Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Menopausal Women of the Corn -An Essay >
  • Menopausal Women of the Corn -An Essay

• Menopausal Women of the Corn -An Essay

Old 08-30-2011, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by mymsmess
    I am 44 and have some of those lovely symptoms....oh joy! I had a hysterectomy when I was almost 39. Thes lovely symptoms are such a joy......... NOT !!!!!!!!!!

I always thought PMS was bad.. now I beg to differ..:)
    Old 08-30-2011, 05:05 AM

I fully sympathize. In fact, if possible i have it worse....i know, let's not get into a contest, just hear me out. due to a 2nd mild dose of breast cancer 5 years ago, my oncologist put me on anti-estrogens. so whatever few tiny estrogens *might* have been helping out there are not there any longer.

i truly appreciate the effort to try to keep me from breast cancer a 3rd time, but when a hot cup of coffee causes me to create my personal shower...and then freeze as the sweat dries out rapidly...do you also now put 3 or 4 ice cubes in your coffee :) , have to avoid *all* forms of alcohol because it cause you to become as drenched as by a shower?

the only good thing about it all is i have just received the ok to stop after 5 years and i have hopes that it'll finally get a bit better and taper off....and that sometime, some year i can maybe sleep the night again :D

thank you for sharing and reminding me that i'm not alone...that we're all in this together and have each other to lean on
    Old 08-30-2011, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by greenini
    I fully sympathize. In fact, if possible i have it worse....i know, let's not get into a contest, just hear me out. due to a 2nd mild dose of breast cancer 5 years ago, my oncologist put me on anti-estrogens. so whatever few tiny estrogens *might* have been helping out there are not there any longer.

i truly appreciate the effort to try to keep me from breast cancer a 3rd time, but when a hot cup of coffee causes me to create my personal shower...and then freeze as the sweat dries out rapidly...do you also now put 3 or 4 ice cubes in your coffee :) , have to avoid *all* forms of alcohol because it cause you to become as drenched as by a shower?

the only good thing about it all is i have just received the ok to stop after 5 years and i have hopes that it'll finally get a bit better and taper off....and that sometime, some year i can maybe sleep the night again :D

thank you for sharing and reminding me that i'm not alone...that we're all in this together and have each other to lean on

Greenin: We are all in this together.. I am thrilled you beat the cancer. All my family has passed including a younger sister to cancer and after two bouts I am still walking talking and writing.
    There are so many people that do not understand especially men about what we go through.. Here Here Ladies.. High Fives all around.
    HUGGGGGGG
    Old 08-30-2011, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
    They have medications for menopause--obtain them and give them to your spouse/SO, family, co-workers, and friends!
    Jan.. Now thats one smart idea!!!
    :)
    Old 08-30-2011, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by buslady
    This would be funnier if not sooooo true! Guess if you cant stop em, you might as Well laugh with em! Thanks for the chuckle. I think.
    Bus lady.. Today I feel like I am bloated.. I feel much like this. See Pic below.. yes I could lay eggs too.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-248918.jpe  
    Old 08-30-2011, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by mandyk
    You win the prize for best literature on menopause. Love the "beef walk". Thought it was u ique to me! LOL
    It was to me too.. My son told me about it hahaha
    Old 08-30-2011, 06:01 AM

Greenin: We are all in this together.. I am thrilled you beat the cancer. All my family has passed including a younger sister to cancer and after two bouts I am still walking talking and writing.
    There are so many people that do not understand especially men about what we go through.. Here Here Ladies.. High Fives all around.
    HUGGGGGGG[/quote]

I have a suggestion for those who don't understand : force feed them niacin :) . DH was trying it for lowering blood pressure and got a great hot flash....slip it into their cereal women :evil:
    Old 08-30-2011, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by greenini
    HUGGGGGGG
    I have a suggestion for those who don't understand : force feed them niacin :) . DH was trying it for lowering blood pressure and got a great hot flash....slip it into their cereal women :evil:[/quote]

ahhh Greenini:
    Id suggest some marketing on that.. The women of the world wold buy it for those who do not understand hahaha
    Old 08-30-2011, 06:11 AM

None of the effects of menopause are pleasant, my husband asked me one time if I had taken my hormone, I kept my cool and said yes did you, he never asked me again. Just when I think things are getting better, I get a new hair growth or have a hot flash. I hear that "real women" don't have hot flashes they have power surges :)
    Old 08-30-2011, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by lyndad
    None of the effects of menopause are pleasant, my husband asked me one time if I had taken my hormone, I kept my cool and said yes did you, he never asked me again. Just when I think things are getting better, I get a new hair growth or have a hot flash. I hear that "real women" don't have hot flashes they have power surges :)
    Imagine lyndad how we could power the nation...:)
    I never took a thing .. I rode that sucker out on the rails without a pill. My mother in law said " Oh now I know why>>"

Know what??? LOL