Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • My new Scooter will be ordered Friday ! >
  • My new Scooter will be ordered Friday !

• My new Scooter will be ordered Friday !

Old 03-09-2011, 08:18 AM

Hooray for you! My sister just got her first scooter and she is going back to college with it! Have fun with your new found freedom!
    Old 03-09-2011, 10:50 AM

I need to pitch my old, never to be used again scooter. I have had enough experiences of outings hanging around wall sockets, or waiting for a pick up because it quit. Has to do with .. "they last about 5 years" did not know that. I have used my well for 6..
    --------------
    My late DH had a Jazzy22, which was a very good large machine. And after he left us, I gave it to my DD's husband, who has used it continuously for the last 4 or so years with no complaints.

Just be careful that you get a seat belt with it, our bus will pick up wheel chair people but they must have a seat belt, even though the chair will be locked down to the bus.
    Old 03-09-2011, 11:13 AM

I'm so happy for you. I'm sure you will waste no time it putting it into use.

I've had the need lately myself to use the electric carts at the large stores such as Meijer, Kroger, Sam's and Walmart. I've had a bad case of chronic bronchitus in addition to something similar to mono. I've just not had the energy to go do the banking and shopping without their use. I look forward to soon not having to use them.

Pam M
    Old 03-09-2011, 11:29 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

Thank you everyone in celebrating with me. I have read so many kind replys and some stories that share why these are so wonderful !
    Appreciate all the notes !

Ell
    Old 03-09-2011, 12:03 PM

Ell, enjoy your re-found mobility. It's awful to not be able to go out..enjoy
    Old 03-09-2011, 04:25 PM

Glad you are going to have wheels again! Makes a big difference to be able to get out and about town and fabric stores!!
    Old 03-09-2011, 04:27 PM

Happy of the good news! I hope this one gives you many hours of freedom!
    Old 03-09-2011, 04:35 PM

One or two things you might like to do, is have a leather-like stiff container that you can stuff an umbrella into, as well as a few of those little emergency metallic blankets that fold up to about 3 inches, good over the legs in rain. And a good, solid place to stuff your purse or billfold, one that is easy for you to either put your legs over or has a snap or velcro on it. I'm sure you can come up with something like that. Otherwise, way too easy for someone to snatch it and run into a crowd.

I'm sure you will have fun with your new wheels, learn new places, go to stores and libraries, churches, plays and everywhere that makes your heart happy.
    Old 03-09-2011, 05:58 PM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    One or two things you might like to do, is have a leather-like stiff container that you can stuff an umbrella into, as well as a few of those little emergency metallic blankets that fold up to about 3 inches, good over the legs in rain. And a good, solid place to stuff your purse or billfold, one that is easy for you to either put your legs over or has a snap or velcro on it. I'm sure you can come up with something like that. Otherwise, way too easy for someone to snatch it and run into a crowd.

I'm sure you will have fun with your new wheels, learn new places, go to stores and libraries, churches, plays and everywhere that makes your heart happy.
    thanks for all the good ideas ! I have had so many well wishes, other's with similiar needs.
    your list is great. I need oxygen at times too, there is a little oxygen holder, but want to try a bag first. There is a small basket and I will have 4 wheels this time. since I have a canister to carry. the three wheel scooter I overturned one or two times. So, the two front wheels wiht the oxygen container is best.

Thanks so much for the extra tips !
    Ell
    Old 03-09-2011, 07:56 PM

Enjoy your new scooter and keeping mobile. I can't imagine not being able to go to the quilt store. If I ever need one, I will certainly not hesitate to get one.