Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-29-2011, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
    Welcome Judy, glad to have you with us.
    Xylei55 you have really well this month keep it up.
    Every day is a new opportunity to do better than yesterday. We are all on the journey. One day at a time or one meal at a time what ever it takes.
    I have my FQ ready for the winner I didn't do very well this month but I'm not here just for the FQ I'm here to get healthy.
    Have a wonderful Sunday and Happy Memorial Day to all.
    Thank you so much,I too need to get a fat quarter,cause I know I'm not winning,but did give it my best shot.As long as we go down the scales.we'll be alright.Even 2 to 3 pounds a month is ok,cause It does add up.And I'd rather keep it off,that's the main thing for me.I'm happy with this months loss.Welcome to all our NEW competitors.Some didn't know there was a weight loss thread on the board.I tell everyone I chat with about it.So,good luck ladies.And welcome back Missy.We missed your posts.
    Old 05-29-2011, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    Welcome Nancia, The June sign up isn't out yet but will be shortly. MJ will post a notice when it's up and running. You've made a great decision by joining this group. We will support and motivate you.

Missy, I'm so glad to hear from you that everything went well. How relieved you must be. My prayers are still with you as you go through this period of transition.

It's Sunday a.m. again and I'm off to face my weekly challenge at church. We are celebrating the graduates today and they are having a huge cake for them (one of my greatest temptations). I'll take it 15 minutes at a time through the morning and I think I can make it.

Yesterday I ate 1 sugar cookie at quilt class and got such a headache I couldn't believe it. I went out for a mile walk to burn it off.

Everyone have a great day and Happy Memorial Day!
    Reading this,I kinda chuckled.It reminded me of this is your Goliath,we all have one,and god never gives us anything temptation wise we can't overcome.It's our thorn in our side.Like saying look,but don't touch.And that is what losing weight is about,and why so many fail at it.You have done so good this month,and getting a headache from 1 cookie,is not good.I'm so proud of you this month.You've done great.
    Old 05-29-2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Glad your back Missy. Hope you heal quickly.Nice to know everything went well. Jeanne make sure no cake falls into your tummy.Good luck girl. Mombasil join this group and you will have lots of support. And if you are not the top loser it will only cost you 1 fat quarter.And if you win look at all the fat quarters you'll get.I have only lost 4 lbs so far this month. BUT if I hadn't joined I WOULD NOT HAVE LOST ANYTHING.So good luck to all and as usual thanks for your support. Have a great weekend.here is a little recipe for the bbq- I like to thinly slice a chicken breast in long strips. cut onion into hunks like quartered only smaller. thin slice zuchini cut bell pepper into squares about 1". cut turkey bacon into 2" lengths also need mandarin oranges. On skewers put 1 piece of pepper,1 quarter onion,1 slice chicken woven on like you baste a piece of fabric. 1 zuchinni.wrap a piece of turkey around 1 orange segment and put on skewer add 1 pepper.1 zuchinni.and 1 onion marinate in a mixture of bbq sauce and low fat italian dressing. sprinkle with onion powder and garlic powder black pepper if you want. Grill on bbq till meat is done. This is really good over brown rice. It may be a bit of a extra but once in awhile you need something more.It's not like you ate a brownie or anything.Enjoy Mary
    Sounds yummy!Thanks
    Old 05-29-2011, 04:06 PM

Okay, I weighed myself today for the final time this month. Lost a total of 4 lbs. Really lost more but gained it back. LOL. I will take the 4 lbs. So, I know I will be sending a fat quarter to some lucky person.

Karen
    Old 05-29-2011, 05:04 PM

I'm about to confess a deep, dark secret that now all of you will know. I AM A SECRET LATE NIGHT SNACKER. I GRAZE ALL NIGHT LONG.

To combat this weakness, I am sharing a few of my secrets.

I have to snack. It is just IN me. So this is what I do:

for chocolate, I eat chocolate animal crackers. 15 = 150 calories.
    for spicy, I eat 1/2 cup cottage cheese mixed with hot salsa, spread on celery.
    for crunchy, I eat oyster crackers seasoned with ranch dressing mix. pour a whole pkg of crackers with one pkg ranch dressing. spritz the crackers with veggie oil so the ranch dressing sticks. Stir and bake in the oven at 250 for 20 min. Stir at 10 mins intervals.
    for creamy, I crave ice cream so I have 2 solutions: 1 is blue bunny no sugar added ice cream. It really is delicious.
    The second is a soft cone from McDonalds. Theirs is made of yogurt and the lowest calorie indulgence around. 150 calories

Now you know...ssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhh, please don't tell!

;)
    Old 05-30-2011, 02:21 AM

Good morning everyone! This is starting out to be not a good day.

Yesterday didn't go real good at church. I ate a cookie and licked off a spatula which is better than it could have been. I didn't exercise but still managed to stay within my calorie range.

It stormed real bad in the afternoon but only lasted about 3 hours so my DGS grilled out for supper. I ate 1 brat which really went against my gastroparesis so I felt bad all night - didn't get much sleep and feel just dragged out this morning. Hope today is better, I know I'm gonna need a nap this afternoon.

I lost 5.5 lbs. this month. Not a winner so am getting my FQ ready to go but I'm happy with it.

MJ your secret is safe with me!
    Old 05-30-2011, 02:46 AM

Jeanne,
    thank you for keeping my secret! LOL!

Two low calorie delicious drinks:

Coconut pineapple flavored water from Walmart over ice-can we say pina colada without the calories? If you like yours creamy, add a splash of sugar free coffee creamer (liquid french vanilla)

Latte, or frappe? Via Starbucks instant coffee tubes in bottle of water, one sweetener, splash of s/f vanilla creamer, yum. Mix with ice for frappe, or over the rocks, makes 20 ounces.
    Old 05-30-2011, 04:22 AM

Good Morning,

I'm back from my trip to Missouri to pick up my girls. My sis ended up going with me so if the BIL tried to report the truck stolen, it would do him no good. Only drawbacks were a) sis tries to force-feed me unhealthy stuff and nags me if I don't order anything. and b) she had to work in Chicago, so we came home via Chicago. That would have been fine as I love killing time wandering around Chicago, but we were stuck in a downpour most of the day.

Other than the bad weather, the trip was good. Stayed in places that had pools, so the girls and I spent the evening in there. I got to exercise and they got to burn off energy. Dropped Sis and the littlest one at a children's museum while we went into a Hancock's Fabric! Haven't been able to go into one of those in years! Found a couple fabrics I was looking for and some great deals! I want a Hancock's near me!!

I just stepped on the scales and I weight the same as I did when I left. Totally amazed, but not complaining!
    Old 05-30-2011, 04:57 AM

MJ, your secret is safe with us. Rather than be concerned about it, plan it. If the evening snacks are in your food plan, then you're good to go. The Pina Colada sounds good. I'll have to see if I can find it NOT sugarfree.

Jeanne, put one cookie from coffee hour in your food plan. That way you give up the feelings of 'guilt' associated with having it. Guilt isn't good for our minds or bodies. Think of the the fun you'll have choosing just one cookie each week. The frosting? Better to skip it if you have unstable blood sugar.

scrapnmom and others with acid problems, Google 'food combining' and in particular "Great Taste, No Pain" by Sherry Bescia. It's a tough concept to work your mind around, but it does work.

I went to a b'day party for my oldest great grandson last evening. My darling granddaughter made gluten free brownies for another guest and me. My daughter made GF macaroni salad. No one has ever bothered to do this, so I was very touched and enjoyed every bite. That means I did not combine my foods correctly at that meal, but my stomach acid problems are a thing of the past, so it's not a concern for me at this time.

Today? Eat in moderation and plant flowers. That will go slowly as I am behind on the winter clean up, so I need do that as I go. Have a good day, y'all.
    Old 05-30-2011, 05:25 AM

Well I missed out on May, will you do June? would be glad to join