Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-18-2011, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
    Congrats Missy, Sp happy for you. I will be praying for you on your surgery date. You have worked so hard to get to this point. Bunches of hugs coming your way.
    You all sound in good sprits and doing well. I have lost only a couple of pounds so far this month. I've had a birthday and company and a trip this month which has made it hard to stick to a proper eating plan.
    But not giving up. I have been keeping the steps per day around 7500 or so .
    It's late so night and talk to you all soon.
    Gail
    Thank you so much Gail! Your prayers are surely going to make a difference on surgery day and every day before then.

I think it is awesome that you are walking 7500 steps a day! Good job!

Missy
    Old 05-18-2011, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    Missy - Please don't stop posting about your journey. It sounds like you are well educated and taking everything very seriously - good for you. When I had my stomach stapled I lost the weight I needed to loose in the first year. I did good for about five years but then like your doctor told you I started eating all the wrong things and gradually increased my portions and gained all the weight back. My pouch is bigger now but I still need to control my portions. I was glad when I started to work to get the weight back off that the pouch shrank smaller again when I started to controll my portions. It's not nearly as small as right after surgery but it still lets me know I can't stuff myself. Good luck to you, my prayers are with you. I know you can do this.
    Thank you Jeanne!

Missy
    Old 05-18-2011, 07:23 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

Pray that everyone has a successful day today no matter how small it may seem.

Yesterday was a good day for me, finally getting some stuff unpacked from moving into the garage apartment last december. Got all of my clothes that are clean hung up and put away. Found the other side of the bed floor area. Was able to move stuff into the storage area. And did some work in the yard/driveway infront of my apartment.

Today's plans are to work on the main area, the kitchen, living room and sewing area. I so want to have a place for everything and I will it just takes some time to get in place.

Challenge for me today is that I am have some stomach and backside issues having to run to the bathroom about ever 15 mins or so. So getting stuff done today may be challenging. I am going to do what I can when I can and drink plenty of fluids and keep going. It is very humid here today so had to turn the AC on.

Missy......Keep up the good work and you will weigh less than the goal on surgery day. I have faith in you with all your hard work to this point you will not fail.

MJ.....thank you for the challenge to listen to your body, I did that yesterday as I was cleaning taking it slow and taking breaks as needed.

May your day be blessed.

Cindy
    Old 05-18-2011, 10:03 AM
    Power Poster

Gee sounds like everybody is moving right along. That is very encouraging to me. That's why I love to hear things like Missy's updates.Thanks ladies Mary
    Old 05-18-2011, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
    Good Morning Ladies,

Pray that everyone has a successful day today no matter how small it may seem.

Yesterday was a good day for me, finally getting some stuff unpacked from moving into the garage apartment last december. Got all of my clothes that are clean hung up and put away. Found the other side of the bed floor area. Was able to move stuff into the storage area. And did some work in the yard/driveway infront of my apartment.

Today's plans are to work on the main area, the kitchen, living room and sewing area. I so want to have a place for everything and I will it just takes some time to get in place.

Challenge for me today is that I am have some stomach and backside issues having to run to the bathroom about ever 15 mins or so. So getting stuff done today may be challenging. I am going to do what I can when I can and drink plenty of fluids and keep going. It is very humid here today so had to turn the AC on.

Missy......Keep up the good work and you will weigh less than the goal on surgery day. I have faith in you with all your hard work to this point you will not fail.

MJ.....thank you for the challenge to listen to your body, I did that yesterday as I was cleaning taking it slow and taking breaks as needed.

May your day be blessed.

Cindy
    Thank you so much Cindy! I am working so hard to make sure that I am below 400 when I see the surgery next Wednesday for my final weigh in. Time is really moving fast now.

Missy
    Old 05-18-2011, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Gee sounds like everybody is moving right along. That is very encouraging to me. That's why I love to hear things like Missy's updates.Thanks ladies Mary
    Oh Mary you are so sweet!!

Missy
    Old 05-18-2011, 10:56 AM

My scales haven't budged either but I have been watching what I eat ( I mean, I DO look at it before I put it in my mouth,...) and I have been doing a bit of exercise daily and getting out on my bicycle. (my favorite bike path goes right next to the Wild Rose Quilt Shop in Orting.. ) So I expect it will come off slowly, but it WILL come off!
    In the meantime.. what was the theme for this months fat quarters??
    Old 05-18-2011, 11:24 AM

I lost a pound this week so that makes 3 for the month for me. Not huge, but slowly plugging away!

Two things that I have bought recently that I like are Tia Rosa Whole Wheat 50 calorie tortillas. I have been doing a lot of wraps & can make a decent one for 100 calories or so. The other thing is Skinny Cow White Mint Truffle ice cream bars- 100 calories. They are really good. I usually don't go for that 100 calories packaged stuff, but these were good.

Anyone watch Biggest Loser? Those people look fantastic. The 3 girls look amazing! No marathon this season. The season seemed really long to me this time! Finale next week!
    Old 05-18-2011, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    It has surprised me that I can now begin to feel being full. When I first started this weight loss venture last August, that's when I began to try to limit what I was eating, I never "felt" full. I was always hungry, even after eating a large meal. Now, 9 months later, I know when I feel full. I know when I'm stretching my gut.
    That is a wonderful feeling, to know fullness.

Today's thought:
    Listen to your body. Is it telling you that you are hungry? or just tired, or bored? Is it really thirst? or constipation? Need an energy boost?

LISTEN
    LOl, that made me laugh! Your today's thought!

I weighed in today and lost 1/2 lb again. I think I need to change something up. I have been walking and working in the yard and eating carefully. I will try shifting things around a bit and see if there is any change. The weather plays havoc of late with rain, so today I did not get my walk in. Maybe later it will have stopped and I can go out. I did find that my pedometer is way off! I was trying to get to a 1.5 mark and I added more to my walk and was walking for an hour! Well needless to say something was wrong! I took the car out and retraced my route that I walk and it was 2.8 miles from beginning to end! So I am happy at least the walk is more than I was figuring. Whew.

I see results here on the board and that makes me happy too. The lbs may not be flaking away, but I can feel it , more energy and my clothes feel better!

Good luck with another week ladies!

Sharon
    Old 05-18-2011, 12:45 PM

Hello everyone! I am sorry to have been missing the past couple of weeks. I have been reading all the posts, but my brain has been so fogging I couldn't put a sentence together. I have realized it's probably not the fibro, instead I probably got glutened. I have celiac and if I eat any gluten I get what feels like a 24 hour stomach bug. Then over the next few days the joint pain begins and the mental fog sets in. I get so exhausted and foggy it takes a while to figure out what is happening. So a few more weeks and I should be back to normal. Well as normal as I ever get! It sounds like overall we are all making progress.