Mom's Lap

Old 09-01-2009, 04:40 PM

Just adorable. Thanks for posting. Don't you just love what the Internet can bring us?
Old 09-01-2009, 07:09 PM

xx deleted

can't make this this work, gai

all i get is a link back to my email, that isn't even a real link

but it has more info than i feel comfortable putting out there
Old 09-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Banned

BW, what is it you are trying to do? If you want to post a picture that you got in your regular email, open that email. Put your cursor on the picture you want to save, then hold down the Control key as you click on it. You will get a pop-up menu. Choose Save As. I think the default is to your desktop. When it shows the save screen, you usually will have to rename it something you will recognize, like "mom's lap 1.jpg". You have to do this with each individual picture you want to save. Then when you get to the forum, and post something, from the attach file box, click on browse. It will bring up Finder on your mac. Click on Desktop, or where ever you saved the photo you want to submit, then click on the photo name. The photo will show in a separate window, so you can see that it is the right one. Click OPEN, and that photo will be attached to your post.

Hope this helps. I am at work on my iPod, so can't do screenshots.

If you want to save a photo that is on the forum, just click on download next to the name.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:34 AM

okay. i think i know. put it on my desktop. drag to finder. open submit window. 'attach' photo. right. i'll try it right now.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:40 AM

here.

i get all the way to 'attach'. othing happens.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-10442.jpe   attachment-10443.jpe   attachment-10447.jpe  
Old 09-02-2009, 08:42 AM

YAY GAI!!!

LET'S SAY IT AGAIN: YAY GAI !!!

(it tricked me. i didn't see it in the window. i didn't see it until i submitted.)
Old 09-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by butterflywing
okay. i think i know. put it on my desktop. drag to finder. open submit window. 'attach' photo. right. i'll try it right now.

"Finder" is just the Mac equivalent of "Windows Explorer", so once the photo is saved to your desktop it's automatically in Finder. Finder is just the tool you use to locate/see where on your computer something is. So you save it to your desktop, and when you hit the "Browse" button on the submit window, it automatically takes you to "Finder".
Old 09-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Banned

YAY BW!!!!!! You did it!!!!

Your night heron kinda looks like a roadrunner!!! Very pretty

YAY!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Originally Posted by butterflywing

"Finder" is just the Mac equivalent of "Windows Explorer", so once the photo is saved to your desktop it's automatically in Finder. Finder is just the tool you use to locate/see where on your computer something is. So you save it to your desktop, and when you hit the "Browse" button on the submit window, it automatically takes you to "Finder".
if you think i speak that language, you are sooooo wrong! :wink: what browse button? as usual, i took the long way around. the story of my life.

what i meant was: after i hit attach, i expected to see something in the submit window. when that didn't happen, i thought the method failed me. but when i submitted, there it was . truly remarkable.

what do mean about my night heron? roadrunner, indeed. i watched those cartoons, and my bird looks nothing like that! :lol:
Old 09-02-2009, 04:12 PM

Those are awsome pics. Thanks so much for sharing.