Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-20-2011, 04:02 PM

OH Missy I have the biggest grin on my face soooo happy for you. That ugly "4" gone forever. What a good felling that must be.
    Sandy that is wonderful news. Not having to go back to have work on your knee again is the best news.
    Everyone, keep up the good work and I'll talk to you all later.
    Gail
    Old 05-20-2011, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
    OH Missy I have the biggest grin on my face soooo happy for you. That ugly "4" gone forever. What a good felling that must be.
    Sandy that is wonderful news. Not having to go back to have work on your knee again is the best news.
    Everyone, keep up the good work and I'll talk to you all later.
    Gail
    YES!! Gone gone gone FOREVER gone!!

Missy
    Old 05-20-2011, 04:36 PM

Congrats Missy on the weight loss!!

I finally lost another 2 pounds. So, that's a total of 14 pounds (don't know why my ticker says 15) since my doctor's appointment March 1. The good news is that it is fat and not water weight.
    Woo hoo!

BTW, my Goal is 31 pounds before next doctor's appt. in September. I figured if I could do 30, I could do 31.

Stephanie
    Old 05-20-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by IAmCatOwned
    Congrats Missy on the weight loss!!

I finally lost another 2 pounds. So, that's a total of 14 pounds (don't know why my ticker says 15) since my doctor's appointment March 1. The good news is that it is fat and not water weight.
    Woo hoo!

BTW, my Goal is 31 pounds before next doctor's appt. in September. I figured if I could do 30, I could do 31.

Stephanie
    Thank you so much Stephanie!

Missy
    Old 05-20-2011, 04:56 PM

I don't want to be the voice of doom, but in my experience, the lower the weight goes, the slower it goes. I swear my body loves the last 15 pounds and won't give them up. Yes, I am familiar with the 'setpoint' theory, but prefer to think I am in control. I have to keep saying slow and steady wins the race.

Just walked the dogs over two miles through the woods. It has a better workout this time of year because with so many trees and branches down, I end marching like my old majorette days. Boy, was that a long time ago.

Onward and downward in pounds! Onward and upward in improved health for all of us!!

Off to start FMQ the purple people wrapper (my daughter's b day quilt). I wish I was better at it. I can only keep trying - gee, does that sound familiar????
    Old 05-20-2011, 05:36 PM

It is not just my weight loss surgery thread. Not at all. I am just a frequent poster here. These ladies have been with me throughout my journey towards getting the surgery.

Everyone here is on a weight loss journey. We are all doing it in different ways but the end goal is to be healthy. We encourage one another and are there to help if one of us stumbles.

The Prize part of this is that the one that loses the most weight during the month will get a FQ from each person participating in the challenge.

I do not want you to think this group is just about me because it really isn't at all.

Missy
    Old 05-20-2011, 05:48 PM

So much excitement here today! We could sure use some rain in Texas for those of you getting tired of it. I keep washing my car to bring it on. It used to work that way.

Sandy, SO glad that your knees mobility is increasing. What kind of pain do you have? I LOVE your idea about making a quilt from 'fat' clothes. Your clothes must be in much better shape than mine - I mostly stay in sweats cuz of the elastic. Once I can get back into my jeans, I'm gonna cut every single item that has elastic and use them for hand rags.

Ritasmom, I'm on both Fitness Pal and Spark People and prefer Spark People - maybe cuz it fit me better? I have my own page where I can blog, posts pix, etc, never got that far with Fitness Pal. I think they both have tons of recipes.

Irish, love what you call your DDs bd quilt. Have you posted a photo yet? I agree with you, setpoint theory may be valid, but in my mind - I control my destination. Believing in that theory will be a hindrance to my progress.

Missy, don't you let failure cross your mind. You have proven without a doubt that YOU are in control. And don't you be afraid of success, either.

Stephanie, so are you halfway to your Sept goal, or is that an additional 30#? Congratulations on the 14 lost!

MJ, hope things are re-connected at your place.

Have a happy weekend to you all. We are almost done with May.
    Old 05-20-2011, 05:53 PM

This thread is for all of us. We just get excited when someone is successful - there's nothing wrong with that. Some of us signed up for the May challenge and are eligible for the prize of a FQ from each participant. Some are following along without joining and hopefully will join the June challenge. All are welcome to post anything reasonable at any time. Me, I join every month not expecting to win, but expecting support and a sense of camaraderie, so in that respect I am a winner.
    Old 05-20-2011, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    This thread is for all of us. We just get excited when someone is successful - there's nothing wrong with that. Some of us signed up for the May challenge and are eligible for the prize of a FQ from each participant. Some are following along without joining and hopefully will join the June challenge. All are welcome to post anything reasonable at any time. Me, I join every month not expecting to win, but expecting support and a sense of camaraderie, so in that respect I am a winner.
    Very well put!

Missy
    Old 05-20-2011, 06:09 PM

Good Evening Gang,

I skipped my walk today due to the unknown time my friend was going to show for my furniture. *sigh* He didn't show until after one.
    I paced around for a while until I finally just threw myself into cleaning my old/now new again sewing room. (It was originally my sewing room, then I got booted to the downstairs room, then booted once again, to the dining room. Now, I'm back in my original sewing room. WooHoo! It's in there, just not back together yet because I'm too anal about how I want it in there, lol.

I now have a bed and a dining room table. Unfortunately, they both smell like smoke. I'm soaking the bed in Fabreeze and carpet cleaner. But, by the smell of it, I'll be working on it all week long.

I finally wrangled the kid to meet me tomorrow so I can get his Senior pics done. I've been trying to get him to cooperate for over a month now. His mother has even called me to complain that I haven't gotten them done. I had to explain to her that I have bent over backwards trying to get him to meet me for a sitting but between the weather and his disinterest, it was impossible.
    So, tomorrow morning, as it's supposed to be fairly good weather, I'm getting the kid to sit for his pictures if I have to staple him down!

So today's stats:

Exercise: :thumbdown: Skipped my walk, but I did do some stair climbing and lugging furniture.
    Water: :?: I think I did good, didn't really pay close attention, but I seem to always have water or tea in my hand.

Food: Ehhh....still no real appetite. Had a fruit and veggie smoothie. no snacks but only cherries and a salad for dinner. (I wanted popcorn, but compromised by tossing a few chipotle sunflower seeds in my salad.) and DARN, I just realized I forgot to put jalapenos in my salad!

Most likely going to skip my walk tomorrow morning as I have to meet the kid before 8 and it's an hour drive. Can't walk our back country roads without proper light. I'd either sprain my ankle or get rain over by a tractor! lol