Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-18-2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Missy, is the room private? How many clothes can you remove? It's amazing how much clothing weighs. When I was going to Weight Watcher's years ago, I used to go in the flimiest sundress imaginable and barefoot. I had set my goal weight too low. Now, I'd just have it adjusted.
    The room is very private but, like you, I go in barely anything. I always take everything possible off to weigh. I try to step on the scale fast before the nurse turns around to see the numbers just in case it is a gain. Unfortunately, Angela (the nurse) is so darn fast that she see the numbers before I do! LOL!! Oh well. :)

The scale at the surgeon's office is right in the hallway between the waiting room and the examining rooms. So, I think there might be trouble if I strip nekkid to weigh in there. I will tell you though there will be NO bra, NO panties, NO socks...JUST capris and a shirt. My mother will have a fit but if that bra weighs even an ounce that sucker will not be on MY body at THAT weigh in. We shall surely see.

Missy
    Old 05-18-2011, 08:16 PM

Missy you have been in my prayers for days now and I will continue to do so until you are home from your surgery safe and sound. You are doing a great job!

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. We are getting a LOT of rain the last few days so I haven't got to get outside much to exercise. But we need the rain so bad I am not going to complain.
    Old 05-18-2011, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Originally Posted by Xylie55
    Good afternoon.I went to the doctor yesterday,and I'm back down to 160.So got that 15 pounds off I put on 2 months ago.But been working hard.I can't exercise,so do have to burn calories from the food I eat.My doctor said yesterday "your losing weight".Last time I was there 3 months ago we sat down and went through 3 yrs of weight numbers from 250 down to 160.He got out a 1 pound glob of fat.I was amazed how big it was.Missy,it is helping others to know you can lose the weight without surgery or pills,or anything.Cause you are doing it now.There's nothing wrong with surgery to lose weight.It's better than doing nothing.I would love to have had the surgery too.But my insurance won't pay,and I can't afford it.I just got tired of being fat and getting bigger,and bigger.I was ashamed I let myself get so big.I yo-yo dieted all my life.Which just made me bigger.Then I saw those diet dinners come out,they were very expensive,and I thought,well I'll get TV dinners and do the same thing.And it's worked.I am having a mental block tho on the last 40 pounds.So really need to figure out why,so I can continue on.I don't know why,unless it's because I've never been thinner.I don't know,but I'm not giving up,I'm determined to get there if it takes another 3 yrs to do it.So,hang in there and keep going.one pound loss is fantastic I think.I'll take it.The main thing for me is that I keep off the weight I've lost.I think we are all doing fantastic myself,at least we're trying.Good luck to everybody.
    Thank you so much. I really appreciate what you said. If I did not have 250+ pounds to lose doing it on my would feel more "right" to me. I know without a doubt that if I do not get the weight off I will die. I do not want to die. I want to work hard to live. I have heard people tell me that because I have already lost almost 75 pounds that I can do it on my own. That may be true but it is not likely that I will be able to keep it off without the help of the band. I hope that made sense.

Anyway....I am glad to hear that you have been able to drop a bunch of pounds. That is a great thing to hear.

Missy
    Yes,I know what you mean.But that weight you've lost already is still to be commended.I know your doing it for the surgery,but not everybody can do that.I know from mine.It's HARD work.We have to fight for every pound we see drop on the scales.These surgeries have saved a lot of lives,And is a well needed 'tool' your doctor said,and he's right.It is a tool.And does work well for many people.If I could of had it done,I would of,in a heart beat.Because until I changed my life style,I never got or kept the weight off.And what your doing is definatly a life change.So I do have to give you coo doo's too.That's why you are such an inspiration,even to me.I admire your guts and stamina to stick with it.Your going to make your goal for surgery,no doubt.It's obvious your not a quitter,your not a whimp.I'm not either.If I were,I would of gave up 1st thing when I first started out.But I stuck with it,and here I am.90 pounds lighter.I need new clothes now tho.Mine are falling off.LOL.Anyway,we'll get there,all of us together,I think everybody here on this thread is to be commended for sticking with it and giving it their all.The support is awesome here.I've really enjoyed joining this thread and getting to know everybody.MJ did a good thing having everybody tell a little about themselves.We all have a lot in common.Besides needing to lose weight,and quilting,which is my no.1 hobby,and the only one I have.I love it.Sew much fun.
    Old 05-18-2011, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Xylie, how tall are you? At 160, 40 more pounds sounds like too much to lose. If you adjust that to 20 more, you're almost there. I do not want to be too thin. At my age, I think that would equate to wrinkles and I don't like those.
    I have a goal weight in mind, but what I really am thinking of is a goal size. I want to able to wear my clothes that are a certain size.

lauriejo, that celiac is a tricky one. The world sticks gluten in so many places. Are you avoiding hydrolyzed yeast and 'flavorings'?

Sadly, I am back on oral steroids, plus an injection, so I am bummed big time. Usually I gain 15 pounds and keep it for a long time. I'm hoping this time will be different. The doctor thinks saving my ability to walk is more important than worrying about a few pounds. Of course, he's right. It's scary when the back is deteriorating rapidly. Enough whining. Hope everyone's having a good day.

The rheumatologist is history - next stop is a nuerologist - immediately. Such fun. I'd rather be spending the money on fabric.

May is pastels. Does that mean florals or solids? I like blenders and large florals, but I'm not going to win, for sure.
    Ya,I got to thinking,40 pounds would put me at 120 pounds.That would be too thin for me with my frame.I think 140 would be about right.And talking about your medicines,and maybe gaining weight,I too have what you got.My back is really bad,and most joints are shot too.My doctor gave me a script for meloxicam.But don't know if I want to take it.Side affects look scary.But if it works,it would be great.
    Old 05-18-2011, 11:53 PM

Sounds like you all had a good day again today. I love all the support I hear for each other. Missy you will do very well. You have a few more days so hang in there and don't get to up tight about the last few pounds. Just keep up the routine you've been doing. I do the same when I have to weigh myself. I try to wear the same thing and do it at the same time of day.
    I am 5.3 and my goal is 135 but if I get to the right size I don't care about reaching a set pound amount. I have gone from a tight 16 to a tight 12 in some things so more needs to come off.
    Today was not a very good eating day. My BIL took DH and I to McD's for breakfast and then we went to another place for lunch. All I wanted to do was eat at home and have my tuna and salad for lunch.
    Then dinner was leftovers of roast and scalloped potatoes Not A Good Day. Tomorrow will be better. BIL went home this afternoon so I can get back to my routine. Don't think I will get on the scales for a couple of days. I don't want to see the scales up and wipe out what I have lost so far this month. Not enough to win FQ's but thats not the reason I joined this group. I already have my FQ for the winner and Missy . It's late so I'm off to bed. I'll try to get on tomorrow and check in with you all.
    Hugs to all
    Gail
    Old 05-19-2011, 02:35 AM

Good Morning everyone! Well yesterday went pretty good. According to Myfitnesspal.com food diary I didn't eat enough so I guess I'm going to have to pay closer attention. I got in my goal exercise and it felt so good. I used to hate any form of exercise but since I've been swimming I love it.

I used to tell people that I didn't care what I weighed as long as I could fit into a certain size but now I find it does matter to me so I'll stick with my food plan and exercise goals and pray for weight loss.

Missy, your such an inspiration. I love your posts. My prayers will be with you all the way through. I wish you could talk to my friend - she is morbidly obese and has several major health problems. Yesterday during swimming she almost feinted and her husband took her to the hospital. They think her pacemaker is malfunctioning. They let her come home for the night with a heart moniter but she has to go back to the hospital pacemaker clinic this morning for more tests. The doctors have tried to talk her into weight loss surgery but she is refusing. I worry about her.

My goals for today:
    Stay under 1200 calories
    Lap swim for 30 minutes
    Walk 1 mile

Have a good day everyone. I will check in later to let you know how I'm doing on my goals and see how everyone else is doing.
    Old 05-19-2011, 03:25 AM

Jeanne, are you up this early or headed to bed?

Good morning everyone.
    Old 05-19-2011, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Leann
    Jeanne, are you up this early or headed to bed?

Good morning everyone.
    I'm up this earley. I usually get up between 3:30 - 4:00. I've already been swimming and will be heading out shortly to do some work at church and go for my walk. Have a great day!
    Old 05-19-2011, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    Missy you have been in my prayers for days now and I will continue to do so until you are home from your surgery safe and sound. You are doing a great job!

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. We are getting a LOT of rain the last few days so I haven't got to get outside much to exercise. But we need the rain so bad I am not going to complain.
    Thank you so so much! It makes me feel so much better knowing I have you guys praying for me and thinking about me as I go through this journey.

Missy
    Old 05-19-2011, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Good afternoon.I went to the doctor yesterday,and I'm back down to 160.So got that 15 pounds off I put on 2 months ago.But been working hard.I can't exercise,so do have to burn calories from the food I eat.My doctor said yesterday "your losing weight".Last time I was there 3 months ago we sat down and went through 3 yrs of weight numbers from 250 down to 160.He got out a 1 pound glob of fat.I was amazed how big it was.Missy,it is helping others to know you can lose the weight without surgery or pills,or anything.Cause you are doing it now.There's nothing wrong with surgery to lose weight.It's better than doing nothing.I would love to have had the surgery too.But my insurance won't pay,and I can't afford it.I just got tired of being fat and getting bigger,and bigger.I was ashamed I let myself get so big.I yo-yo dieted all my life.Which just made me bigger.Then I saw those diet dinners come out,they were very expensive,and I thought,well I'll get TV dinners and do the same thing.And it's worked.I am having a mental block tho on the last 40 pounds.So really need to figure out why,so I can continue on.I don't know why,unless it's because I've never been thinner.I don't know,but I'm not giving up,I'm determined to get there if it takes another 3 yrs to do it.So,hang in there and keep going.one pound loss is fantastic I think.I'll take it.The main thing for me is that I keep off the weight I've lost.I think we are all doing fantastic myself,at least we're trying.Good luck to everybody.
    Thank you so much. I really appreciate what you said. If I did not have 250+ pounds to lose doing it on my would feel more "right" to me. I know without a doubt that if I do not get the weight off I will die. I do not want to die. I want to work hard to live. I have heard people tell me that because I have already lost almost 75 pounds that I can do it on my own. That may be true but it is not likely that I will be able to keep it off without the help of the band. I hope that made sense.

Anyway....I am glad to hear that you have been able to drop a bunch of pounds. That is a great thing to hear.

Missy
    Yes,I know what you mean.But that weight you've lost already is still to be commended.I know your doing it for the surgery,but not everybody can do that.I know from mine.It's HARD work.We have to fight for every pound we see drop on the scales.These surgeries have saved a lot of lives,And is a well needed 'tool' your doctor said,and he's right.It is a tool.And does work well for many people.If I could of had it done,I would of,in a heart beat.Because until I changed my life style,I never got or kept the weight off.And what your doing is definatly a life change.So I do have to give you coo doo's too.That's why you are such an inspiration,even to me.I admire your guts and stamina to stick with it.Your going to make your goal for surgery,no doubt.It's obvious your not a quitter,your not a whimp.I'm not either.If I were,I would of gave up 1st thing when I first started out.But I stuck with it,and here I am.90 pounds lighter.I need new clothes now tho.Mine are falling off.LOL.Anyway,we'll get there,all of us together,I think everybody here on this thread is to be commended for sticking with it and giving it their all.The support is awesome here.I've really enjoyed joining this thread and getting to know everybody.MJ did a good thing having everybody tell a little about themselves.We all have a lot in common.Besides needing to lose weight,and quilting,which is my no.1 hobby,and the only one I have.I love it.Sew much fun.
    I totally agree with you. We are all to be commended. Congrats everyone who has lost weight and for those that are not losing but are trying their best to lose. You guys are the best!

Missy