Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-23-2011, 01:24 PM

I had a diabetic reaction this am so my exercise for the day and morning eating plan both went out the window. Am starting to feel better now so I think I'll be O.K. for supper.

Prayers go out to those in Joplin and Minnesota. Yes the weather has been strange.

MJ I sent my FQ to Sandy.
    Old 05-23-2011, 02:12 PM

Well this weekend went alot better than i had thought.
    I had 1 small piece of anniversary cake and 1margirita (wanted 2or3) and then went to a movie with family and skipped the peanut m&m's, twislers,recesses, popcorn and rootbeer. . i chewed gum!
    Its not easy, but exercizing first thing in the morning and then making good food choices throughout the day REALLY help to not cheat, because I am really only cheating myself!
    Great work everyone!! only 1 week left this month !
    keep up the good work.
    And did I miss Missys last post before surgery?? what is the actual day of surgery? . . were all rootin for ya!
    Old 05-23-2011, 03:41 PM

Hello, hello. Been without internet all day. My guys are going nuts. I'm the one who has to fix it all and stay on the phone for tech support. But, it is done.

Yes MJ, Sandy should have my FQ. Mailed hers and Ritasmom at the same time. I use the manila envelopes also.

Has been a stressful day - not just because the internet. Called BCBS this morning, asking about coverage, when I learned that because I "upgraded" my policy with a lower deductible in March, with my premium more than doubling, everything I was treated for last year is now excluded from coverage. Those kinds of trainwrecks are exactly what drives me to binge on everything, but it was not even a consideration. Now, more than ever, I HAVE to get my weight WAY DOWN to be good to my knees. DH still wants me to order the Synvisc and get it injected - our cost is $800 from a Canadian RX.

Thanks for listening to me whine.

Can't wait for an update from Missy.
    Old 05-23-2011, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Leann
    Hello, hello. Been without internet all day. My guys are going nuts. I'm the one who has to fix it all and stay on the phone for tech support. But, it is done.

Yes MJ, Sandy should have my FQ. Mailed hers and Ritasmom at the same time. I use the manila envelopes also.

Has been a stressful day - not just because the internet. Called BCBS this morning, asking about coverage, when I learned that because I "upgraded" my policy with a lower deductible in March, with my premium more than doubling, everything I was treated for last year is now excluded from coverage. Those kinds of trainwrecks are exactly what drives me to binge on everything, but it was not even a consideration. Now, more than ever, I HAVE to get my weight WAY DOWN to be good to my knees. DH still wants me to order the Synvisc and get it injected - our cost is $800 from a Canadian RX.

Thanks for listening to me whine.

Can't wait for an update from Missy.
    Lynne,
    Have you check with the pharmacies in India? I ordered my dh meds there and saved hundreds. We could see no difference, they even came in the same package.

I'm not recommending either way, just letting you know there may be a less expensive solution.
    I've been researching medical procedures in India, they call it "medical tourism". Much less expensive with the same results.
    Old 05-23-2011, 04:22 PM

MJ, How do you work with your doctor and the India pharmacies?

Managed the walk without any balance problems. Liliana won't let me fall. Last year when I was casted after surgery, I started to upset twice in the kitchen. She came from two rooms away to brace herself against me each time.
    We did get rained on, but that's becoming an evening thing here. Did I get transported to Seattle and not know it? Makes my hair too curly, but I'm not going anywhere. Just back to the sewing machine. That purple quilt is growing exponentially under the presser foot.

Dinner was good. The spicy pork and a salad with pecans, strawberries, raspberries, etc. Now I have to not do my evening snacking - it's not in the plan for today.
    Old 05-23-2011, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Irishrose-please PM me your address.I would like to send you 2 pkgs of needles in 2 different sizes. These are the ones I mentioned on here. They were made in germany.The brand is SCHMETZ I'm not sure of the sizes.They are long though.Well ladies I have lost a whopping 4 lbs. Thanks for all the help. I know that's no where near what alot have lost. But that's fine with me.I went to a bbq for my grand=daughters graduation yesterday.I didn't blow it to bad. We were just across the road from my home. When we got home about 6pm It started storming. I guess by now everyone knows about the tornado that hit Joplin Mo. That is about 100 miles from here.As that storm passed through it was very severe.We are fine but the poor folks in Joplin. God be with them.Hope everyone will keep those poor people in their prayers.Gotta go walk my 2 acres. Mary
    Well that's great,I lost 90 pounds in 3 yrs,so about 3 pounds a month.So it does add up.I am at a stand still myself.In fact my doctor put me on meloxicam,in 2 days,I put on 8 pounds of water weight already,so don't know if I can take it.Plus it's making me feel really tired.But will take some water pills and see if it helps.Plus I'm thirsty more,drinking tons of water.Yuk,feel like a floating battleship.No fat quarters for me I'm afraid.So,hang with it.Next month we all ought to be doing a little better,as for most of us,it is our first month at this,so we should be getting better and getting the hang of it.Hopefully anyway.So,4 pounds is good I think.With my 8 pound water gain,I'm only down to 7 pound loss now.Which is still good for me.So,I'll take it.Hang in there,it adds up.I'm proof it does.
    Old 05-23-2011, 04:25 PM

Okay...I weighed in this morning and it showed a 5 pound gain! I freaked out. So I went home and drank my shakes and took my water pills. That did the trick I think. I went back and weighed in again and only showed a 2.6 pound gain from last Friday. The surgeon here and the nurse both think it is fluid retention. I am not worried anymore.

We leave in the morning for Sioux Falls and will arrive late in the afternoon.

I am going to weigh in again in the morning and then on Wednesday when I see the surgeon for my pre-op visit. Surgery is 6 am on Thursday.

I hope to be released on Friday and back home that afternoon.

I will write in as soon as I can.

I hope everyone is doing well and if y'all are the praying type then please pray that my weight doesn't go up again that it goes down in the morning and down even further on Wednesday.

Thank you guys for everything and I will write in as soon as I can.

LOVE YALL!!

Missy
    Old 05-23-2011, 05:12 PM

Good Evening Gang,

Water intake: A++ no more worries there, I am back to drinking above and beyond.

Eating: I've done good. Just finished my dinner salad.

Exercise: Also an A++ went on my five mile walk this morning. (today there were dogs, but neither did more than charge at me and growl, I can live with that) Mowed my lawn this afternoon (which is also a workout!)

I finally got to touch my sewing machine! Not to quilt, but at least I got to sew. I made a bed skirt for the guest bed and a matching tablecloth to hide the fact that the nightstand is actually my safe. I would have kept sewing but I really needed to mow before the next rainstorm made my yard a swamp. Five minutes after I put the mower back into the garage, the rain came down hard.

Tomorrow I need to repaint the guestroom dresser as it completely clashes with everything else. (bright blue has a way of doing that, lol)

Oh gosh, I was supposed to weigh in today. Guess I'll have to do it tomorrow instead. I hate stepping on that dang scale!
    Old 05-23-2011, 06:01 PM

Missy, you are in my prayers, Sweetie. I've had a busy work day, but I sure have felt blah all day. I had a challenge to keep myself out of the kitchen. I have nothing fattening to eat in my house, but I could rack up the lbs by eating too much of something. I just kept drinking more water. I think I'm going to go on to bed. I have PT at 7 AM tomorrow. I hope you all have a good night. Sandy
    Old 05-23-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
    Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Irishrose-please PM me your address.I would like to send you 2 pkgs of needles in 2 different sizes. These are the ones I mentioned on here. They were made in germany.The brand is SCHMETZ I'm not sure of the sizes.They are long though.Well ladies I have lost a whopping 4 lbs. Thanks for all the help. I know that's no where near what alot have lost. But that's fine with me.I went to a bbq for my grand=daughters graduation yesterday.I didn't blow it to bad. We were just across the road from my home. When we got home about 6pm It started storming. I guess by now everyone knows about the tornado that hit Joplin Mo. That is about 100 miles from here.As that storm passed through it was very severe.We are fine but the poor folks in Joplin. God be with them.Hope everyone will keep those poor people in their prayers.Gotta go walk my 2 acres. Mary
    Well that's great,I lost 90 pounds in 3 yrs,so about 3 pounds a month.So it does add up.I am at a stand still myself.In fact my doctor put me on meloxicam,in 2 days,I put on 8 pounds of water weight already,so don't know if I can take it.Plus it's making me feel really tired.But will take some water pills and see if it helps.Plus I'm thirsty more,drinking tons of water.Yuk,feel like a floating battleship.No fat quarters for me I'm afraid.So,hang with it.Next month we all ought to be doing a little better,as for most of us,it is our first month at this,so we should be getting better and getting the hang of it.Hopefully anyway.So,4 pounds is good I think.With my 8 pound water gain,I'm only down to 7 pound loss now.Which is still good for me.So,I'll take it.Hang in there,it adds up.I'm proof it does.
    Xylie, what does Meloxicam do? My ortho has had me on it for over a year to reduce swelling in my knees. Lynne