Mom jeans

Old 08-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Power Poster

I have jeans that come to my bellybutton. They cover everything but don't squinch (is that even a word) my waist. And high enough in the back for protection from the dreaded you know what!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 05:48 AM

I refuse to wear the low-cut jeans, don't see how anyone could stand them. I sometimes have a little trouble finding the "mom cut" jeans, but they are the only kind I will wear. Lately I've had good luck finding them at Dillard's and Beall's.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by mochasue
I must be the only one who doesn't like "mom jeans" Don't like anything on my waist. I do not show my butt crack, but I do like low rise jeans. so I guess that makes me somewhere in the middle because I am kind of shorter so the low rise don't fit real low on me.
I am with you. That is all I wear in Jeans and in my dress pants. nothing higher than mid rise.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Minnisewta
I like Mom jeans but I can't find anything to fit, high rise or low rise. About 6 years ago I had liposuction so I could find clothes to fit and I still can' find anything. I have what you might call a hollow back and every pair of pants and all skirts are way too big in the back. You can put both hands in my waist band. With that much extra fabric a belt does no good. I've even had pants made for me and they still don't fit. Enough said I hate shopping for clothes!!!!!!!!!!
I find clothes shopping depressing. I absolutely hate it! (Lucky hubby :roll: )
Old 08-23-2011, 04:39 AM

anybody try NYDJs? not your daughter's jeans. made to fit real women's bodies.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Power Poster

I wear Mom jeans. I hate the ones you have to pull up all the time.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:00 PM

If I don't wear Mom jeans, I'll have to use suspenders to keep those low riders from going south. :oops:
Old 08-25-2011, 07:22 AM

I have not read this whole thread, just first page, but just had to add my pick of Mom Jeans.
I found them at Kohls, they are Lee Comfort Waistband jeans. Yes, they are stretch but they are so comfortable. I have always worn jeans but since getting older with middle age spread they have not been comfortable. The ones with elastic seem baggy and no hip pockets.
When I found these Lees, my grand daughter commented "Granny, where did you get those sexy jeans?" Made this fat granny feel pretty good!!!
Old 08-25-2011, 07:38 AM

Love them to fit at waist but hard to find!
Old 09-03-2011, 06:13 AM

I work in a credit union and see waaaayyy too many young gals wearing low rise....that "should" be wearing mom jeans. I don't understand how they think it is attractive to have a giant muffin-top hanging out, AND a thong showing as well!!! Don't they look in the mirror before leaving the house?
I work with 20 and 30-somethings that all wear the low-rise. I have finally gotten one 35 year old into a couple of pair of regular waist slacks, quite by accident. ;) She liked a pair I often wore, so when I was ordering another pair on sale, she asked if she could add to my order. I don't think she realized they were regular waist until they arrived. After wearing them a couple of times, she decided she actually liked them!!! YAY!!! A new convert!!! LOL

Patti