Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep  :-) >
  • The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep :-)

• The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep :-)

Old 08-08-2010, 08:23 PM

ruptured disk in 07 closed head injury in 07 brocken back in 76 brocken back in 2002 again in 2009 yep a lot of pain my family is treating to wrap me in bubble wrap broke leg just below the knee in 2005 broke right arm in 3rd grade
    where's the bubble wrap.
    i having second surgery on my neck in october i developed a bone spur on top of a nerve
    told my doc my back was hurting they took exrays and found i have a object inside my spine pushing against my spinal cord going to do a mri next week to see what it is.
    since all the injuries i have oteo arthritis.
    peoplwe just don't understand pain if you are like me you just don't show it i don't want people to feel sorry for me and i am affraid if i stop doing everthing everday i will wind up in a wheel chair
    i will add all of you to my prayers
    god bless each and everone of you
    Old 08-08-2010, 10:32 PM

Minnow: Dealing with chronic pain is hard. Some days I just shut my door and the kids know I am having a hard time. I have lots of bone spurs, and all in the wrong places. I see the orthopedic spine doctor in September. One thing my body does well is grow bone. It just grows it in the wrong places. Yesterday, I couldn't take it anymore and took the extra pain meds I have as rescue drugs.

Hope you sleep well tonight, and have a good day tomorrow, Gwyn
    Old 08-09-2010, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
    Minnow: Dealing with chronic pain is hard. Some days I just shut my door and the kids know I am having a hard time. I have lots of bone spurs, and all in the wrong places. I see the orthopedic spine doctor in September. One thing my body does well is grow bone. It just grows it in the wrong places. Yesterday, I couldn't take it anymore and took the extra pain meds I have as rescue drugs.

Hope you sleep well tonight, and have a good day tomorrow, Gwyn
    i have learned to take my pain meds on a daily basis that does seem to help after the next mri my doc is going to give me somthing to help me sleep better.
    i used to wait to take my pain meds untill i just couldn't take it any more i found myself depressed and gaing a lot of weight and was having even worse of a time sleeping now i take them first thing in the morning i can function much better and am getting a lot more done in the house.
    i have three dogs that help me stay active and they have been helping me put in a new kitchen floor peel and press lonium it is a lot of fun.
    Old 08-09-2010, 10:21 PM

Oh MInnow: I am glad you are doing better. I finally got to take a nap today. It was wonderful. Last night was horrid. I kept needing to use the bathroom and I was so dizzy and unstable. I fell several times, one time I hit my left arm really hard against the window sill. It is very swollen and aches. The rest just left bruises.

I can't take my medication all the time. I only get so much a month and I usually can't even think when I take a whole dose. However, after 2-3 days without any relief, I finally take a whole dose and stay where it is safe to fall asleep.

We are going to replace all the floors in my house with that wood laminate. Two of my girls have used it before and know how to install it. No more carpet or lenolium The whole house will be wood-like. I ordered a gigantic braid rug for the living room and two long ones for the hall ways.
    I wish I could help put it in, but I don't bend well enough to do that. My back is fused from T2-S1.

I'm hoping you have a good night. I'm starting to get tired. I"ll see you tomorrow, Gwyn
    Old 08-10-2010, 01:29 PM

i have rice socks i made at night before bed i usually use them i put them in the microwave it is moist heat much better then a heating pad nights that i am really hurting iput them on my back and neck it just leave the.
    as the night go on they cool off i also don't have to worry about burs which i have got from heating pads and heating pads can cause fires so that took the worry out of them maby i will do a tutorial on here how to make them i am making some as christmas gifts.
    Old 08-12-2010, 02:33 AM

I really thought I would be sleeping tonight. I took all the medication I am allowed because of the pain in my back. I should be zonked, but I'm here typing.

Oh well, I think I'll try again in about an hour. Hope everyone else is doing well. Gwyn
    Old 08-12-2010, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
    I really thought I would be sleeping tonight. I took all the medication I am allowed because of the pain in my back. I should be zonked, but I'm here typing.

Oh well, I think I'll try again in about an hour. Hope everyone else is doing well. Gwyn
    tonught try putting some heat on your the areas where you are having pain i have started doing it religiousle ever night and it does seem to help also if you have restless leg syndrom like me put a bar of soap at the foot of your bed i know it sounds strange but it does help
    god bless and i hope you sleep better tonight
    Old 08-12-2010, 08:38 AM

What kind of soap? I make my own, but could get one for the store. I'll do anything to stop the restless leg syndrome. I have medication and it works pretty well as long as I take it before I have a problem. But if I take it too early, it makes me sick. I have a rice bag so I'll try the heat tonight. Thanks
    Old 08-12-2010, 08:41 AM

they say zest is best but i have a bar of leaver i don't think it really matters i am not on meds for mine although i see my doc this after noon and i am going to ask her for somthing if i go to my parents or away from home i forget a bar of soap
    good luck god bless you
    Old 08-13-2010, 06:04 PM
    Google Goddess

hello eveyone, now 10:03 pm. earlier yet and was just wondering what everyone is doing tonight