Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep  :-) >
  • The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep :-)

• The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep :-)

Old 07-30-2010, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Where are all the night owls roosting? I just put the dogs out for the night(or morning) and am off to bed here soon. Just checking in to see if anyone was up still. It is 1:54am here in SE Iowa. I have a meeting to get to in the morning at 10 am so need to get some sleep abit earlier tonight than 3 am! Not by much tho I guess. I kept thinking I would go to bed at midnight and I got to working on a keychaing and watching a movie I haven't seen before. Sweet Home Alabama. Oh well I'll be up in time.

Good night one and all!! Sweet dreams don't let the bedbugs bite!!
    Great Movie I that one!!! Good night to you!!!
    Old 07-30-2010, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
    I suffer from chronic pain. Mine is my back. It is fused from T-2 to S1. Now I have narrowing in the openings in my cervical spine. It is causing my left arm and hand to always feel like it is itchy and tingly. Like when your foot has gone to sleep and is waking up.

The doctor has tried something really different. He placed needles in my neck with the tip of the needle almost on the nerve. He then heats the needle with radio waves, until the nerve has been killed. This is supposed to give me relief for 12 to 18 months. They can only do one side of the body at a time so I go back in a couple of weeks to have the left side of my neck done.

What a difference. I was able to sew all day today without my fingers going numb. My neck is still swollen and sore, but wow, this is really helping.
    That sounds great I am so glad for you!!!
    Old 07-30-2010, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
    I don't sleep unless I take Tylnel or Advil PM with Melatonin, then when I wake a couple of hours later, I take another med by perscription. I hate having to take anything, but do need get some sleep.
    My right leg pain will wake me up and sometimes I have to get out of bed and try walk around the house. Good thing hubby sleeps through it all.
    I have restless leg syndrome. I have medication to take care of it, but before they figured that out, I never slept. Now I take Ambien or I don't go to sleep. I also take ropinerole for the restless legs morning and evening. If I miss a dose - I can be miserable.
    I also have RLS it is terriable!!! I glad you have some good meds for it!!
    Old 07-30-2010, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl
    Hay ladybugnana,
    Shouldn't be but are taking apart an old machine to see if can figure out the problem. think its just timing, have someone wanting to learn and don't mind working with them, but could use a second working unit w/out spending a bunch. Especially when I think this id just an easy adjustment, sad part is probibly killing it as we type :)
    I have an old machine that I should do that with but I am actually afraid of breaking it more. It's an old treadle that I picked up at a garage sale last fall.
    Old 07-30-2010, 12:17 AM

I'm sitting here wishing I would get sleepy. I really need to get my gumtion going and finish a couple things so they will be done. I think I will sign off. See y'all tomorrow night.
    See ya! Good night!!
    Old 07-30-2010, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Ladybugnana
    Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl
    Hay ladybugnana,
    Shouldn't be but are taking apart an old machine to see if can figure out the problem. think its just timing, have someone wanting to learn and don't mind working with them, but could use a second working unit w/out spending a bunch. Especially when I think this id just an easy adjustment, sad part is probibly killing it as we type :)
    I have an old machine that I should do that with but I am actually afraid of breaking it more. It's an old treadle that I picked up at a garage sale last fall.
    I like the Treadles, have some in the family, wouldn't want to work on it, I've had this for about 15-20 yrs always a nice working machine, know Didn't give over 300 new, at the time that was a lot for me. may check some of the others around here to see if they can be fixed w/a new belt!
    Old 07-30-2010, 12:30 AM

Well, I am going to go read a book and try to sleep...lol. It's 130 and I have to take Zach to preschool at 730. I'll be up for a couple more hours so might check in again. Have a great day tomorrow ladies!
    Old 07-30-2010, 12:39 AM

Good night all should get off here too, really do have things to do tommorrow !!!
    Old 07-30-2010, 12:46 AM

Night all good rest to you
    Old 07-31-2010, 02:24 AM

Looks like I'm the only one with sleep problems tonight. It has been a terrible day. One of those I-can't-believe-he's-gone kind of days. I can't believe my husband would up and die on us and leave so much debt for us to take care of. We are now up the $7000, I don't have the money to just pay these people off. Not only that, but I didn't do the illegal activities, but I get to pay for them. I didn't sign the bad checks. Why should I be held responsible for the nonsense he pulled the 3 years before he died. Isn't it enough that I have to go on and raise my children alone? This just really hurts.

I have been working on a really neat quilt for a special quilter in our forum. It is pink and purple fuzzy fabric (a little like shag carpet only much softer). I backed it with a pink purple and blue squares with snowmen in the squares. The pieces go together so well, I am excited. I couldn't really quilt it because it would smash the furry side so I am tying it from the backing side at the corner of each square. I'm using pink/purple varigated thread and the ties don't even show on the furry side. YOu can still feel the Knots, but they don't show. I used a 100% cotton batting. I'll post pictures when I get the camera back from Sarah.

Yesterday I finished the cutest shoulder bag/backpack. The strap has a zipper in it so you can unzip and the straps are long enough to make a backpack. One is purple panseys with many of the purples I had left after sharing with another quilter. The other is this mod 1970's/80's fabric. The background is lime green and the flowers are hot pink with baby pink polka-dots.

I spent most of my day sitting on my bed putting the final touches on those bags.

I'm getting tired, think I'll try sleeping again.

See you all tomorrow.