Michiganders

Old 03-03-2010, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
Some of us from Up North should plan a get together too. I live in the N/E.
Definitely, and then as quilters meet in different areas of the state convenient to where they live, we can all share here about the fun we had, where we went, who we met, etc.

Odessa, I think you should definitely go ahead with your idea of getting a group together. It is fun.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by burnsk
Originally Posted by LindaR
I would love to meet but driving alone that far is out of the question for me LOL, I am way up in NE Michigan and thats about a 3/4 hour trip....let us know who showed up
Will do.

I'll be up in Wolverine, just south of Indian River probably in May or June. Will I be anywhere near you? Maybe we can get together. And maybe someone from up in your area will get in on this topic and you can meet and have a little shop hop/lunch. I hope this topic spreads state wide and we can all make new friends.

Have you been to the quilt house in Indian River? The owner is a little bundle of energy and always so enthusiastic about my projects and so helpful if I get stuck. Just wish I didn't live 5 hours from there.
we could meet in Alpena???? they have JoAnn's and a LQS downtown that I know about....should do before summer gets too busy
Old 03-03-2010, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by burnsk
I would love to meet but driving alone that far is out of the question for me LOL, I am way up in NE Michigan and thats about a 3/4 hour trip....let us know who showed up
Will do.

I'll be up in Wolverine, just south of Indian River probably in May or June. Will I be anywhere near you? Maybe we can get together. And maybe someone from up in your area will get in on this topic and you can meet and have a little shop hop/lunch. I hope this topic spreads state wide and we can all make new friends.

Have you been to the quilt house in Indian River? The owner is a little bundle of energy and always so enthusiastic about my projects and so helpful if I get stuck. Just wish I didn't live 5 hours from there.
we could meet in Alpena???? they have JoAnn's and a LQS downtown that I know about....should do before summer gets too busy
As far as I know the LQS downtown Alpena closed about a year ago. All they have is Joann's there is a LQS near Hillman Maybe the Ice house in Grayling? I met Odessa in Mio at a little shop I worked in Alpena for years and their LQS were short lived. Walmart still has a fabric department but downsized.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:26 PM

I have been in the one in Mio, nice shop....
Old 03-03-2010, 06:32 PM

I'd love to go but March is no good for me. Most of my Saturdays this month are involved with playing mom's taxi for the boys. Be sure to post pics.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:29 PM

Okay, Saginaw Bay area quilters, since this IS National Quilting Month, and the 20th is National Quilt day, shall we plan something? If so, suggest your favorite shop and we'll pick one or two to meet at. I don't want to run all over the place (lots of projects, you know), but 2 shops for me would be do-able. If we select 4 shops, and everyone makes an attempt to do at least 2, that would be awesome!

Any takers? I'll suggest Fabric Fair in Downtown Bay City as a place to work from. Anyone else???

Odessa
Old 03-03-2010, 10:26 PM

I am in Mtorris but I would love to go to the fabric fair on the 20th. Things should be quieted down here by then and I will be able to see to drive. If not will have cousin bring me. She goes there a lot but I haven't been yet.

If people let me know ahead of time I can go almost anywhere in the state to meet. Would love to meet everyone of you.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:08 AM

To far away for me I live in Ludington :?
Old 03-04-2010, 04:51 PM

:-) Ok ladies how about Lapeer or oakland county
Old 03-04-2010, 04:55 PM

I live in Midland and we also have a house in Cheboygan. I think that it would be super fun to get together. i love fabric Fair and have also been to the shop in MIo as my Mom lives up there. Haven't been to the shop in Cheboygan yet, but it's in the near future!