Military families?

Old 08-09-2011, 08:53 PM

I am proudly serving in Afghanistan. Woot! Woot! The support from citizens of coalition nations has been amazing! The American people are awesome! You rock!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:03 AM

Air Force SIL currently Deployed.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sienna's GiGi
I am proudly serving in Afghanistan. Woot! Woot! The support from citizens of coalition nations has been amazing! The American people are awesome! You rock!
I for one truly appreciate all that you and all military have and are doing for helping keep America Free. My dad was WWI, 2 borthers in WWII, late husband in Air Force and current husband was in Air National Guard.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Sienna's GiGi
Thank you for serving!! If there is anything you need, please let me know!!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:08 AM

We're all military here but thank goodness in our family we all are retired. I keep all of those who are still active in my prayers as well as all of the seals that were killed this past weekend. Alot of them were from here in the Hampton Roads area. Please say prayers for the 33 (I think) Navy Seals who were killed.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by pawebdoctor
I am teary eyed, as I read these posts. My son 23 recently finished Navy bootcamp and unless plans change, starts his first assignment on a destroyer out of Norfolk. I am a total newbie to this whole military thing and am filled with so many emotions. If they all welled up at once, I'm sure I would explode.

Ladies and gents... please, please, please thank your loved ones for what they do! It is greatly appreciated and respected!
I want you to know that even though this is such a large area; both on and off base the military are valued here. This base is the largest in the world. I have lived here on and off (mostly on) since the early 70's and I love it here. I'm from WV but this always feels like home especially when I was living elsewhere. There are alot of things for him to see and do here so when he's off the ship he doesn't have to be bored. He'll do well. I hope you get to visit him here so you can see it all. There is a Navy Lodge right outside of the gate from Norfolks main gate and it's very reasonable w/a small kitchen.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by romanojg
We're all military here but thank goodness in our family we all are retired. I keep all of those who are still active in my prayers as well as all of the seals that were killed this past weekend. Alot of them were from here in the Hampton Roads area. Please say prayers for the 33 (I think) Navy Seals who were killed.
22 Navy Seals, 5 Army aircrew, 3 Air Force airmen, one canine, 7 Afghan commandos, 1 Afghan civilian interpreter. Unbelievably sad.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:18 PM

I have a SIL that shipped out to Iraq he's with the MP's of the 105th he's there a year, and I have another close friend that is on his 9th tour as SpecialOps in Afghanistan. Thank god he wasn't on that chopper but he lost several great friends it is hitting him hard. I served in the military for 12yrs until I got wounded
Old 08-10-2011, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ragann63
Originally Posted by romanojg
22 Navy Seals, 5 Army aircrew, 3 Air Force airmen, one canine, 7 Afghan commandos, 1 Afghan civilian interpreter. Unbelievably sad.
some of these seals were with the group that just brought down our biggest enemy over there. One was my good friends neighbor; so sad and to think of all of those kids without thier dads to grow up with it.