Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-20-2011, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Leann
    Missy, WTG girl! You did a wonderful job of staying focused - something I could learn from you.

DOING HAPPY DANCE WITH YOU!!!
    I am dancing too!!!

Missy
    Old 05-20-2011, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
    Missy.............I am excited for you. I knew you would be much lower than you wanted to be. Congrats. You will be successful in your weight loss after surgery.

My loss is staying the same, not much changes happening there. good thing is that i am not gaining.

I am working on my sewing area and living room today. Really need to work in the kitchen before I head out of town for weekend. Going on a bus trip to 8 quilt stores in the area.

Cindy
    Thank you so so much Cindy!!

Missy
    Old 05-20-2011, 08:27 AM

Missy, WOOO HOOOO you go girl!!! You rock! I am so happy for you. I knew you would do it! I had faith in you. Oh, I know you must be elated to be below the 400 lb mark also. You have done such a great job of losing. You inspire me!!!! Okay, you met your goal, and I said I was going to send you a FQ when you met your goal. So please PM me your address so I can get a FQ out to you.

Cindy, enjoy your bus shopping at all the stores.

I'm so excited. My bend angle at PT was 87 degrees this morning. WOO HOOO Just 3 more degrees to make my Dr happy and I know I will reach that by next Wed, when I see the Dr again. I will NOT have to go back into the hospital and have my knee manipulated. I'm so excited. I've had several "improvements" this week. I can now put my socks on myself. Sounds easy but it's not when your knee has suffered trauma. I showered and shaved my legs without assistance. I know my DH was glad for me to reach this point. And, on the bike this morning in PT, instead of just rocking the wheel back and forth, I was able to make complete circles 4 times, within the 15 minutes of time I was on the bike. Yeah me!!!! It's been 5 wks since surgery and I am finally seeing and feeling improvements. Feels so good. I went through more clothes in my closet and found several more tops that fit me again, and several pair of pants that are now TOO BIG for me. Boy, did that feel good. I will NEVER wear those pants again, as I vow to never be this big again. I am planning to cut those pants up into quilt squares. I just had an idea. Maybe I should make a quilt out of my "big" clothes. As I lose more and more weight, and more and more of my clothes become too big, I will cut them up into quilt squares. That way the quilt will be a reminder of how far I have come and maybe help keep me focused and on track, so I will never go back to being big again. I hope you all have a good weekend. Keep making healthy choices. Big hugs to all, Sandy
    Old 05-20-2011, 08:28 AM

Good for you Missy! Now the pressure is not so great for you and you can relax a little & enjoy your accomplishment!
    Old 05-20-2011, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
    Missy, WOOO HOOOO you go girl!!! You rock! I am so happy for you. I knew you would do it! I had faith in you. Oh, I know you must be elated to be below the 400 lb mark also. You have done such a great job of losing. You inspire me!!!! Okay, you met your goal, and I said I was going to send you a FQ when you met your goal. So please PM me your address so I can get a FQ out to you.

Cindy, enjoy your bus shopping at all the stores.

I'm so excited. My bend angle at PT was 87 degrees this morning. WOO HOOO Just 3 more degrees to make my Dr happy and I know I will reach that by next Wed, when I see the Dr again. I will NOT have to go back into the hospital and have my knee manipulated. I'm so excited. I've had several "improvements" this week. I can now put my socks on myself. Sounds easy but it's not when your knee has suffered trauma. I showered and shaved my legs without assistance. I know my DH was glad for me to reach this point. And, on the bike this morning in PT, instead of just rocking the wheel back and forth, I was able to make complete circles 4 times, within the 15 minutes of time I was on the bike. Yeah me!!!! It's been 5 wks since surgery and I am finally seeing and feeling improvements. Feels so good. I went through more clothes in my closet and found several more tops that fit me again, and several pair of pants that are now TOO BIG for me. Boy, did that feel good. I will NEVER wear those pants again, as I vow to never be this big again. I am planning to cut those pants up into quilt squares. I just had an idea. Maybe I should make a quilt out of my "big" clothes. As I lose more and more weight, and more and more of my clothes become too big, I will cut them up into quilt squares. That way the quilt will be a reminder of how far I have come and maybe help keep me focused and on track, so I will never go back to being big again. I hope you all have a good weekend. Keep making healthy choices. Big hugs to all, Sandy
    Oh thank you!!! I am so happy for you too!!!

Missy
    Old 05-20-2011, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Maggiemay
    Good for you Missy! Now the pressure is not so great for you and you can relax a little & enjoy your accomplishment!
    Yes I can relax now! Thank you so much!!

Missy
    Old 05-20-2011, 09:44 AM

Missy, congratulations. I knew you could do. I'm so excited for you. WOW 5 more days till surgery! Good for you.

Sandy, it's so good to hear of your improvments. Hang in there and things will get better. Love your idea for a "big clothes" quilt.
    Old 05-20-2011, 11:36 AM

Missy--That's wonderful! I,too, said I would send you a FQ when you met your goal, so PM me your address and tell me what color, print, design you want. You worked so hard you deserve it!
    Old 05-20-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    Missy, congratulations. I knew you could do. I'm so excited for you. WOW 5 more days till surgery! Good for you.

Sandy, it's so good to hear of your improvments. Hang in there and things will get better. Love your idea for a "big clothes" quilt.
    Thank you so much! I think the quilt idea is great! 5 more days and I cannot wait to be wheeled into surgery!! You can count on me screaming I did it! I did it! All the way to the OR. LOL!

Missy
    Old 05-20-2011, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by patc328
    Missy--That's wonderful! I,too, said I would send you a FQ when you met your goal, so PM me your address and tell me what color, print, design you want. You worked so hard you deserve it!
    Thank you so so much!! I am still in a bit of shock that I am under 400...wow...I am loving it though!!

Missy