Mom jeans

Old 08-20-2011, 02:05 PM

My new favorite jeans are "Not Your Daughter's Jeans" at Nordstroms. They fit really well at the waist and are the most comfortable jeans I have ever worn. They are pricey but I also found some at The Rack (Nordstroms outlet) for only $29.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:27 PM

I like Mom jeans but I can't find anything to fit, high rise or low rise. About 6 years ago I had liposuction so I could find clothes to fit and I still can' find anything. I have what you might call a hollow back and every pair of pants and all skirts are way too big in the back. You can put both hands in my waist band. With that much extra fabric a belt does no good. I've even had pants made for me and they still don't fit. Enough said I hate shopping for clothes!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Mom jeans here!!! I can't stand anything even close to "low rise". Gloria Vanderbilt's Amanda jeans are pretty good Mom jeans and so are Levi's 512. I refuse to wear anything else. I'd rather look old than look like I stole my daughter's jeans!
These GV's are pretty much the only ones I'll buy. Got a couple pair at Sears and they just aren't the same. Maybe I'll try the Levi's.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:03 PM

My DGD's would die if I wore Mom Jeans. LOL!
Old 08-20-2011, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaMaeE
My new favorite jeans are "Not Your Daughter's Jeans" at Nordstroms. They fit really well at the waist and are the most comfortable jeans I have ever worn. They are pricey but I also found some at The Rack (Nordstroms outlet) for only $29.
I tried them but my upper legs are just big enough that they were uncomfortable.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:22 PM

Love the mom jeans, always have. They keep that extra bit of excess skin in. Unfortunately they are hard to find and I do not like the stretch ones. Does anyone know where to get a good brand at a reasoable price?
Old 08-20-2011, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Helovesme
"Mom" jeans are awesome. Hard to find, though and my daughter laughs at me because they come up and cover my bellybutton. I told her I can't wear her sytle of jeans because my muffin top hangs over the top and I have to keep pulling them up!
I miss "mom" jeans also, yes they are hard to find. i don't like my belly hanging out. I think it looks indecent and stretch marks aren't pretty out in public! Since I have trouble finding them, I try to find tops that are cut longer, but that is almost as hard to do. The other problem is finding jeans that don't have stretch in them. When they do, it seems that after a few hours they don't fit so well anymore!
Old 08-20-2011, 05:39 PM

I'm like my mom; she hated to feel anything on her waist, no belts or fitted dresses, skirts. That was hard in the 70s, not so bad in the 60s. I used to think she was really fussy. Now, I'm her age and I get it!
It has to be bikini underwear, bikini swimwear (sorry if anyone has to gouge out their eyes - but they can always look the other way) hip hugger jeans/ real low cut jeans, empress waist dresses/jumpers or simple sheaths that fall from the shoulders - no waist touching. No dress pants! No no no tucked in tops or blouses. Most of what I own I can at least pull off my waist (I must look like a deralict! what with the baggy crotches I have) and cover with a tee shirt or top untucked. I don't mind wearing anything even if it goes to my ankles, just as long as it doesnt sit on my waist. Gosh I love retirement and not having a work dress code. sharet
Old 08-21-2011, 12:43 PM

I have worn Lee Riders for years. The only ones I found that fit the caboose. I wore 'hip huggers' in high school, but then I had a figure at that time. I still have a figure, it has just shifted from hour glass, to circle. ROFLMBO!
Old 08-21-2011, 01:17 PM

[quote=Lisa_wanna_b_quilter]Gloria Vanderbilt's Amanda jeans are pretty good Mom jeans and so are Levi's 512. I refuse to wear anything else. [quote]

These are the same ones I wear -- I don't consider them "Mom Jeans", I consider them decent.