My DH hurt my feelings.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:11 PM

My husband has said things like that at times to me but then I hear from other people that he brags to them about the hand made things I make. Yours may be bragging behind your back.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by merctopez
My husband has said things like that at times to me but then I hear from other people that he brags to them about the hand made things I make. Yours may be bragging behind your back.
Exactly the same thing happens with me. I don't know why they don't want us to know they like our stuff. Makes you wonder whats going on in mens minds. Well, we know what is most of the time. :oops:
Old 06-24-2010, 06:20 PM

I feel sad you hubby hurt your feelings. In our early years I've had this happen couple times and I'm not one to let it go. We had a summit meeting, no yelling, no loud talking, but quitely we are going to analyze until there is a clear understand to the underlying motive. He is careful and he knows that once a word is said it's like putting a nail in a board, you can be sorry and remove the nail, but there is still the hole that is left behind.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:09 PM

Good advice. Such a smart woman.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:20 PM
Power Poster

I cultivate "vague" and "crazy"....gives me more space in my little world...books...the garden...pets...quilting. There's method in my madness! Also, helps them to stand on their own two feet!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by adrianlee
I feel sad you hubby hurt your feelings. In our early years I've had this happen couple times and I'm not one to let it go. We had a summit meeting, no yelling, no loud talking, but quitely we are going to analyze until there is a clear understand to the underlying motive. He is careful and he knows that once a word is said it's like putting a nail in a board, you can be sorry and remove the nail, but there is still the hole that is left behind.
For a lack of a better term, you hit the nail on the head. I have never heard it put that way before. Thank you.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Power Poster

Wow you really are mad. You know Mary Ellen Hopkins is the Queen of crazy quilting and it is a spectacular art in itself. I feel bad that you woke up the next morning still mad and didn't say good night to him. I don't think it is good to hold the anger. Don't get mad, get even. Is there something that he likes to share with you where he needs compliments? Yea you can let go of the anger and wait until the right time to get even when he is not suspecting it and really needs your compliment.
Go girl.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:37 PM

I don't think that he meant to hurt your feelings. He knew that he messed up and then tried to fix it with the reference to the other lady and made it worse. Life is too short to stay mad at him. Remember, guys are so clueless at times.

One time I was cleaning out my closet and my husband asked me if any of my clothes could be given to his sister. Well, she probably weighed a good 75 lbs more than me! I wasn't happy with him at the moment, but he was just so clueless and didn't mean it in a mean way. :)
Old 06-24-2010, 07:42 PM

Yeah, skip the anger. Only hurts you. MEN just don't get it; but I had the woman reacting the same to my work. That's why I also said in my previous post, lack the enthusiasm next time he comes to you. But do it with a smile, a look and "Yeah, great". Actually, nothing you do will probably make a difference. You're doing what YOU enjoy and makes YOU happy. Smile, sing and whistle while you quilt. Great endorfans (spl.) Luv
Old 06-24-2010, 08:05 PM

Oh, yeah. Most men are toads--even the ones that you can dress up on occasion. He'll have no idea why you're upset. That's why our woman friends are important.