My little secret....

Old 11-19-2009, 04:07 PM

Huge congrats. Love them up lots while you are there. Doing "distance grandbabies" isn't easy. Mine are 1500 miles away, so I dont' see them nearly enough.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:12 PM

That is such good news . There is nothing like being a grammy. We are expecting number 10 the middle of Jan. It's still exciting no matter how many you end up with. right?
Old 11-19-2009, 04:56 PM

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! I bet you are sooooo excited! I am happy for you. Grand babies are wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2009, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Congratulations Terri!! Twins are wonderful!! It takes a bit of getting used to picking them up at the same time but they are well worth the extra work!! We have twin grandsons who will be 6 Nov 23. Where has the years gone? I am so excited for you!! What a blessing!! Congrats to your daughter and SIL!!

Do they have names picked out yet? Can't wait to see pictures!!! Safe trip for you and wishes for a safe not too long delivery for your daughter!!!

Is Jan 8? the 40 week date or an early date for twins? I know twins usually don't make it to the end like most singles do. Ours were 4 wks early.
Our twins came at 40 weeks at 6 lbs.5 oz and 6 lbs.4 oz. My poor daughter stood up the first time after birth and almost fell over. Her center of balance was all off! Twins are so exciting as are all new babies!!!!!! What a great trip you are going to have! Go Gramma!!!!!
Old 11-19-2009, 05:26 PM

tlrnhi

Congratulaions....how wonderful..better get those twin guilts going.

Where will you be traveling to care for the grandchild? and I am rather new here also.so where will you be coming from......just wondering as I find it so interesting to know where my quilting from reside.......

Safe trip and be sure to get online with any twin-news.

MJ
Old 11-19-2009, 05:28 PM

OOPS.............rereading the above..I meant to say...my quilting FRIENDS..
Old 11-19-2009, 05:59 PM

Congrats Terri!! Great news and I know you will have so much fun
Old 11-19-2009, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by omak
Okay! I read the WHOLE thread ... now!
What is a 4-D image?????????
and, how can they tell the babies are identical?
I will be praying for traveling mercies, birthing speed, and all the other things you will need to carry you through <g>
i am sooooo excited! Babies and TWINS! and, mama there to help ... it can't possibly get any better than that! Even with a MIL that is a pill ... daughter probably takes after you, anyway, so the two of you can take her, indeed! <wave>
A 4D image shows the babies from all views. It's an upclose, non evasive picture that shows in detail the face, arms, legs, etc. It's great! Shows exactly what the babies look like.

So, on to HOW she has twins....miracle, that's all we can say. Twins run on neither side of the family. They had to do invitro since both have problems with conception. Anyway...2 eggs were implanted even tho doc said he wanted 3, but she was insistant at 2. Doc told her that with 2, the chances of it taking the first time was almost 0%. Well, not only did ONE take, but it split into identicals. On the ultrasounds it shows one sac, one placenta which means identicals. Just wish on the U/S, they would show below the chest so I can tell what's in there! lol
Old 11-19-2009, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by omak
Okay! I read the WHOLE thread ... now!
What is a 4-D image?????????
and, how can they tell the babies are identical?
I will be praying for traveling mercies, birthing speed, and all the other things you will need to carry you through <g>
i am sooooo excited! Babies and TWINS! and, mama there to help ... it can't possibly get any better than that! Even with a MIL that is a pill ... daughter probably takes after you, anyway, so the two of you can take her, indeed! <wave>
4d imaging is a different type of ultrasound. it's very cool, 3d is images, 4d is usually video.
http://www.uc-baby.com/en/image-video-gallery/index.php

When they do an ultrasound, they can see how and where the babies are positioned, if they share one sack, and often one placenta, then for sure they're identical. Fraternal twins have two seperate sacks and placentas.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:05 PM

Rhonda...Jan 8 is her due date. I'm hoping she can hold off as long as she can. Those babies need to bake longer. Right now, she says they are 4 1/2 pounds each, so they should be a pretty good weight at birth.

This is my child that has to do EVERYTHING over the top. Can't do things like a normal person, so her having twins is her way of saying....I did it again! lol