Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Move Over Honey BooBoo For Buckwild in West Virginia >
  • Move Over Honey BooBoo For Buckwild in West Virginia

• Move Over Honey BooBoo For Buckwild in West Virginia

Old 01-04-2013, 07:59 AM
    Power Poster

OH how dangerous!! people will do anything for money. i hate to see that show with people going through obstacle courses where they get hit and tossed. i always fear someone breaking their back! not fun t.v.
    Old 01-04-2013, 08:30 AM

Used to get a tee shirt catolog (30+years ago) and my favorite saying was "God must love stupid people he made so many of them" and that seems to fit today. Never seen anything so stupid as some of the reality shows today, nasty and amoral. So I don't watch them.
    Old 01-04-2013, 09:09 AM

I agree. I live in Georgia and Honey Boo Boo was very offensive to me. It certainly did not portray how most Georgians are. Why try to glamourize the trashy stuff!!
    Old 01-04-2013, 09:10 AM

I am so happy that others feel the same way, these shows are degrading to the people that live in the areas that they are supposed to represent. I grew up in Oklahoma and am not a stupid red neck they act like. thanks for letting me sound off.
    Old 01-04-2013, 11:09 AM

I agree with Ellageo, there is something wrong in the country when folks watch these "reality" shows. IMHO this is not reality. I also agree that there is not much to watch on television, and I feel like our younger generation's morals are not very high along with respect. When I complained about my grandkids using the F word on fb, I was informed that I just need to grow up., I happen to be 68 years old and I think I know what is going on it the world. I don't know how to turn it around either, but it is disheartening. I do realize there are lots of good kids out there too, so please don't jump on me about my comments. Just stating MO
    Old 01-04-2013, 11:11 AM

I live in NC, and I hear the redneck junk all the time. As for the shows I don' t watch them . I feel that I am smarter than that.
    Old 01-04-2013, 12:09 PM

I live in GA, as well, and I can assure you that none of my friends or acquaintances are anywhere remotely like those "people" depicted in HBB. I just don't understand what the thrill is in promoting immorality, trashy living, foul mouth humans, and creating generation after generation of such! If my children had acted or spoken like those kids do, they might not be adults today! No, not really, but don't parents feel any responsibility about teaching their kids to have a future? Some things just aren't acceptable in any society.
    Old 01-04-2013, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by coopah
    I, too, now live in FL. Every Christmas my darling, most loved (by my mother) brother gives my husband or me a gift that says "red neck" somewhere on it. One year they gave him a t-shirt that said, Spam Boy." It's okay once, but not year after year. I am saving their gift of "red neck wine glasses" to serve them their water in next time they visit from CT!! Can't wait! Or else I may 'forget' they gave them to us and regift them to them when THEY move to FL! There are people who are too dumb to recognize a stereotype!!
    FL ? Redneck ? Really ? I guess it may depend on what part . I did live in Broward and Palm Beach counties and most of the people there were from up north. LOL I think my son was one of the few we knew that was actually born there. Now I lived in Ga . South of Atlanta. Peachtree City was all from somewhere else. When I moved to McDonough, yes I ran into people who had never even been to Atlanta. Just never left home. Guess they had everything there they needed. And I must say as much as I have had to move I am somewhat jealous. Let the electricity go off for any amount of time and see who copes easier , the "redneck" or the city boy... oh and my dad was born and raised in Seaside NJ and considered himself a redneck.. LOL
    Old 01-04-2013, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by delma_paulk
    I agree!!!!!!! I grew up in South West Georgia and now live in a very small community in North Central Florida.
    The Dukes of Hazard was enough for me.

delma
    I live in N Central Fl also in Ft. White
    Old 01-04-2013, 03:25 PM

I was born and raised in WV and I am proud of it. I now live in Tennessee and I am proud of that, as well. I dislike this generalization that all residents of these states live like the ones on Reality television. WV and TN, both have Colleges, Universities, Museums, Symphonies, excellent Medical Schools, Fine Arts, and most of all good people!

"A Mountaineer is always free!