Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Most Beautiful Place in America >
  • Most Beautiful Place in America

• Most Beautiful Place in America

Old 08-18-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Bell
    Rhode Island is the most beautiful!

I'll second that. Driving across the Newport Bridge on my way home from work - looking at the sailboats; both moored and underway. Taking a deep breath of fresh, clean salty air.

Nothing better!
    Old 08-18-2011, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    Hanauma Bay Ohau Hawaii
    under water snorkeling
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanauma_Bay

I am rather partial to the parks too like Zion, Bryce, Kings Canyon, Yosemity, Grand Canyon.
    Was snorkeling there in February! BEAUTIFUL. There were whales right at the mouth of the bay that were breaching. Just a stunning day.
    Old 08-18-2011, 07:02 PM

There are so many places that I would LOVE to see and also go back to see some of the ones that I already love!
    Old 08-18-2011, 07:04 PM

From Grace: Well I am from Ireland and have done a good bit of travelling around America probably more than alot of Americans but I think there are plenty of Americans that have seen more of Ireland than I have!!

The nicest place I have seen so far in America is Sedona in Arizona. Beautiful. Would love to retire there!

Grace173

Grace, you'll have to see the white sand beaches of Alabama and Northern Florida and also the Blue Ridge Parkway. I've seen Sedona and I'll take the Smokie Mountains or the Blue Ridge any day over Sedona.
    Old 08-18-2011, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by mahen
    No one listed Missouri. We have some of the most beautiful areas in the world. Having driven an 18 wheeler for many years and being in so many states and cities, I can agree with a lot of you on the places you are liking. One of the most beautiful cities we saw was Oconomowoc Wisc. I absolutely loved that city. Enjoy every where you are as we are privilidged to live in such a great, beautiful country. June/Mo.
    Agree with sewingyankee, anyplace in America is beautiful....but...the Ozarks are wonderful. If we didn't have chiggers, mosquitos, ticks, ice storms and toronados EVERYONE would be here :-D
    Old 08-18-2011, 07:30 PM

To those of you who have written from Michigan, especially Mayme -- Someone in Michigan does a wonderful job on tv spots promoting tourism. The last two summers they've been all over NY television and I always stop what I'm doing to watch. They make Michigan look like the most beautiful and exciting place to visit. A member of the Michigan office on tourism is certainly earning his/her salary.
    Old 08-18-2011, 08:48 PM

Probably SNY of our NATIONAL PARKS! But I'm sure GOD was YELLOWSTONE when I was there! The diversity of that park. Oh, the waterfalls,canyons, mountains, the valleys. The geyers, the furmoles, spitting mud, hot springs filled w/lichens, the sulphur pits. The bison, the elk,the bear( OH,NO!), the fish .Sheep eaters cliffs. OH, NO,- the steep narrow paths! I'm sure I've used some wrong discriptors, been awhile since I've been. The extreme diversity of this park made me fall in love w/ it 35yrs ago!Have been to quite a few National parks, but this one remains my #1!Oh , don't forget it OLD FAITHFUL!
    Old 08-18-2011, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by mayme
    Is Michigan! If you have Yahoo for home page you can see the video on there. It's beautiful even if we do have big fat mosquitoes.
    We were so lucky to have lived in West Michigan for 3 1/2 years (4 winters) and LOVED it. I do belive that Michigan is the most beautiful state I have ever been to. Rode our bikes (Harleys) all over the state--in fact my first big road trip was across the "pond" (on the ferry) to Wisconsin then up to the UP to ride along the Lake Superior shoreline which was breathtakingly beautiful. Rode many times across the bridge--once it was closed immediately after our group had crossed because of the high winds. Now that was a thrilling ride. So, yes, I would have to agree with you!
    Old 08-19-2011, 01:40 AM

Oregon is beautiful..I still miss it. We moved to Texas when I was 11. 43 now.
    Old 08-19-2011, 09:38 AM

Charleston, SC has to be the most beautiful city anywhere. Everytime we decide to take a pleasure trip, we discuss all the places we'd like to see...then we go to Charleston!