My DH hurt my feelings.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:57 PM

Just remember, men will never think or be wired the way a woman is. In that Garden of Eden so long ago, God made man, and then SHE perfected the model and made woman. Big hugs, we are all here for you.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:04 PM
dsj

I am a hand quilter and my hubby makes remarks like shouldn't you be finished with that by now or some dumb thoughtless comment about it, I just look at him and say oh by the way, you know the light fixture in the kitchen needs repaired it's been that way for over a year now and it's really hard for me to see and to cook dinner for you and the dripping faucet in the kitchen I am sure you have noticed it it's only been dripping for the last couple of years and you know that is a huge waste of money maybe you could give me a date when you think you might have those things fixed or the job completed. And his response is "man you boomerang everything" Then I respond back with, well, we won't go there but you guys get the idea. Buzz off is a nice way to put it. Don't let him push your buttons have fun with him and boomerang it works!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:45 AM

Men!- You can't live with them, you can't live without them, and its illegal to kill 'em!
You know, "Crazy Quilt Lady" sure beats the heck out of some things I've been called!!
I think his quilt's label would say something like "Every Crazy stitch done with love...from YOUR Crazy Quilt Lady!"
Old 06-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by DianD
Men!- You can't live with them, you can't live without them, and its illegal to kill 'em!
You know, "Crazy Quilt Lady" sure beats the heck out of some things I've been called!!
I think his quilt's label would say something like "Every Crazy stitch done with love...from YOUR Crazy Quilt Lady!"
Now that's a good idea. Thanks
Old 06-30-2010, 12:22 PM

God made man. Then He thought "I can do better." Then He made woman!!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Granny B
God made man. Then He thought "I can do better." Then He made woman!!!!
Absolutely, the thing he did wrong though was to give us so much pain, menstrual, childbirth and stupidly wearing high heals. But he figured the men couldn't handle it. :)
Old 06-30-2010, 05:40 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

You all are too funny.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:44 PM

Cjo, sometimes men don't think before they speak! I am sure he thinks your work is very nice. Men (most) don't understand the womens need to create and share their work. I would not hold it against him in the least. If anything, I would mention to him that it hurt your feelings, that you wished to share what you do with him as you would enjoy having him share with you his likes. :) Just my thoughts.

Also, the old saying,,, never go to bed angry :)
Old 09-03-2010, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by DianD
#1 ... NEVER admit to a thing - - if you haven't been certified, then it can't be true.
#2 ... NEVER admit to a thing - - make them PROVE everything
#3 ... people who do not do handcraft or produce anything physically beyond what they are paid to do in an eight hour day rarely understand or comprehend why crafters do what they do.
So many times, what we do is "playing" to them, and they never get it - - quilting is a practical craft, CREATING is what we were CREATED to do ... if someone does not use their time, energy, resources to create something GOOD - - then they will usually create something bad, but, they WILL create.
#4 ... Men need women for the beauty we bring to their lives (whether they like it or not!) ... Men are sometimes too practical for their own good (and, there are other things going on, but leave it to the benefit of the doubt)
If I create any beauty in my husband's life, I TEACH him: I am the lace to your denim, and the world NEEDS BOTH ! ! !
and,
frankly, my dear - - there are a lot of humans in this world (men aren't the only ones) who absolutely haven't a clue about talent, creativity, or productivity ... you just found your first student ...
Get out there and TEACH him ... and, maybe he will have something to teach you, too! <wave>
Old 09-03-2010, 12:26 PM

Sounds like you got plenty of advice. I am glad your DH saw the error of his words and apologized. In the future try to remember no one's words can hurt you unless you let them......Try to stay cool and calm, take a deep breath and count to 10. Then pick up the rolling pin and.......just kidding!!! :lol: