Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep  :-) >
  • The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep :-)

• The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep :-)

Old 09-29-2010, 05:19 AM

Years ago I got interested in essential oils and went to a woman house to check them out. Wanted to see if I could manage pain and blood pressure and stuff ,was over 10 years ago. Bought a desk reference book from her. Well she passed away anyway. But they have a product formulated for pain, and this stuff in short is formulated by doctors who use them to treat everything from pain to cancer . The hospital is in Utah. I recently contacted these sites because some one I showed the book to a few years back stole it from me. And I want to replace. I will post 2 sites if you want to check them out. No I am not a dealer , however I am thinking of pricing the pain spray or lotion. Can't remember which it came in. And trying it myself. Have bought oils but I get thru a healthfood store because its cheaper. http://www.younglivingessentialoils4u.com/ http://www.resourcesforlivingwell.co...omatherapy.htm
    Old 09-30-2010, 09:51 PM

I know it's early but where is everyone? Been real busy with holiday table runner and finishing up a Christmas quilt.
    Hope you all are doing well and getting a better rest at night.
    Gail
    Old 09-30-2010, 10:08 PM

Playing Egyptian solitaire tournaments on face book heard my e-mail ding!!
    Old 09-30-2010, 10:14 PM

I am with you on the pain with no sleep I find it is so much more worse when I finally go to sleep at 5am and get up at 10am. I started advil pm to get to sleep this week I can only take one it wipes me out if I take two but this is the only thing that helps dr prescribed me cymbalta i took it for 2 days and that was it! I could nto stand the stuff. Hope you get to sleep soon! Jade
    Originally Posted by twistedsheets
    And has anyone noticed that when you are sleep deprived yoour pain is worse? The nerve damage in my arms and hands I notice bother alot more when I am not sleeping enough, and when I finally get myself turned around and sleeping at night, it only lasts about a week, and then I start again with the can't sleep at night! Or am I the only one having this problem!
    Old 10-01-2010, 08:45 AM

Being sleep deprived will make you hurt. You don't have enough resources to help you over come the pain. You can;t think straight. Without rest, your body doesn't have the opportunity heal and rebuild. Ambien really helps me. So does an after lunch nap,tea time,and a good walk.

I have also started a bed time routine that tells my brain it is bedtime. This helps me to be emotionally ready too. Also, I have a sewing project I set out to work on if sleep doesn't last that long or it doesn't happen at all.
    Old 10-03-2010, 10:46 PM

Well it's 11:40 here in So Cal. and none of you have been around since the first of Oct. How are you all doing?
    We found a little lost dog in the neighborhood yesterday and have yet to find the owner. Have posted signs on the light posts but no call yet. I'm hoping that they may have gone away for the weekend and will be looking for her soon. She is very sweet but we cannot keep her. We need to find a home for her very soon.
    Old 10-03-2010, 11:43 PM

It is 1:39 am. I made the mistake of taking my night time pills Sunday morning so I've been sleepy all day. Slept for most of it. Took my morning pills Sunday night and still couldn't sleep anymore so...I think I"ll take my pain medication and see if it will let me sleep at least for a little while.

Gail: I'm sorry I haven't been on much. My laptop is being selective about which keys it will let me use so many of my messages are very difficult to decode. I've been reading the threads a lot. Lots of stuff going on.

I guess I'll try bed again. Nite all
    Old 10-04-2010, 11:56 PM

Good morning anyone. itis now 3:56 am
    Old 10-05-2010, 06:10 AM

I slept! It had been 5 nights, but I slept. My feet are still really swollen and sore, but not as bad as last night I a could hardly walk. I tried rubbing them but nothing seemed to help. I'm hoping today will be less swollen. I'll be back later this evening.
    Old 10-05-2010, 09:45 PM

Oh Gwyn so glad you got some sleep. Hope the swelling is better in your feet. When your feet hurt you hurt all over. Have you called the doctor to see if there is anything you can do to get relief and lessen the swelling? I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers
    Gail