My DH hurt my feelings.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:10 AM

Glad he apologized and you accepted and it's over.

AMEN!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 04:31 AM

When you give him the quilt, sign it THAT CRAZY QUILT LADY that you love so much. So what is crazier, being crazy or loving someone who is crazy? You might as well join the rest of us crazies. heheheheheheheheheheheheehe
Old 06-24-2010, 06:48 AM

Men????? Most of them are really lacking in social graces.

One of my guild members was in a photography class with my DH. She told me her DH never said anything nice about her quilts like my DH said about mine. Wow, I told her, that's a surprise to me as my DH never comments on my quilts. Just gets a blank look on his face and says without much feeling,"oh, yeah it's nice". So, I told this little story to my DH and now he makes comments, usually I should have used different colors, etc. but at least he takes the time to 'look' at my work instead of just looking bored. Hey, I say nice things about his photos. May in Jersey
Old 06-24-2010, 07:23 AM

Hey, after 29 years of being with my husband, I can say that they (men) have no idea that some of what they say will hurt our feelings. I would say that for most men, it is not done intentionally. My husband did a lot of unintentional things that hurt me a lot.
Now, when my husband does something like that, I just laugh at him and with him. (I would probably say something too like...."Be nice or I will turn into the Crazy Quilter". )

When my husband and I first started out in our marriage, I would try to "educate" him so that he would understand how much he hurt me with some of his words. (He never said things that were ugly...he just would say or do things like you related about your husband.) When I would respond to him saying how much he hurt me, we would end up getting into a big fight. (He would react to my telling him that he hurt me.)
I could never understand why these fights happened until 10 years later when he looked at me and said, "it like you stabbing me everytime you tell me that I hurt your feelings". From that time on, I stopped telling him that I was hurt and I also stopped taking everything so personal. Both of us have a better sense of humor.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

The only time DH goes into my sewing room to see anything I'm sewing is when my light bulb needs changing and I bought one that says will last up to 8 years. I show him a quilt if it is for a friend or family member so he'll know what it looks like in case they bring it up at a later time. He brags about my sewing repairs and alterations I make to his hunting/camping/hiking clothes!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:58 AM

It's just a man thing (for some guys). I'm sure he didn't intend to hurt your feelings. Please don't ever go to bed mad!

I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who never complains about my quilting/sewing/crafting, never complains when I buy yet more fabric, etc. He's happy that my quilting makes me so happy!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947
I learned a long time ago (married 45 year to same man) that it is not his job to make me happy. It is my job to make me happy. I envy the women whose husband enjoys the quilting world as much as the wife does. At my house not so. I do my thing and share with those who really appreciate it. I am happy!
I agree completely. No one can make someone else happy. It is the job of the individual to be happy or not to be happy.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by maryb119
My husband asked me one time "why do you cut up fabric in little pieces and then sew it back together?" He got "the look" and he never asked again. I have heard him tell friends and family that I make beautiful quilts. He thinks I haven't heard him but I have....that makes all the difference.
LMAO! Rolling On Floor! That is soo funny!

I think of hubbys as kids. Mine is just a big kid and once in awhile the mouth goes before the brain. I bet he didn't REALLY mean anything serious. My guess is he probably knows it was a boo boo and just wanted to forget about it and not talk it out right azway.

I am a lucky one. Mine goes to shops and shows. he even went to Paducah Show with me! What's even funnier is he told the guys that work for him what he was taking vacation for. he got a little ribbing, but he takes it well. I have had a couple times where I was sewing and had an uh oh. He got in the truck and took me an hour drive each way to get what I needed a couple of times.

Life is too short to dwell on little things. Take a deep breath. relax. sew a little and you will be right as rain.

and you came to the right place, we all care. Smile and try to have a better day. Hugs to YOU!! ;)
Old 06-24-2010, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947
I learned a long time ago (married 45 year to same man) that it is not his job to make me happy. It is my job to make me happy. I envy the women whose husband enjoys the quilting world as much as the wife does. At my house not so. I do my thing and share with those who really appreciate it. I am happy!
Sounds like me
Old 06-24-2010, 10:27 AM

Let it go! How nice that he did apologize. Guess he had some time to think about how his words of innocence were received. Keep on quiltin'. He's just being a MAN!