Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-31-2011, 10:45 AM

grandmk, i think i just might adopt your exercise routine! i do a lot of lying around and some sitting. once in a while i take the dogs for a walk, but they are as out of shape as i am .the first half of the walk they pull me and the second half i drag them home. 2 roly poly cocker spaniel divas!. they make me laugh! laughing is exercise, right?
    Old 05-31-2011, 10:48 AM

I am so proud of every one of us that were able to hang tough all month. This group posted some impressive losses!! I congratulate you all.

NanaJulie, praying that June is a month of wellness for you.

GrandmK, I wish you had a video blog showing you 'exercising' in the car. 9.6# lost is phenomenal!

deedee, great to hear that your girls are with you. I am hoping you can find ways to include them in your exercise and have tons of fun.

Scakes, Kudos on your two pounds. You gotta move in the right direction before you can build momentum. Good luck.

MJ, you have been the best hostess! Best wishes with your continued journey.

Xylie, you are right, every little pound adds up. I expect June to be a good month for you.

Scrapngmom, excellent job with the 4# loss. That is what I lost in April - I really needed that start. Best wishes next month.

JHolm, I applaud your 5.5# loss this month. Your effort is paying off.

Sandy, you simply amaze me with your losses every month in spite of your limitations! You are the reason I busted my rear this month. You have been my inspiration. My knees still hurt, but they hurt no matter how active/inactive I am. Answer to your PM on its way.

Irish, thank you for being so kind. I've been with this thread 4 months and everyone here is almost family. It will be tough to be away.

DH & I have started cycle 3 of the 17 day diet and so far I am down 18#. My energy levels have returned and I'm walking a lot. When I give blood this week, I'll get my total cholesterol number - I expect it will have improved since a month ago now that I am exercising again. I am considering switching over to the American Diabetes Assoc meal plans since it is lower carb by nature. Gotta do this for DH.

This is probably my last post on this thread...but I will be on the June thread.

Tons of hugs!

Lynne
    Old 05-31-2011, 12:39 PM

i'm watching to see who the winner is, and getting my FG ready to mail. it's not gonna be me. less than 5 lbs. but i'm still a loser.
    Old 05-31-2011, 12:43 PM

I first want to say 'Thank you', Thank you', 'Thank you' to all you wonderful ladies who have made this thread such an amazing place to visit. I feel like I've been thru May's struggles, challenges, surgeries, joys, and triumphs right along with you. One cannot know who is watching these threads and how encouraging your words are to a (silent)someone who is going thru the exact same things. I am no longer going to be 'silent' and am hopping on board for June. I have been going to WW forever.. am a Lifetimer as 2 yrs ago did make my goal long enough to get the LT status. But, am not at my goal weight now so need to pay at each mtg-therefor have been going 1xmonth. This hasn't been working very well, probably should really go every day :-)... I am vertically challenged (under 5 ft) so everything I eat goes one direction-OUTWARDS. If being healthier, having less wear and tear on joints,ability to move around easier,being able to get back into some of the clothes hanging in the closet are not enough of an incentive and a 'stick to it-iveness', maybe that fat quarter will be that 'dangling carrot'. The best to everyone as we all head into June. Pam
    Old 05-31-2011, 12:46 PM

welcome pins . hang in there with us.
    don't forget to jump on the june thread, and say 'i'm in' to make it official , so you can get counted...
    Old 05-31-2011, 01:09 PM

Welcome to all the new "Losers" :)

May didn't go as well as planned but I still lost and that is still progress, so I will take it! I posted on the June thread that my goal for June is to stop letting myself slack off and start exercising for real not just a walk every now and then. I did make it to the goal I set when I started this in March. My goal was to be a certain wight by my birthday on the 25th and I beat that goal by 2 pounds so that is one good thing. I'm moving over to the June thread so congrats to everyone this month!

Has anyone heard from Missy?
    Old 05-31-2011, 03:50 PM

Could someone please tell me when the final sign up date is (for June)? There may be too much going on this next month! Moma goes for her results on her liver byopsy on Thursday. I haven't been reading any of the QBEmails this month, I just can't get it all together. Good luck to the winners. And I haven't forgotten that I owe some previous winners.
    Old 06-01-2011, 07:19 AM

I am definitely a "loser" for May. I gained 6 lbs. I haven't posted a lot but I have been reading everyone's psots. Congratulations to all who even lost something. It is amazing how much everyone supports even those of us who had a backslide.

As soon as I get the results to the ugi and get directions on my new diet regimen (having digestive problems), I will get back in the groove for the monthly weight loss even though I know I will not be able to participate for June.

I will be sending my fat quarter as soon as the winner is announced. Have a great day everyone!
    Old 06-01-2011, 07:29 AM

I haven't lost but haven't gained and for me that is a plus. I need to find a good diabetic low carb diet to follow. I will be happy to send the biggest loser a fat quarter! Whoever it is, good job, way to go, congratulations!!!!!! That is inspiration for me to join again this month.
    Old 06-01-2011, 07:51 AM

I lost two pounds this month and though I didn't gain I am pretty disappointed with that. At this rate (2# per month) it's going to take me five years to loose the remaining weight. I've come a long long way but I think I'm going to go the lap band way now and get to my goal once and for all. I'll be happy to send my FQ to the biggest looser this month but I don't think I'll be signing up for June. Good luck to all.