more layoffs at my job

Old 12-02-2010, 05:22 PM

"Also found it quite useful to follow the advice of a former co-worker, "Be nice to everyone. You never know who your boss is going to be." And, given a choice between two people who are basically at the same level/salary in their job, a boss will choose to keep the one he/she likes the most. That's just human nature."

yep, good advice.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Chele
Hang in there. Literally. It's such a tough economy right now. If you can, save for that rainy day. You just never know. It's worth the peace of mind to have something tucked away. And when the economy improves you can blow it all on fabric or a fantastic vacation. ;)
Ya, I always use my income taxes for paying off anything I have and this year, I'm saving it...I may have to live off it. I just don't know with my job...we just had a union come in and there were rumors about the owner saying that he will not let a union come in, he'd rather shut the doors. I'm not sure what's going on with that place. The really bad thing, is we don't have lots of jobs up here. This is one of the best paying jobs around here. If it shuts down, I'd have to get good cut in pay. Thanks everyone. :)
And if I do lose my job(which would be bad).....think of how much time I have to sew..hahaha!!!! I could sew steady for a year without buying any fabric. I'd run out of batting though. Oh...I'm thinking that would be fun. I wouldn't have to go outside for the rest of the winter either. I don't like the snow.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:57 PM
kbs

It sounds like you have made yourself valuable to your employer by knowing several different jobs. That will help. They will know what a good empoyee you are. Good luck.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:04 PM

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, and some prayers for extra measure!
Old 12-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Power Poster

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all is well for you with your job.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by watterstide
i am hoping/praying you are able to keep your job..stay positive, keep your head up!

we have a couple auto plants (GM/Ford) that are hiring in our area(detroit)..we heard the other day, that the steel plant may be hiring soon too..they called back all the laid off workers.
That is good news! I am so glad to hear that GM/Ford is going to start hiring again! We are on the west coast and keep hearing how bad it has been in Michigan and Illinois. Peace and Love.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Power Poster

Sending Prayers for you Heather!
Old 12-02-2010, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Sending Prayers for you Heather!
Thanks!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 07:15 PM

I'll add you to my prayer list.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by luckylindy333
Originally Posted by watterstide
i am hoping/praying you are able to keep your job..stay positive, keep your head up!

we have a couple auto plants (GM/Ford) that are hiring in our area(detroit)..we heard the other day, that the steel plant may be hiring soon too..they called back all the laid off workers.
That is good news! I am so glad to hear that GM/Ford is going to start hiring again! We are on the west coast and keep hearing how bad it has been in Michigan and Illinois. Peace and Love.
That's good to hear. The company I work for makes doors and they say that the people that are building new homes has gone down and people are buying houses that are already built(which is bad for us). I don't really like my job, but I don't want to lose it....lol. :) It's like having a boyfriend that you don't like, dump you....I'd rather leave than get terminated.
All evening, the kids and I have been joking around saying "your fired" like they do on the cat in the hat.