Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-19-2011, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
    Originally Posted by scrapngmom
    The last two days I have really fallen off of the wagon. Completely sabotaged myself. Probably gained the pounds I lost. Oh well. I am not complaining and I am taking full responsibility for my actions. I shouldn't let my personal problems get in my way of getting myself back into shape.

Tomorrow is a new day and a new beginning.
    So,how are you doing?Been thinking about you.Thought we better check in on you.I bet your doing great.I'm still chipping away at mine.Did finely get that 15 pounds off.Wasn't easy,but stuck with it.My hubby likes candy,chocolate,cookies.So I but Kisses,cause he likes them,and I don't.If I buy the bars,I'd be in them all the time,just can't help myself,So,this way,I stay on track.And he asked where the desert was the other night,I said "what desert"?He said "Oh".Guess I'll have to get him something I won't eat.LOL!.Anyway,let us know how it's going.We can't leave any "weight soldiers" behind.I know your probably doing good.Cause you've been doing good.If not,let us know so we can help and cheer you on.We are a team and need one another.Besides,I miss your posts.
    Sorry,pushed the wrong button.Not but kisses,but "I buy kisses"oops!
    Old 05-19-2011, 06:28 PM

Oh, I meant to tell you in last post about all my aches and pains. My DH, DD and I lived in Grand Rapids from '94-98. We loved Western Michigan and still have great friends up there. We have been through Cadillac many times and one good friend was raised near there--her name is now Karen Johnson and a couple of sisters are still in the Cadillac area, their mother died a few years ago. I can't think of her maiden name right now.
    Old 05-19-2011, 06:31 PM

Okay...so I weigh in again in the morning. I am excited and scared at the same time. I will be weighing in at 8 in the morning.

Now...on to other things...I just created a blog that will document my journey after surgery. I just created it a few minutes ago and plan to make my first post to include my "before" pictures. I will have Cathie take those the night before surgery. Then I will put them up on the blog. I want to make a post when I get into my room at the hospital (if they have wi-fi) after surgery. Then try and post each day after that.

I really thought it would be great for me to see where I have been and where I am going but also for those that want the weight loss surgery and are not sure of what it will be like.

Anyway...I hope everyone is doing well this evening. I am loving all the posts and seeing how everyone is incorporating good choices into their daily lives.

You guys are awesome and I cannot wait to post my new weight tomorrow!

Missy
    Old 05-19-2011, 06:50 PM

Missy where did you start your blog?

You will be under the goal weight. I am excited for you.
    Old 05-19-2011, 07:13 PM

Missy, how long will you be hospitalized? I'm not familiar with your surgery at all. It seems no one stays in very long for anything any more. I can understand with orthopedic surgery, but not soft tissue.
    Old 05-19-2011, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
    Missy where did you start your blog?

You will be under the goal weight. I am excited for you.
    I started it on blogger. I really like using blogger.

I am so excited too! I am going to walk into the hospital tomorrow feeling good about what I have done this week and how much work I have put into my exercise.

The real treat for me is going to see what the numbers actually are. I know that even if I only lose a pound or two it will take me under my goal.

Monday I will weigh one more time at the hospital and after that I will drop into my regular doctor's office to weigh there because he has the same type of scale that my surgeon has. I just want to prepare myself in the event that the surgeon's scale weighs me heavy. We will see though.

Goodness this is exciting and fun! I know that I have not cheated or anything. I have worked out twice a day three days this week and so I feel good about that. My calories daily have hovered around the 1000 to 1200 range so I feel GREAT about that.

I plan on switching to clear liquids starting Tuesday morning until after my surgery. Hopefully that will bring me down a pound or two as well.

Gosh if I lose another 6 pounds this week I will be jumping for joy! I am not sure if I will but I will surely know in the morning. I think I am going to increase my activity this weekend a bit more too. I will ask the nurse at the hospital in the morning what she thinks.

Everyone in my house is totally sick of hearing my worries about my weigh ins. I think I might have to sleep in a dog house if I carry on all weekend like I have the last few days. LOL!

Oh well...what can I do? LOL!!

Missy
    Old 05-19-2011, 08:56 PM

Missy if I were in your place I would be talking nonstop about the weight loss and surgery it is just natural so let them be "sick of hearing my worries" you have a big step ahead of you. I'm sending a great big HUG to you, can you feel it? Bet your down those six pounds.
    We are all so proud of you.
    Gail
    Old 05-19-2011, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
    Missy if I were in your place I would be talking nonstop about the weight loss and surgery it is just natural so let them be "sick of hearing my worries" you have a big step ahead of you. I'm sending a great big HUG to you, can you feel it? Bet your down those six pounds.
    We are all so proud of you.
    Gail
    Oh Gail! Thank you so much!! I just cannot help talking about it. So they will just have to deal with it! :)

Missy
    Old 05-19-2011, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Originally Posted by NannySandy
    Good morning everyone. I love coming on here and reading everyone's posts. The encouragement, inspiration, motivation and well wishes everyone gives is such a boost to me. I am glad we have each other to go through this weight loss journey/venture with. It means so much to me, to have all of you to lean on. Thank you all for being here and for your input. It keeps me going. I hope you all have a good day of making healthy choices. Big hugs to all, Sandy (PS. I've lost another 0.8 lbs. I will be at 25 lb loss VERY SOON. yeah me!!)
    YAY!!! I am doing the happy dance for you!!

Missy
    Me too!That's wonderful news.
    Me three! Good job!
    Old 05-19-2011, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
    The last two days I have really fallen off of the wagon. Completely sabotaged myself. Probably gained the pounds I lost. Oh well. I am not complaining and I am taking full responsibility for my actions. I shouldn't let my personal problems get in my way of getting myself back into shape.

Tomorrow is a new day and a new beginning.
    So,how are you doing?Been thinking about you.Thought we better check in on you.I bet your doing great.I'm still chipping away at mine.Did finely get that 15 pounds off.Wasn't easy,but stuck with it.My hubby likes candy,chocolate,cookies.So I but Kisses,cause he likes them,and I don't.If I buy the bars,I'd be in them all the time,just can't help myself,So,this way,I stay on track.And he asked where the desert was the other night,I said "what desert"?He said "Oh".Guess I'll have to get him something I won't eat.LOL!.Anyway,let us know how it's going.We can't leave any "weight soldiers" behind.I know your probably doing good.Cause you've been doing good.If not,let us know so we can help and cheer you on.We are a team and need one another.Besides,I miss your posts.
    Sorry,pushed the wrong button.Not but kisses,but "I buy kisses"oops!
    LOL! I didn't even catch that the first time I read it.