Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-19-2011, 09:40 PM

I am glad everyone is doing well. My weight was down a little this morning but I am not losing anything close to the way I was before I stalled out. I know I need to really start counting my calories instead of just eating small portions, and I know I am not drinking as much water as I should. I also need to get the exercise thing going. What it boils down to is just like MJ said today, I am not making myself the most important thing. It is hard when everyone is wanting something from you, but that is what I need to stop doing. We can't take care of anyone else if we don't take care of ourselves.

Missy I can't wait to hear how tomorrow goes for you. I think the blog is a wonderful idea.

Sandy keep up the good work. Even though I wasn't playing last month I decided I was going to send you a FQ. I keep forgetting to send it.(sorry)But I have it ready to go now and I promise to remember to send it out tomorrow

Missy I just realized I have never heard what type of quilting you like to do, or what your taste is. Country, contemporary,art quilts? It just crossed my mind when you were talking about your blog. I don't know why.
    Old 05-20-2011, 02:54 AM

Good morning losers!

Missy, believing for the very best for you this morning.

Apologies for not posting more. There is so much to do. I don't see an end in sight. Eating continues to go well. I don't drink enough water nor the green tea 3x daily and still being successful. If I EVER get my Synvisc injections, I'll walk more.

Have a blessed Friday my friends.
    Old 05-20-2011, 03:20 AM

i just have 2.5 blocks and the kites to do, then i'll have all my blocks on my jane done.......have to lay it aside for a while anyway....
    Old 05-20-2011, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    I am glad everyone is doing well. My weight was down a little this morning but I am not losing anything close to the way I was before I stalled out. I know I need to really start counting my calories instead of just eating small portions, and I know I am not drinking as much water as I should. I also need to get the exercise thing going. What it boils down to is just like MJ said today, I am not making myself the most important thing. It is hard when everyone is wanting something from you, but that is what I need to stop doing. We can't take care of anyone else if we don't take care of ourselves.

Missy I can't wait to hear how tomorrow goes for you. I think the blog is a wonderful idea.

Sandy keep up the good work. Even though I wasn't playing last month I decided I was going to send you a FQ. I keep forgetting to send it.(sorry)But I have it ready to go now and I promise to remember to send it out tomorrow

Missy I just realized I have never heard what type of quilting you like to do, or what your taste is. Country, contemporary,art quilts? It just crossed my mind when you were talking about your blog. I don't know why.
    I enjoying making quilts that are challenging. I also like to make the classics too. I love stained-glass quilting. I enjoy applique because I can do it while watching tv or sitting at my laptop. :) Thank you so much for asking!

Missy
    Old 05-20-2011, 05:43 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Mary, doesn't walking on rough ground bother your feet more? I do better on smooth surfaces like asphalt.

Gambi - sounds like you and I are in the same position. I had another injection Monday and am waiting for the call from the nuerologist/neurosurgeon. SI joint and iliopsoas muscle down outside of the leg rather than the sciatic nerve down the back of the leg. Such fun.

My weight was down a bit this morning. I was pleasantly surprised. I truly will be satisfied this month to just stay the same with all that's been going on. Though, of course, I'll be doing a modified happy dance if I lose my usual two pounds. Slow and steady wins the race.
    I'm glad to see your weight is dropping again. Those of us that have trouble walking are not as lucky at losing as those that can. I don't have alot of choice where I walk. The pasture is soft from the grass.My husband mowed a wide strip for me. I live way out in the country so the nearest paved road is 2 miles away and the nearest sidewalk is 15 miles. The nearest gym or mall is 45 miles.I'm sure sore footed though. Doctor said take it easy the weight loss will help my condition. I would imagine weight loss helps anyone overweight.lolGood luck with your weight loss and hope you feel better. Mary
    Old 05-20-2011, 06:59 AM

I DID IT!!! I DID IT!!!

I LOST ANOTHER 6.6 POUNDS!! I HAVE LOST OVER 80 POUNDS!!! I AM SOO EXCITED!! All I had to lose was 0.8 pounds and I ended up losing 6.6!!! YAYAYAY!!

I just had to share this with my internet family!!!

SOOOO HAPPY!!!!

Surgery in 5 days!!!!!

Missy
    Old 05-20-2011, 07:31 AM

Excellent, Missy!!! Now all you have to hold the line and your five days will pass quickly. We knew you could do it. What's your May total? I think I see some FQs in your future.
    Old 05-20-2011, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Excellent, Missy!!! Now all you have to hold the line and your five days will pass quickly. We knew you could do it. What's your May total? I think I see some FQs in your future.
    I have lost about 24 pounds this month. I think that the time will pass quickly too. I am just so happy right now!!

Missy
    Old 05-20-2011, 08:03 AM

Missy, WTG girl! You did a wonderful job of staying focused - something I could learn from you.

DOING HAPPY DANCE WITH YOU!!!
    Old 05-20-2011, 08:08 AM

Missy.............I am excited for you. I knew you would be much lower than you wanted to be. Congrats. You will be successful in your weight loss after surgery.

My loss is staying the same, not much changes happening there. good thing is that i am not gaining.

I am working on my sewing area and living room today. Really need to work in the kitchen before I head out of town for weekend. Going on a bus trip to 8 quilt stores in the area.

Cindy