Military families?

Old 10-20-2010, 01:47 PM

Please thank all your loved ones who serve. Our son in law left two weeks ago for Afghanistan and will be gone 6 months. He left a wife and 7 children in California. He flys.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:12 PM

I would like to thank all military and families for their service. So many in my family have served that I lost count.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:22 PM

My husband is retired AF. 23 years in service and countless trips over there and now works as a govt. contractor on the Predator. He leaves for Kandahar next Tuesday. This will be his 4th trip since "retiring" from the military. Your family is in our prayers.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:26 PM

My Nephew is a Marine and has been to Iraq and is now in afghanistan. His wife is in Japan. They relocated him and his wife from SC to Japan and after being there 3 months he got his orders for afghanistan....I believe he is due back sometime in Nov. Please let all your loved ones know how truely greatful I am that they serve and THANK YOU FOR THEIR SERVICE!
Old 10-20-2010, 05:27 PM

I have one in Afghanistan now, second tour there but he did one in Iran a few years back.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:27 PM

My son did two tours in Iraq and is now in Korea. I hope he gets home for Christmas. He will be deployed to Afghanistan in October and will only get to be with his family until then. My heart goes out to all you family members who have loved ones serving overseas.
Prayers are sent up daily on their behalf.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:43 PM

CKCOWL,
Your SIL has really had his share of service--over and beyond the call. What unit is he with. My SIL has had 2 so far and now is training Nat'l Guard and Reserves in NJ to go over. They are an incredible group of people that deserves our highest respect. MY SIL is E-8 so has some rank and a very level headed military brat for a wife, but the younger ones are the ones that have such a hard time. They leave their new wives/husbands and get plopped in the middle of nowhere and are expected to "make it". Guess what--most do but some don't. The ones left at home have as hard a time. Anyone that never has been in the Military has no idea how close knit a Military family is. Especially the younger ones. They find "pals" and eat,sleep and play together, take care of each others kids, help each other get thru blue days, etc. It's amazing how God has worked that out. Keep them ALL in our prayers many times a day.

Peg-TX
Old 10-20-2010, 09:45 PM

When ever I see people wearing uniforms I go up to them and thank them. I am so proud and thankful for all of our military people. I think they should all be given medals of honor.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:02 AM

have a friend who's son is over there. for my own family i am proud my husband served his country but very glad he is now retired. he was in since 1972 last part of vietnam and then desert storm. it was pretty bad after nam i am glad that our country is behind and supporting our troops again.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:55 AM

My BIL just got home from his 3rd and final tour in Afghanistan and Iraq. I have two nephews somewhere in that region, another nephew just got home from Iraq and I have two sons in the Navy. One is on a carrier headed for support in the Gulf.