MY TURN - HOME ALONE!!!!

Old 04-07-2010, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pam
I always tell my kids that I will be doing nude vacuuming while they are gone, that keeps them away longer!! You are welcome to use that line on them!
Too funny! I'll have to use that on my family...I could have the house to my self all the time! :)
Old 04-07-2010, 01:44 PM

Hope you enjoy your time!! Get lots of quilting in!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by macgma2001
you guys crack me up. my best friend goes to hawaii with a singer feather weight as her carryon and sews in her hotel room....my husband is leaving next month to start building our retirement house. i CAN'T wait for him to leave so i can SSSEEEWWWWW. :-)
That would be a tough one for me. I would have to spend part of my time helping to build the house. My first dh and I built our own house - 3 br, 2 bath, two story house! It was interesting and I love to do some of the construction work and finishing work. Of course then there are the curtains/drapes to make and the quilts to go in it etc.
Have fun!
Old 04-07-2010, 02:59 PM

And the DH's enjoy the little guilt they feel thinking we'll be devastated if they go hunting, golfing or car racing! Let's just keep that out little secret.

There are some benefits to living alone and in retirement - don't have to put everything away, eat when and what you want, don't have to listen to extreme sports while you quilt, etc!
Old 04-07-2010, 05:00 PM

Enjoy every minute!!! :-D :-D :-D

Oh gosh--so many lines on here made me chuckle, like this
every time i get alone time, i end up wasting it being in awe and trying to figure out what to do with so much peace and quiet that it ends up over b4 i do much of anything lol
Old 04-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Power Poster

I am jealous. I have very little alone time now that all the kids and DGD live with me so when I get some I treasure it. Have fun.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Pam
I always tell my kids that I will be doing nude vacuuming while they are gone, that keeps them away longer!! You are welcome to use that line on them!
My family would be shocked!!! Mom!?!.....vaccuuming!?!!! (usually DH does that for me)
Old 04-09-2010, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by IrishNY
My DH and sons just left for the Masters and I am home alone until Monday night! I am so excited. I don't know what to do first - I have so many things planned for my time.

I don't think I have had this much time alone at home since my oldest son was born more than 24 years ago and with 4 kids, I crave peace and quiet since I so seldom had it.

I actually am taking vacation from work from now until Monday night and would be thrilled if I don't have to leave the house before then. :-D

ROTF! I'm also "on vacation". My DH works with FEMA and is deployed to the flooding so I have the entire house to myself. God is good.

One of my daughters called and offered to come home from college for the weekend so I wouldn't have to be alone. It was all I could do not to hang up on her. LOL
:D
Old 04-09-2010, 11:30 AM

I probably would take phone off hook(after I thank my kids and tell them that I'm ok ), close the blinds, lock all doors. Maybe not even get out of my pj's. Sounds heavenly. I love the family time, but also the alone time. emily
Old 04-09-2010, 11:31 AM

Don't cook, no housework, get a big bottle of "beverage", put on music you like, sleep in if you like and do whatever your little heart desires (quilting) ;-) Just have a great time :P :P