Mother's Day Plans/wishes

Old 05-04-2010, 08:00 AM

Don't you just love getting the sappy cards? My kids always get me that kind, write loving notes in them, and I always cry. My mom also died right before MOther's say 40 years ago , May 2nd., so I can really relate to how you felt. Even though my kids make me feel loved and good on Mothers day, I still have sorrow in my heart thinking of Mom. PS. My oldest son loves really funny cards, so I get on funny and one sentimental one from him. And he finds the funny ones that really fit himm and I.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:41 PM

Oh guess what? I have been invited to a Mother/daughter brunch and Bunko party. The friend who invited me could be my daughter, if I started having a family early enough. ha The brunch is a fund raiser for breast cancer, so it will be nice and for a good cause!
Old 05-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by great aunt jacqui
thank you for the flowers :-)
Yes, beautiful roses, jacqui!!! :thumbup:
I have no idea what's happening on Mother's Day.
I'll probably buy myself a piece of fabric...and be ecstatic.
I never get tired of it...ever! ;-)
Old 05-04-2010, 01:58 PM

Thanks Clem for the pictures of roses! Roses remind me of my mother and father. QuiltingGrannie I know how you feel. I miss my parents so much. The Psalms help me out.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:52 PM

My mom has been gone for 30 years now but I always get my step-mom a basket of flowers. She and my dad will spend the day with her daughter and grandchildren. My MIL passed away last year. Generally, my hubby and kids take me out for dinner and some years there are gifts...others there are not. It really does not matter to me. Last year my hubby bought me 2 Cracker Barrel rocking chairs and an end table for our front porch. They gave me many hours of pleasure last summer and fall! This year we will be busy getting our daughter ready to leave for her study abroad in China and money is a little tight. I will not mind, if there are not gifts.

For those who mentioned a day home alone or time to sew...I always love that! I hope everyone has a lovely day, no matter how you end up celebrating.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:08 AM

hopefully, the books hubby ordered will arrive in time

otherwise, it will be my card and the gifties that dear kids buy at the school stall (affectionately known as the crap-o-rama)

will have a home cooked dinner, my choice, and some cookies and maybe ice-cream for dessert

my mum has been gone for nearly 33 years, but we'll see mother-in-law next weekend
Old 05-05-2010, 05:49 AM

I sent a pretty card to my mother and will give her a call Sunday.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:57 AM

This will be my second Mothers Day without my son.. that is a harsh reality. I am a keeper of cards over the years and bring out the favorite one he made me one year. He liked to use his dark room to create fun pictures and it is a card that says happy mothers day in cut out letters very cool;) will have to post a picture. My daughter lives hours away and will be with her family ;).. my hubby always remembers... the *mother of his children* he writes on the card. He will bring flowers .. and we will have a special dinner at home. ( restaurants here get crazy on mothers day.
This year I sent out cards for ten of my mothers friends.. that I think could use a little extra this year :). one woman just lost her husband two months ago. This is my way of getting through a hard day. Whatever you do be thankful for small blessings and be with family and friends if you are able.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:58 AM

Ps when you have NO expectations.. you are pleasantly surprised ;)
Old 05-05-2010, 06:24 AM

thank you chem for the lovly roses. I was feeling so sad til I received those. lol Jolo