My jaw hit the floor.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:45 AM

My jaw dropped, too! I live in LaPine (25 mi south of Bend) and have been praying they wouldn't close down! I can't WAIT for them to open it! They have a good selection of quilting fabric now and I know some of the staff are quilters.....so I'm thinking it might have plenty!
Old 03-16-2010, 11:45 AM

OOOOOHHHHH -- BJs is my favorite store and I didn't even think of that!!!!
Originally Posted by Charlee
BJ's is going to be thrilled, I'm sure!! (LQS that's right across the street from the old Gottschalks)
Old 03-16-2010, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
They have a good selection of quilting fabric now and I know some of the staff are quilters.....so I'm thinking it might have plenty!
The Joanne superstores I've been to do have a somewhat larger selection of quilting fabrics than the regular ones.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:15 AM

My husband just told me what he plans on doing when Joann's in Bend, Oregon has it's grand opening

While I am in there shopping to my hearts content and looking at everything in the new store. He is going to take an ice chest, a lawn chair, the dogs and sit on the grass nearby till he gets bored and then take the dogs dumpster diving behind Boston's Pizza.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
My husband just told me what he plans on doing when Joann's in Bend, Oregon has it's grand opening

While I am in there shopping to my hearts content and looking at everything in the new store. He is going to take an ice chest, a lawn chair, the dogs and sit on the grass nearby till he gets bored and then take the dogs dumpster diving behind Boston's Pizza.
I was rushing when I read this the first time and I though he was taking a grill and going to cook "dogs" and have lunch while you were shopping. It sounded like a good idea to me, but his isn't bad either.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:26 AM

Our Joanns just remodeled... The quilting section looks sparse and the apparel fabric expanded... and I hear that the manager, who doesn't do anything at all but sit in her office, has become a Nazi about how things are to be... oh well! lol... That particular store needs a lot more than just a move around of things... which hardly qualifies as a remodel...

But that is awesome! I wish I lived near one of the super stores.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready

I was rushing when I read this the first time and I though he was taking a grill and going to cook "dogs" and have lunch while you were shopping. It sounded like a good idea to me, but his isn't bad either.
My brain was heading the same direction. I thought, he could probably make quite a bit of money doing that. Sitting out there selling hot dogs to hubbys while the wives shopped. tee hee
Old 03-29-2010, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel

My brain was heading the same direction. I thought, he could probably make quite a bit of money doing that. Sitting out there selling hot dogs to hubbys while the wives shopped. tee hee

Well, maybe if Chasing Hawk's hubby did sell hot dogs, she could do more shopping :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-29-2010, 12:20 PM

I hope your super Joanns will be better than some I've lived near. Alot of them have so much wicker, yarn, scrapbooking, painting items that the fabric department only expanded a little bit.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel

He could bring along the Bumper Grill ....
Attached Thumbnails attachment-36146.jpe