Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-26-2011, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Good morning!
    This is going to be a great day!
    Say it!
    Believe it!

We will accomplish today what we could not do yesterday...whether it be through time constraints, energy, attitude or just plain bull-headedness, TODAY we will be successful!

Remember Missy today...but my prayers are with all of you, I pray for your healthy success.
    I keep saying it, I just have to make myself believe it.

No, really, today has to be a good day. I really need it to be a good day.

Karen
    Old 05-26-2011, 08:29 AM
    Power Poster

Good day everyone. Hope your all safe and losing well. I've not had a walk yet it's been raining for the last 2 days. Seems drier today but is still muddy. I been sticking to the food plan though and of course lots of water. I happen to be one who loves water and always drink lots of it. Hope Missy is doing well.I'm so glad she made her weight goal so she can have her surgery.I know there are alot of us on here praying for her and ourselfs.I did find out finally my friend and her family in Joplin Mo. are safe. her son is a police offier and his wife is a nurse. So they are very busy but safe.Mary
    Old 05-26-2011, 08:56 AM

The sun is coming out. Woohoo! Yesterday was so cold and wet, the sun is appreciated. I over ate yesterday as moving furniture is rather painful for me at this stage in my life. I didn't gain any weight. Another woohoo!

Now to start finding new homes for all the misplaced furniture and knickknacks. I see a few trips to the local thrift shops in my future. Garage sales are too much work. Second Chance helps fund the local the women's shelter, so they're my first drop off choice. Oasis was so good to one of my daughters when the need was there. The old TV can go on Freecycle. I don't thing anyone is buying those TVs these days. I'm excited about the prospect of getting all the sewing paraphernalia in one spot.

Today is going to be a good day! Whoops - that's in the future. Make it; Today IS a good day. Keep it in the present, Judy (and everyone else.) Does anyone else talk to themselves?
    Old 05-26-2011, 08:59 AM

Hello again! Day is going well so far. I swam laps for 40 minutes this morning and followed that with a mile walk.

I've been doing good with my food also, so I'll have to see what the afternoon brings.

Thanks for all the support and motivation.
    Old 05-26-2011, 10:02 AM

Not doing so well, weight loss zero, but weight gain zero also. Guess that is a start. Motivation-don't have any.
    Old 05-26-2011, 10:06 AM

Well, so far I seem to be sticking to 5 pounds lost for this month. Only a weekend left!

Need to get in the hang of doing Tai Chi every day. So much rain, I have a hard time even doing the mowing in between.
    Old 05-26-2011, 10:42 AM

We have had nothing but rain for days but I went for a walk anyway yesterday and hardly got wet at all. :D
    I have a sick girl home from school today so I am going to focus on healthy eating. (and sewing)

It is so nice to be a part of a group that is so encouraging!
    May has been a good month for me
    June will be better!
    :D
    Old 05-26-2011, 01:33 PM

Hi all , Been thinking of Missy on and off all day. I pray all is well with her.
    You all sound like your doing great. Happy birthday Ritasmom
    Today was going well with me eating wise but the wind is so strong I can't go on my walk so I cleaned out the linen closet and with every item I was tossing out I made a separate trip to the trash can so got some of my steps in but not like a real walk but better than none.
    DeeDee get those business card and drop them by a few places that will let you leave them on a cork board or on the counter. We have a barber that will do that. Hope you get several leads to more business.
    gail
    Old 05-26-2011, 02:36 PM

Hi Everyone! Thanks for all of the Birthday wishes. I had a very nice birthday. We didn't win gambling but I got a new finch feeder from one daughter and flowers from the other one. DH had me get a quilt kit that I liked earlier this month and then gave me two antique thimbles yesterday, so I feel very blessed to have such a nice family.

I didn't eat terrible yesterday but not great either so I didn't even weigh today. Both of my daughters are going camping this weekend so I made them trail mix and a batch of muddy buddies that I have needed to use up since Christmas. Well wouldn't you know it my hand ended up in them more than once! I don't know why I can't just leave chocolate alone! For me it is best to just not have any around me. I should of just threw it away when I started losing weight instead of trying to use it up. :( But I can't undo it so tomorrow is a new day.

I was hoping to see an update on Missy today. For some reason I thought her surgery was on Wed. until I went back and reread the posts. Hopefully we will hear something soon.
    Old 05-26-2011, 02:48 PM

Rita's Mom, I'm glad you had a good birthday and got some nice gifts. Dont beat yourself up about the eating. Just get back on track and you will be fine. Maybe I shouldn't ask it, on a wt loss thread, but what is a muddy buddy? Maybe you should PM me and tell me.

I drove today for the first time since surgery. YEAH!!!! The Dr did not release me to drive, when I saw him yesterday, but I had an eye appt and DH was in an all day meeting. So, I drove myself and did fine. Had no problem using my right foot to mash the brake. That was my main concern. I'm hoping PT will release me to drive when I go in tomorrow.

I'm going to have BBQ chicken wings and a salad for dinner. I am hungry and hope DH will be home soon. Otherwise, I will go ahead and eat without him. If I wait until after I am REALLY hungry, to eat, I tend to eat more. So, I give him another 1/2 hr, then he's on his own.

I've also had Missy on my mind today. Bless her heart. I pray all went well and she is doing fine. I hope you all have a good night. Be kind to yourself!! Big hugs to all, Sandy