Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep  :-) >
  • The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep :-)

• The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep :-)

Old 08-24-2010, 11:26 PM

Woops, you are right. I thougjht I put it in a pm. I think I can remove it. Thanks
    Old 08-25-2010, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    It is really dangerous to post your telephone number. This is an open forum and you never know what kind of a weirdo could be out there.
    i agree with dangerious on posting phone numbers she should pm a person to give numbers if she were to go to help topic it would tell a person how to pm another
    god bless hope you are safe
    Old 08-25-2010, 04:55 PM

I'm not having problems at the moment sleeping, but I have. Several years ago I had an auto accident and messed up my cervical spine (neck). I had nerve blocks, took more pills than is healthy and still had terrible pain and migraines. Until..... massage therapy! No more pills, no more pain. At one point, I was flat on my back for two weeks because of a pinched nerve - i could only walk if I was bent over! That hasn't happened since my angel keeps my muscles and pressure points in check. I go every week! Oh, I had tried chiropractor too - no good. Oh, and most important - after the massage, I use ICE. 15 on 15 off for an hour. Simply magic :)

Originally Posted by Gwyn
    Do you really mean that? Would massage help the pain all over my back and legs and neck? I would fly out to see you if it would. I don't even know how to get a massage...especially since my husband died in April. My feet and hands are swollen. I've read about massage as a healing thing. It would be awesome. Is there anything I can do for myself?
    Old 08-28-2010, 12:57 AM

Anyone up? It's 2am Saturday and I'm wide awake. Read all the new stuff on the postings. Well, have a great day should be a little cooler here, I sure hope so, I'm getting really tired of 100+ weather.
    Old 08-29-2010, 08:17 AM

Hey Gail, I'm in Hesperia, just checked this this morning. Wasn't up late last night because I had to get up early and can. Made 16 half pints of zucchini relish. Like to do taht early, although I'm ready to go back to bed now. Love the cooler weather, hope it stays around awhile. My garden doesn't like the 100+ either, and our electric bill will be over the top from running the AC.
    Old 08-29-2010, 08:59 AM

i went to see my doc on friday to see what the mri says what they thought was somthing inside my spine was a shadow on the exray thank god i reacted to the colestral meds so will start a new pill on october i told my doc the pain is getting worse it is in ever joint and muscle she has diagnosed me with fibromyalgia but treatment will not start for that untill november or december she does not want to flud my system with to much at that point fibromyalgia patients react to to many thing so we have to start one at a time.
    i have been sleeping better but i have had spurts of that at times seems like i am always tired.
    i don't look foprward to the next time i only sleep for a few hours a day.although it seems like my spurts of sleep happen when my body just can't take being awake all the time
    god bless each and everone of you
    Old 08-29-2010, 09:04 AM
    Google Goddess

hello everyone, I went to bed early last night for a change, sure missed all of you, hope to see you again soon
    Old 08-29-2010, 09:10 AM

i have discovered that if i take my pains meds with a carbonated drink ti seems to help my meds work faster and better my doc thinks the carbnonation helps break down the meds not shure but she did suggest this to other patients that deal with cronic pain and she got reports back from them that it did help i take mine with mountian dew she also said that the caffien help pain meds work better so it might be the caffien insted of the carbonation just some thoughts might help
    Old 08-29-2010, 09:57 PM

Hi ya all,
    Benn really busy these past couple of days so I've had to get myself off to bed at a "normal time" Here it is only 10:50 and I feel like it should be 1am. Hey Pat, I think the heat has take a break for a few days. It was really nice today. Minnow895 My neighbor has the same problem as you and she has gotten it to a point where she can do most things most days with a minimum of pain. Do everything the Doctor says and ask lots of questions sometimes they just don't think to tell you things because it is so routine to them. Take care, you will be in my prayers.
    Gail
    Old 08-29-2010, 10:00 PM
    Google Goddess

Hi Everyone, now 1:59 a.m on August 30, 2010

anyone still up?