missy, Sp happy for you. I will be praying for you on your surgery date. You have worked so hard to get to this point. Bunches of hugs coming your way.
    You all sound in good sprits and doing well. I have lost only a couple of pounds so far this month. I've had a birthday and company and a trip this month which has made it hard to stick to a proper eating plan.
    But not giving up. I have been keeping the steps per day around 7500 or so .
    It's late so night and talk to you all soon.
    Gail
    Old 05-18-2011, 02:35 AM

Missy - Please don't stop posting about your journey. It sounds like you are well educated and taking everything very seriously - good for you. When I had my stomach stapled I lost the weight I needed to loose in the first year. I did good for about five years but then like your doctor told you I started eating all the wrong things and gradually increased my portions and gained all the weight back. My pouch is bigger now but I still need to control my portions. I was glad when I started to work to get the weight back off that the pouch shrank smaller again when I started to controll my portions. It's not nearly as small as right after surgery but it still lets me know I can't stuff myself. Good luck to you, my prayers are with you. I know you can do this.
    Old 05-18-2011, 06:29 AM

It has surprised me that I can now begin to feel being full. When I first started this weight loss venture last August, that's when I began to try to limit what I was eating, I never "felt" full. I was always hungry, even after eating a large meal. Now, 9 months later, I know when I feel full. I know when I'm stretching my gut.
    That is a wonderful feeling, to know fullness.

Today's thought:
    Listen to your body. Is it telling you that you are hungry? or just tired, or bored? Is it really thirst? or constipation? Need an energy boost?

LISTEN
    Old 05-18-2011, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    Great Job Missy! I knew you could do it! The .8 pounds will be nothing for you to lose now.
    Nobody thinks you are a bragger. We love that you are keeping us updated on your journey, please don't stop. We are all pulling for you! I don't know about everyone else but you keep me motivated. I tell myself if you can work as hard at this as you are, then what the heck am I whining about. Keep up the good work!:)
    Oh thank you so much! I think I just get the jitters and I worry about stuff that is really not going to happen. I am just going to literally put one foot in front of the other and keep on going.

Missy
    Old 05-18-2011, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by IAmCatOwned
    Hi Ladies. Well, my weight hasn't budged in a few days. Hopefully, all the exercise I got today shows something tomorrow.

Stephanie
    I am hoping that the scales show a loss for you. I have my fingers crossed. You are doing a great job!

Missy