Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep  :-) >
  • The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep :-)

• The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep :-)

Old 10-09-2010, 10:40 PM

Hey Gail, sorry to hear you are hurting, do you take Alleve? My DH relies on that. Where did you go to eat? We had take out subway. ha I canned today, did two sets of zucchini relish. I love canning, but think that is the end of it for this year.
    Well, hope you feel better tomorrow, and remember that we do have class Monday. Several have called asking. Seems like the grade schools are off, but we are on.
    Night all!
    Pat
    Old 10-11-2010, 10:56 PM

Hey guys where are you? Not been having to bad a day the meds for my back have kicked in and they also have helped with the hurting all over. I suppose I'll need to take them on a more regular basis. I hate taking meds. I guess when your nearly 69 you have to expect some problems. Trouble is I have been so lucky with good health with the exception of my back that I get all upset when I'm ill. Sorry to whine. I'm done now and thanks for listening. Think I'll go look at some of the beautiful things people have been doing. See ya later.
    Gail
    Old 10-12-2010, 02:51 PM

Gail: Since it isn't the middle of the night, I am just doing my regular stuff. Pain medications: If your doctor gave them to you to use regularly, do it. Pain medication works best when taken regularly. If, however, it is rescue pain medication, you only take it when NOTHING else has worked. I have lortab and naproxen for my regular pain medication. When they don't work and I can't get over the pain threshold, I have 4 morphine pills and 1 fentenal. That is all I get for 3 months so they really are rescue meds. So I can get through the night and last the ride to the hospital. If you can, you should have some rescue drugs for when you really need them. I can tollerate so much more when I know if it gets intollerable, I can fix it.
    Old 10-12-2010, 09:23 PM

Just thought I'd pop in and say Hay... Hope all have "A Great Day Tommorrow"
    Old 10-12-2010, 11:15 PM

Hi all...
    Just to let you know Gwyn I'm feeling much better. Took my meds for back pain for 2 days now and feeling so much better. Thanks for your concern. I have taken naproxen in the past and it does help if the pain is not acute. If it gets to that point I call the doc and he sends out something stronger and has me come in when I'm more comfortable. I do hope that you don't need the stronger meds to often.
    Now on to more pleasant things, Tell me what quilting projects you have going and maybe something nice that has happened to you or your family.
    Gail
    Old 10-13-2010, 12:49 AM

Right now I am working on a bag lady quilt. Vovoa and I decided to try this before opening it up for everyone. You take a gallon size ziploc bag and fill it with fabrics you think will make a nice quilt. On the given day you and your partner exchange bags. Then you have a few weeks to create a quilt from the fabrics you are given, plus one that you add to the pile. Then you exchange the quilts back to their owners. Owners are to complete and quilt the quilt. I have been very slow at getting my part completed, but it is 3/4 done tonight.

I really need to get back to my dolls. I miss doing them. I have several people waiting for me to get them finished for gifts.

Did you join Secret Santa? I hesitated for a few days and then decided it would be fun. I like doing stuff like that.

I wish you could meet my little parrotlet, Emma Louise. What a character she has become. On Sunday, I made the mistake of letting her take a nap on my lap nestled in my cupped hand. Today she thought I was her personal scratching post. She wanted me to hold her and sccratch her neck and chin. She is too cute to say no, but I had other things to do too. After she was out of her cage for 4 hours, I put her back. She crawled into the corner of her cage and slept. Poor baby. I can't believe how much she eats. grapes, orange slices, seeds, broccolli, you name it. She even eats peas and carrots. Today I use a recipe for corn muffins for birds. They smelled wonderful when they were baking, Emma loves them - me? They are certainly hard.

I am glad you are feeling better, Take care of yourself, Gwyn
    Old 10-16-2010, 11:14 PM

Hi everyone, haven't been up this late for a few nights. Had another dizzy spell. Hate it, really bothering me, can't drive or anything when it hits. But hoping it will get better with time.

How is everyone? Hope you are all having a nice weekend. We have our 17 yr old twins here now and they are so fun, and eat like they've never seen food before. I forget how it was to cook for hungry kids. :-P

Night all.

Pat
    Old 10-16-2010, 11:33 PM

Hi to anyone out there.
    Just stopped by to see what ya all been up to.
    Hey Pat sorry to hear that the dizzy stuff has hit again. Hope you are felling better by the morning. You are so right about 17 year olds they are "always hungry". But thats what a grandma does just keep the food coming lol See ya Tuesday.
    Night all
    Gail
    Old 10-17-2010, 08:23 PM

Hi everyone, hi Gail. Had a real seige this afternoon, sure glad I didn't try to drive the twins home. Larry took them, thank goodness. If that ever hits while I'm driving, I'm done for. He will bring me to class tomorrow, and maybe Tues. if this doesn't clear up again.
    Night everyone.
    Old 10-17-2010, 09:51 PM

Hey everyone. I am usually up with some kind of ache or pain but tonight the pain is in my heart and head. My DH (or maybe not so "D" now) told me yesterday that he does not love me anymore, that he has watched me become fatter and lazier (I am on disability now and limited in my movement so don't know why he considers that lazy) and that he wants me to get out. I have spent two days crying and have a monstrous headache. Sorry but just have to say something to someone or burst! Anyway, I know that this too will pass and somehow I will make it through although the outlook is pretty grim right now. I am on a fixed income and am not sure where I will go or what will happen but am holding off on the panic until I can talk to an attorney. He asked me how long it would take me to get our finances separated and have enough money to live on by myself and I said at least a year! But don't think I could stand it here that long.