Mouse

Old 11-28-2011, 07:42 PM

Someone told me to use sticky traps but what do you do when his little feet are stuck but he is alive? Let him starve? you can not get them loose> and they squeek and squeal to me they are inhumane I will snap trap them then it is over.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:44 AM

Behind our house is our pasture. The field mice that live there have to dig burrows and supply them for the winter. I suppose some mice supply better than others. Apparently some think they have found a newer answer to all that hard work. They come to our house where someone supplies temperatures in the 70's, access to food, pillows and other things they can chew to their hearts content - no work at all, someone is taking care of them. Then they find the trap! If they can't get out of the trap and go back to the field and work, they're dead. Must be a lesson in there somewhere.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:53 AM

Solutions like Decon can cause a big problem when they wander off -- dead animal decomposing and drying inside your walls or in unexpected places. The stink lasts about a week in a really dry environment, but if it's warm or humid count on being grossed out for longer. Use a snap trap, and place the business end of it with the bait butted up against a wall, because the little critters usually skitter along next to a wall or vertical surface and will then have to step over the trap and trigger it.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:09 AM

Sticky traps I feel are inhuman they used them at work poor things took forever to die!!!!! I hate mice just had one tried everything it ATE EVERYTHING!!!! Goe the old snap trap put a raisin smushed at the end. SNAP GOT THE LITTLE SUCKER!!!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:26 AM

If you use a glue trap and feel it is inhumane to let the mouse die slowly, you can kill it quickly and mercifully. Cut off its head. Put it in a plastic bag and drive over it quickly with the car, drop of concrete block on hit, hit it with a hammer, etc. You have more choices than to let it die of starvation. Some people don't like to use snap traps because of children or pets in their household. Glue traps can be released from kids and pets.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:30 AM

What do you do when the snap trap catches the mouse by the leg or tail?
Old 11-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

Okay, I am not catching mice. I just isn't going to happen. I have tried many, many things. The thing that finally worked last winter was Bar Bait. I don't know why, but D-Con just doesn't work anymore.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:14 AM

Well my cat "Baby Boy" always lets me know if there is a mouse in the house. He opens all the cabinets in the house until he gets it. He started being a "mouser" (as my DH would call him) when we moved outside the city. My DH kept telling me he would have to be sent to "Mousing" School. But Baby Boy finally proved him wrong and hasn't failed him Yet!!!!
Old 11-29-2011, 02:58 PM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

I have 2 snakes that love live mice; I could suggest you buy 1 . . . ok, they aren't for everybody. mouse trap works well too. good luck.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:26 PM

I keep decon out all the time. We live in the country and used to have a bad problem with mice. They love fabric and paper patterns. I guess they use it to build their nest. I had to throw away a lot of fabric and patterns because of those nasty little critters.