Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • my sewing machine saga  *grrrrr...* >
  • my sewing machine saga *grrrrr...*

• my sewing machine saga *grrrrr...*

Old 02-25-2010, 10:08 PM
    Banned

I would most sertinley complain, what a terrible customer service.
    Old 02-25-2010, 10:10 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by butterflywing
    you are buying a machine sight unseen from a guy who has a partner he admits he has trouble with, but maintains a partnership with. they are both giving you stories about why the thing is late. they are saying it was serviced. really? you know you can't trust them. if they do the servicing, how long will it take to get it back each time? is there a guarantee? will you have to fight them every time something goes wrong? this was, after all, a floor model. it may have been badly used.

please get rid of them. call your card company and tell them you don't have the merchandise and don't want it. they didn't keep their delivery promise and now it's too late. cancel the charge. of course, they already paid the merchant. but that's why people use cards. so they have recourse for cases like this. the card company will make them return the money (to the card company). the charge will be deleted from your bill. in the meantime, do not accept the package. if it comes when you're not home, don't open it. call whoever delivered it and have it taken away. refuse delivery. do not sign for it. if you keep it, you will kick yourself. look on ebay, craigslist, anywhere. buy a used one (this is used after all). there are other possibilities. google sewing machines not made in china. sewing machines made in japan. made in italy. in germany. in sweden. they ARE out there. buy a junker for right now if you have to. just dump these con men.
    dito!
    Old 02-26-2010, 06:33 AM

As I said before drop the guys. Scream, hollar, tell everyone about the BAD dealing. Just get away from these jerks. They are sweet talking you into buying possible a piece of their junk. RUN RUN RUN
    Old 02-26-2010, 07:42 AM

I emailed asking for a rebate. I guess if I don't get one I will refuse delivery.
    Old 02-26-2010, 09:09 AM

additionally, i think they sold you a machine they never really had in their hands and then they had to look for. that's why they couldn't come down in price.
    Old 02-26-2010, 12:22 PM

the more I read the more I think I smell a rat! Something is not right here.......run......
    Old 02-26-2010, 03:12 PM

The trusting part of me is wanting to believe that Nice Guy really did do his best. Maybe he can't get out of the partnership with the Bad Guy or maybe this is the last straw and he will end the partnership.

Either way, the package is supposed to arrive on Monday. You are very clear that you don't want something from China and this isn't from China. Since that is important to you and you found one you wanted, maybe you should try it for the 30 days and see how well it works.

Maybe giving Nice Guy the benefit of the doubt would be a good thing. It's a tough situation. I want to believe him like you do. Nice Guy does seem like he cares. Giving you a rebate will make him even nicer. :D
    Old 02-28-2010, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by bibiche
    I emailed asking for a rebate. I guess if I don't get one I will refuse delivery.
    "If you don't get one?" IF you don't get one. You haven't even received the machine yet. Open your eyes.

Please forgive me, but bibiche, what part of these responses don't you understand?? These two bums are taking advantage of you. Refuse shipment! Call your credit card company and have it returned! Don't listen to these two con artists anymore! Not anymore! NO MORE !! First of all why would anyone want to purchase a machine that has to be shipped so far for service?!

IMHO, I would get out of this "deal" as fast as I can and I wouldn't look back.
    Old 02-28-2010, 03:01 PM

immediately contact your card company AND THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE. that's why he's there. report this bum. i ran into this problem once and once i checked, i found that they had outstanding lawsuits against them. please don't wait.

what is the name of the company?
    Old 03-01-2010, 09:32 PM

I have been watching this topic with interest to see how this plays out. I have to say something....It smells really bad. Even "IF" you do recieve the machine, will it work? Will you have to pull teeth to get anything done about it or will you have just bought yourself a pc of crap? It would be so nice in this day & age, if we could be trusting. This went sour right from the get go though. I hate to see a quilter spend good money & not be treated right or get what they pay for. I wish you the best of luck.